It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niburu is not a planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I love it when astronomers think they know everything about space, but they don't.

I love it even more when people who have absolutely no training in anything space related think they know more about space than someone trained like an astronomer.

LOL So what training do you need to just look at stars and see things?

Mayans had more knowledge than modern man and modern man laughs at them. Sad how people are now a days.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

LOL!!!!

Those are all taken by 2007 when it changed appearance!!!!

2007 you got any back 7 years ago??

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

reply to post by OzWeatherman

I love it when astronomers think they know everything about space, but they don't.

I love it even more when people who have absolutely no training in anything space related think they know more about space than someone trained like an astronomer.

LOL So what training do you need to just look at stars and see things?

Mayans had more knowledge than modern man and modern man laughs at them. Sad how people are now a days.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by dragnet53]

Mathmathetics for one.
And no, the mayans were not more knowledgeable at all in astronomy, they only knew of 4 planets, all which were visible with the naked eye.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I can find no evidence that comet Holmes appeared as a blue star. Nor do you provide any statement that the blue star was a reference to something other than color.

I think this claim that comet Holmes was the blue star of the Hopi prophecy is a false claim.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I can find no evidence that comet Holmes appeared as a blue star. Nor do you provide any statement that the blue star was a reference to something other than color.

I think this claim that comet Holmes was the blue star of the Hopi prophecy is a false claim.

The Blue Star is seen as the starting herald of a Great Purification period beginning prior to 2012. This would last for 7 years in total. Interestingly comet Holmes 17P travels an orbit around the sun 7 years long. That fact makes for a rather ominous coincidence if you ask this researcher. That should mean the great purification runs through 24-10-2007 to 24-10-2014.

It is said that it will begin when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask. Which partly relates to a certain ceremonial dance involving a specific religious mask from what I understand. It is however also explained as an actual solar object. First it would be represented in dances and later seen in the sky by all peoples of the Earth.

The Hopi ceremonies will supposedly no longer be carried out once the "Kachina" removes his mask. This will be during a dance in the plaza that is held before uninitiated children. In all likelihood that may refer to one of the dances allowed to be viewed by white tourists. Although for a while there will be no more ceremonies, eventually the ‘Oraibi’ will be rejuvenated with new faith and new ceremonies, marking the start of a new cycle of life.

2012rising.com...

only decent source explaining why it is called the blue star kachina. It isn't because of the name "blue" The comet did what it was told and basically "removed its mask" for the whole world to see.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Look further down the article where the author is justifying that comet Holmes is the blue star.

Images of the object show that its matter continued to expand outward and that it became the largest object in our solar system, larger even than the sun. The pictures beamed back to Earth show an enormous object with a bluish tinge. A blue object the size of a star.

It seems that this person is using the images taken with a blue filter to justify the claim. In fact, the person is wrong since the photo posted on that site is not one "beamed to Earth."

A little further down the author states

I would say that this comet turning itself into a blue star sized object fits the prophetic mould.

The article is fairly clear that the color of the comet is important. That color was yellow or white , not blue.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Look further down the article where the author is justifying that comet Holmes is the blue star.

Images of the object show that its matter continued to expand outward and that it became the largest object in our solar system, larger even than the sun. The pictures beamed back to Earth show an enormous object with a bluish tinge. A blue object the size of a star.

It seems that this person is using the images taken with a blue filter to justify the claim. In fact, the person is wrong since the photo posted on that site is not one "beamed to Earth."

A little further down the author states

I would say that this comet turning itself into a blue star sized object fits the prophetic mould.

The article is fairly clear that the color of the comet is important. That color was yellow or white , not blue.

Comet holmes basically did what the prophecy told what it would do. Nobody saw comet holmes unless you have a telescope. But for a second it showed the whole world it was there.

deny ignorance!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Nibiru is a planet but what makes you think it can't be steered like a spaceship by it's inhabitants?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

What makes you think it can? There are no new planets out there. If there were we'd have:
A. Seen it
B. Seen changes in the orbits of the known planets

Nibiru does not exist.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by altamash

Interesting, at least the comet cluster part. Without knowing anything about this channeled information i came to the same concluson after investigating all the evidences i can found on the internet. Ancient legends talk about a red comet like object which returns to the solar system every 3600-4000 years and causing global catastrophes. Sometimes bigger sometimes smaller depending on the Earth's position. You can clearly see this comet cluster's influence on the Moon and Mars. It approaches the solar system from the South.
Mars South Pole:
pubs.usgs.gov...
Mars North Pole:
homepage.mac.com...
Moon South Pole:
www.cosmosmagazine.com...
Moon North:
www.l2ms.com...
There are much more craters on the South poles which indicates that these planets (and Earth) meets much more impact from the south. The source can be this comet cluster.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bocimaster
reply to post by altamash

Interesting, at least the comet cluster part. Without knowing anything about this channeled information i came to the same concluson after investigating all the evidences i can found on the internet. Ancient legends talk about a red comet like object which returns to the solar system every 3600-4000 years and causing global catastrophes. Sometimes bigger sometimes smaller depending on the Earth's position. You can clearly see this comet cluster's influence on the Moon and Mars. It approaches the solar system from the South.
Mars South Pole:
pubs.usgs.gov...
Mars North Pole:
homepage.mac.com...
Moon South Pole:
www.cosmosmagazine.com...
Moon North:
www.l2ms.com...
There are much more craters on the South poles which indicates that these planets (and Earth) meets much more impact from the south. The source can be this comet cluster.

yet, somehow somebody will find a way to debunk this as saying it isn't some planet coming through our system.

