It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anchor Babies are Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter if you don't like anchor babies, think they cost us a bundle, or feel that the law should be changed.

The truth is that Anchor babies are Americans and should be treated as such. They shouldn't be called by some derogatory term.

If you don't believe me that they are Americans, I ask you to answer this question with a simple yes or no.

If a baby is born in the US and both parents are illegal, does the US government currently recognize that baby as a US citizen?

The answer of course is yes. No need to come back at me with all this mumbo jumbo that it wasn't intended to be that way, shouldn't be that way etc...

That is just a load of could have, should have, would have, but isn't the case.

As for the Arizona attempt to pass a law concerning this issue.

How long have these babies been known as Americans?

How long has Arizona been a state?

Why is Arizona just now getting so concerned about passing such a measure? Surely, they saw the writing on the wall a long time ago and could have lobbied Congress to change the law over the years. It isn't like this immigration debate just started recently?

For all you who support this measure, the least you could do is show evidence that an overwhelming majority of these babies grow up being disloyal to the US and don't respect this country.

You talk about how much money they cost us while completely ignoring the fact that these babies are Americans. I have yet to see evidence that these babies are damaging our country except for the money aspect. And the money aspect is due to the laws that are in placed.

In other words, all this money everybody yells about is legal. Whatever happened to respecting the laws and being a law abiding citizen?

Here is an anchor baby as many of you like to call them.

Could somebody tell me why he is draping himself in a Mexican Flag?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0cfb39d725f.jpg[/atsimg]

New York Times reports that Henry Cejudo, the son of unauthorized migrants, has just won the gold for the U.S. For most nativists, however, Henry Cejudo is not a U.S. citizen. He is an "anchor baby".

The term "anchor baby" riddles the site of supposedly "pro-legal, anti-illegal migrant" websites. An "anchor baby" is the child of unauthorized migrants who has been given U.S. citizenship by birth.

"This is the American dream," said a joyful Cejudo, still wrapped in the U.S. flag. "The United States is the greatest country in the world."

www.citizenorange.com...

“I served in the Iraq War with many so-called ‘anchor babies.’ They are among Americans who died for the United States,” said Ruben Gallego, a Hispanic military veteran who is running as a Democrat candidate for the state legislature. “Stupid laws like these make Arizona look like another backward state.”

blogs.reuters.com...

I can't help but wonder how many more of these babies have grown up to serve this country and make this country a better place to live.

Furthermore, this is a federal issue. We pledge our allegiance to the United States of America, not the United States of Arizona.

If you want the law changed lobby Congress. They are the ones who write the laws.

Anchor babies Americans aren't the ones costing you money. It is the government.

If Congress can get the law change, I will respect that they are not American citizens. But until the law is changed, all of you who like to throw out the Anchor Baby term should respect these babies as Americans and call them as such.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

No problem and per the constitution you are obviously correct.

The parents however are not and regardless of the fact that their child is an legal citizen, the parents should be deported and they can make the choice of either placing the child in foster care or taking the child with them.

Of course the Mexican government will need to determine if they want a flood of American children flooding over the border into Mexico.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Since the parents were ILLEGAL, and a child is NOT an adult until age 18, it is obvious that they go BYE-BYE with their parents also.

We have CARED FOR THE KIDS OF ILLEGALS LONG ENOUGH. BYE-BYE!!

Re-apply for citizenship when they turn 18 if they want.

No more of my TAXES will pay for ANCHOR BABIES.

ILLEGALS ARENT TOO BRIGHT it seems EXCEPT for WHEN IT COMES TO CHEATING THE AMERICAN SYSTEM. They should spend their mental energy thinking up ways to improve their own country instead of ways to SCREW OVER THE TAXPAYERS OF THE USA.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Appreciate you acknowledging this.

The parents however are not and regardless of the fact that their child is an legal citizen, the parents should be deported and they can make the choice of either placing the child in foster care or taking the child with them.

This not a dilemma as many think. Usually, the parents take them with them or leave them in the hands of relatives.

I have nothing against the laws being enforced. I just get frustrate with all the bashing while the laws remain the same. I just wish more people would divert their attention to the real problem and that problem is in Washington.

They are the ones in charge of the issue as well writing the requirements that supposedly illegals benefit from.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The problem is not so much the anchor babies themselves....but the contempt in which the mothers show the united states.

The problem is with the mother coming over her and popping out the baby and the mother and her family automatically gets to stay.

Lets take THAT away.

The child can stay as a citizen....but the mother and her family gets deported. Its up to her if she wants to take the 'anchor baby' back with her or not.

OR she can leave the child in adoption.

Sound cruel? maybe but i bet they would stop having 'anchor' babies over here as much...i mean if a mother wants to keep the child that is.

Either way this problem needs to be adressed...and there is better ways then screwing with the constitution....just take away the illegal support system...brick by brick.

make it a living hell for illegals to live here. Make them WANT to be legal. Give them a incentive...quit babying them. Make there life as horrible as possible.

Once again that sounds cruel yes?

WRONG. thats 100 times better then china.

And if they dont like it...GET OUT!

we are not keeping you here against your will.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

Re-apply for citizenship when they turn 18 if they want.

