It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of Humanity, Mass Awakening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I notice a lot of people have a belief that humanity is on the verge of a mass awakening. Some people believe that is it going to be a spiritual evolution, where we transcend this plane and become immortal.

However is this nothing more than just wishful thinking, mainly motivated through fear of death?

Too many people miss the point of being human. We are physical beings, living in a physical world. I think that striving to not be dependant upon material things is a good discipline, but, in the end physical is all that we are. To deny the material world is to deny being human.

However I do not believe that means we should be materialistic consumers. We need to be responsible with regards to our material desires, and make sure it is not at the expense of other life forms or the environment.

I think a mass awakening will not involve us becoming spiritual beings at all. Quite the contrary, a mass awakening will take us back to nature, living in harmony with the planet, rather than consuming it. Respecting nature rather than exploiting it. Respecting each other regardless or race or nationality, and most importantly, realising religion is what is holding us back.

Look at what we have achieved in the dark. When we finally awaken, just imagine what we could do. We WILL explore the galaxy, we WILL find ways to live even longer and healthily, even combat the ageing process completely. We will achieve our full HUMAN potential. And all without harming the environment.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
When we finally awaken, just imagine what we could do. We WILL explore the galaxy, we WILL find ways to live even longer and healthily, even combat the ageing process completely. We will achieve our full HUMAN potential. And all without harming the environment.

Modern humans are parasites. The population is too large for the fragile environment to sustain. Extending lives merely contributes to the problem. Living in harmony with nature means survival of the fittest and the death of the weakest. A delicate balance that people are not going to awaken to until there is no nature left. By then it will be too late and the earth will just be another dead rock orbitting the sun.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I think that striving to not be dependant upon material things is a good discipline, but, in the end physical is all that we are. To deny the material world is to deny being human.

I agree that physical is PART of who we are, but to embrace the non-physical does not necessarily mean that we deny the physical. I believe that we are a being, in possession of a body and mind. In other words, we are both physical and non-physical. I don't deny either, but embrace both.

You may be right about an "awakening" being a returning to harmony with the Earth, but it doesn't have to exclude the non-physical.

JMO

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I understand you. And sure, nothing will happen if do nothing...

But you wrote, we live in a physical world. Thats just the half truth. We also live in a spiritual world, - feelings have no physics. So it's more a question of "where is the focus". For me, the inner world is far more real and important then the physical world. For me - it's just matter. I am not my Body, I am my ghost, if you want.

So the lack of developing your soul can not end in a evolution wonder. We still have much to learn on a near dead playground. This is then the real end.

Some of us, maybe one can mutate to the new form, but for sure not all.

BTW. I hope we will never be physical immortal. And my soul has already this state.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
OP, Evolution is coming and I for one can't wait!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Modern humans are parasites. The population is too large for the fragile environment to sustain. Extending lives merely contributes to the problem. Living in harmony with nature means survival of the fittest and the death of the weakest. A delicate balance that people are not going to awaken to until there is no nature left. By then it will be too late and the earth will just be another dead rock orbitting the sun.

do you got food, i bet you got plenty of it.
science says earth can feed about 10 billions of people, with no problem.
with your attitude, its all too late, we are doomed, you hinder achieving this possibility.
sorry, but f*ck it all wont help at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Modern humans are parasites.

I completely agree.

The population is too large for the fragile environment to sustain. Extending lives merely contributes to the problem.

I completely disagree here. There is more than enough space and resources for every single person alive to live comfortably. The problem here is that certain cultures are excessive and take away from others who have almost nothing. If we learned to share equally amongst ourselves, poverty would be nothing more than a memory.

Living in harmony with nature means survival of the fittest and the death of the weakest.

According to modern scientific theory. Im not saying survival of the fittest is not a viable theory. I see survival of the fittest applied to humans more as a justification for certain evil acts, like depopulation and population control. In fact charity is one of our strengths as a species, and there are other species who take care of the weaker members.

Living in harmony with nature means not expoliting it or destroying it to suit our desires, rather finding a way to work with it instead. Technology is still entirely possible, just using power sources and materials that do not rely on literally bleeding the earth dry.

A delicate balance that people are not going to awaken to until there is no nature left. By then it will be too late and the earth will just be another dead rock orbitting the sun.

Never. The earth has recovered from asteroids in the past so Im sure that the earth will recover from us. The only way the earth will die is when the sun starts to die.

new topics

top topics

join