I noticed the moon had huge asteroid craters, but never knew mars was that bad as well. More evidence of something like Nibiru, the red purifier, the red comet, etc. causing mayhem.

Hell, if you know what you are doing with Timewave Zero, you can see a 3600-4000 event that occurs.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I have already checked Timewave and i found the repeating 3600-4000 year period. There are just too much evidence that something is out there causing periodic damage to Earth. We can only hope that next time (which can be close) this cluster misses us.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bocimaster

I took a look at this idea which seemed to be based on sketchy evidence. I used Google Earth to check Mars and the Moon. Visually inspections did not offer any real evidence of anything unusual other than the difficulty of stitching images together in the polar regions.

So next I went to find out if there was ant known about an uneven distribution of craters on any of the planets or moons.
Introduction to Cratering Studies

The interpretation of Figure 5 is that the craters are indeed giving evidence of progressive loss of smaller craters -- an environment different from the moon. Probably the agent is infill by windblown dust, which obliterates smaller craters.

Lunar Crater Stats Indicate Hidden Population of Asteroids

In the 80s and 90s astronomers noticed that the distribution of craters on these objects was asymmetric: they were more heavily cratered on their leading hemispheres which makes sense since it seems obvious that these areas should be struck more often.

So it seems that the claims of more craters at the poles is not true at least for the moons of the solar system.

Asymmetric impacts of near-Earth asteroids on the Moon
From the abstract

Recent lunar crater studies have revealed an asymmetric distribution of rayed craters on the lunar surface. The asymmetry is related to the synchronous rotation of the Moon: there is a higher density of rayed craters on the leading hemisphere compared with the trailing hemisphere.

I thought you might be interested in reading this story.
How Young is the Lunar Crater Giordano Bruno?

About 30 years ago it was supposed that people saw the impact that formed this crater.

"Now there was a bright new moon, and as usual in that phase its horns were tilted toward the east and suddenly the upper horn split in two. From the midpoint of this division a flaming torch sprang up, spewing out, over a considerable distance, fire, hot coals, and sparks. Meanwhile the body of the moon, which was below, writhed ...[and] throbbed like a wounded snake."

This was written about events in 1178.

Is this the event that caused the crater on the moon? It's an interesting read and I won't provide the answer here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I noticed the moon had huge asteroid craters, but never knew mars was that bad as well. More evidence of something like Nibiru, the red purifier, the red comet, etc. causing mayhem.

Why stop at Mars? Check out the moons of Jupiter and Saturn as well. What about Mercury?

Check out the 1178 story I linked to. It might be of interest to you.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Asymmetric impacts of near-Earth asteroids on the Moon
From the abstract
Recent lunar crater studies have revealed an asymmetric distribution of rayed craters on the lunar surface. The asymmetry is related to the synchronous rotation of the Moon: there is a higher density of rayed craters on the leading hemisphere compared with the trailing hemisphere.

While this explanations is of course true, it does not explain why there are much more craters on the south side of the moon compared to the north side.

I thought you might be interested in reading this story.
How Young is the Lunar Crater Giordano Bruno?
About 30 years ago it was supposed that people saw the impact that formed this crater.This was written about events in 1178.
Is this the event that caused the crater on the moon? It's an interesting read and I won't provide the answer here.

It was interesting to read. However this is a good example how much we don't know about things. Some says Giordano Bruno crater is 4 M years old, some says it is just 800 years old. The difference is huge.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bocimaster

While this explanations is of course true, it does not explain why there are much more craters on the south side of the moon compared to the north side.

This is not true. There is no polar asymmetry.

However this is a good example how much we don't know about things. Some says Giordano Bruno crater is 4 M years old, some says it is just 800 years old. The difference is huge.

Actually, it says that those that had supposed an 800 year old age were off by 4 million years.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Who claims that comet Holmes was the blue star of the prophecy? The Hopi? Was this the tribal council? Can you tell me who you mean when you say the Hopi?

Does anyone here know what the color of the comet was to the naked eye? Was it blue? Or was it white or yellow? Please tell me the color?

We already know that no brown dwarf can be within thousands of AU of the sun. So there is no planet sized object with 320AU of the sun that we do not know about.

I don't know who represented the Hopi in the announcement of the Holmes comet being the blue Kachina star, but I do know that is was Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Ozlaj, a 13th generation Maya shaman and leader of the National Mayan Council of Elders for the Guatemala government that announced the Holmes comet as the official blue star kachina in their ancient beliefs. It's arrival opens a 7 year window for the 2012 events to happen. Right before the big event (whatever that entails) a red star will appear about 48 hours prior.

Google Holmes comet and you will see pictures of it. They state that the naked eye saw it as blue. I personally didn't see it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

Google Holmes comet and you will see pictures of it. They state that the naked eye saw it as blue.

That's completely wrong. It was yellow to the naked eye.

Comet Holmes

It became easily visible to the naked eye as a bright yellow "star" in Perseus

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
2 Pages of replies about a ship that is being mistaken for a planet, that is going to destroy earth and not ONE mention of the Death Star from Star Wars?! Im kinda shocked actually, my fellow nerds must have deserted me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join