They don't have to. they are US citizens.

No more of my TAXES will pay for ANCHOR BABIES.

Don't worry, your taxes aren't going to anchor babies. It's going to help pay the interest on that 13 trillion dollar debt. China loves you for it.

Kisses and hugs from China.

ILLEGALS ARENT TOO BRIGHT it seems EXCEPT for WHEN IT COMES TO CHEATING THE AMERICAN SYSTEM. They should spend their mental energy thinking up ways to improve their own country instead of ways to SCREW OVER THE TAXPAYERS OF THE USA.

Cheating the American system...

Is it really cheating when the laws are written saying they qualify? and if your talking about being paid under the table, what is your opinion of that American that is paying them?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Either way this problem needs to be adressed...and there is better ways then screwing with the constitution....just take away the illegal support system...brick by brick.

You deserve a beer for this. All Congress has to do is rewrite laws where they can't collect or benefit from the system. As long as they do it withing Constitutional boundary, it shouldn't be a problem.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
By the same logic, while we are at it, why dont just abolish US borders completely? I am sure there will be some future succesfull sportsmen, doctors, scientists among the people that would invade your country then.

I believe that to become a citizen, you have to do more than just be born at the right place.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I believe that to become a citizen, you have to do more than just be born at the right place.

Go further please, tell me what more should be done to become a citizen then merely being born into the country.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

First of all, though I support AZ's efforts to try and crack down on illegal immigration however they can, this is beyond the pale. I agree with you - they have no legal leg to stand on. As abused as it is because its wording was never revised, the 14th amendment very clearly states that anyone born in this country is a citizen.

This is why one of the things I believe should be looked at is the wording of section 1 of the 14th amendment itself - it very clearly was written to encompass freed slaves at the end of the Civil War, not illegal immigrants trying to get a foothold on American soil instead of going through legal channels. Either the wording itself is amended to reflect this, or the Supreme Court must address it and give us a reinterpretation of intent.

Only two ways I see this particular loophole being closed... unless someone has a better idea?

I don't know, I mentioned this in another thread... maybe that's what AZ is after here. They've got to know this is going to be ruled unconstitutional... perhaps they're trying to have the larger issue addressed?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by jam321

Of course the Mexican government will need to determine if they want a flood of American children flooding over the border into Mexico.

If they are found to be illegal they WILL BE deported. Having a American baby DOES NOT allow the parents to remain in America, only the baby.

Don't worry, your taxes aren't going to anchor babies. It's going to help pay the interest on that 13 trillion dollar debt. China loves you for it.

to Jam: Thats right, they are so worried about spending but Bush's 700 billion bailout of the banks was ok cause they were "to big" to fail. 13 trillion dollars for an illegal war but not one penny to help the poor get medical care.

[edit on Fri May 28th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I don't know, I mentioned this in another thread... maybe that's what AZ is after here. They've got to know this is going to be ruled unconstitutional... perhaps they're trying to have the larger issue addressed?

I agree. But I also feel this is more about the economy than anything. Arizona knows it can't do much to improve the economy, so they are addressing the issue that many think is contributing to the economy.

If it was a good economy, none of these Arizona laws as of late would exist IMO.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Does any other country recognize children born of illegal immigrants as automatic citizens just because they were born within their borders?

I honestly don't know. Enlighten me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I know Saudi Arabia recognizes any child born of even one Saudi parent no matter where they are born. My friend who has dual Saudi/American citizenship has three kids all born here and they are Saudi citizens as well as Americans.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
while i agree that babies born here are citizens, their parents are not.

i dont think that someone who comes here illegally should be granted citizenship just because they had a child here.

america cant even take care of americans at this point.

however, this could all be playing on emotion to bring in a NAU.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

i dont think that someone who comes here illegally should be granted citizenship just because they had a child here.

This doesn't happen. The child becomes a citizen but the parents are still illegal. The child would have to be 18 and then go through the legal process of making his.her parents legal. Even then, it would take years and no guarantee that the parents will be accepted.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Maybe this will enlighten you and help you with your question.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Does any other country recognize children born of illegal immigrants as automatic citizens just because they were born within their borders?

I honestly don't know. Enlighten me.

Heres a list from wikipedia:

Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Barbados
Belize
Bolivia
Brazil
Canada
Chile
Colombia
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
El Salvador
Fiji[5]
Grenada
Guatemala
Guyana
Honduras
Jamaica
Lesotho
Malaysia
Mexico
Nicaragua
Pakistan
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Saint Christopher and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United States
Uruguay
Venezuela

34 countries (so you don't have to count them yourself).

[edit on 28-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Go further please, tell me what more should be done to become a citizen then merely being born into the country.

For example, one of childs parents has to be a citizen first. Citizenship should be inherited from your parents, not determined by your location at birth.

If none of childs parents is a citizen, then the child should go through normal immigration process, with background checks and everything, just like the parents and everyone else has to.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Maslo]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

that makes sense, but i would still be in support of deporting the parents.

the child can stay in america, or go back to wherever the parents country of origin is with the parents.

i would be in favor of a grace period of some sort to allow the parents to apply for citizenship, but if they dont make the effort .. give em the boot.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join