It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oil Distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This thought has been running across my mind since the beginning of the BP oil disaster, and quite frankly for quite some time before. We were suckered into the latest string of wars by crooked politics, deception, and distraction. We gladly gave up our rights, our liberties, and ultimately our freedom by a perceived threat of terrorism. We've declared war on it and with it have waged two battles in two different countries chasing the same ghosts.

My theory is that this latest disaster is merely a distraction for something much more sinister and something much more difficult to sell. Could it be a new Korean War? Could it be something else? I'm left wondering if this disaster wasn't intentional for the purpose of pushing an even more obscene US adjenda.

I post this because I am interested in your opinions in the matter, please keep your comments constructive.

Thanks.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by brigand]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by brigand
This thought has been running across my mind since the beginning of the BP oil disaster, and quite frankly for quite some time before. We were suckered into the latest string of wars by crooked politics, deception, and distraction. We gladly gave up our rights, our liberties, and ultimately our freedom by a perceived threat of terrorism. We've declared war on it and with it have waged two battles in two different countries chasing the same ghosts.

My theory is that this latest disaster is merely a distraction for something much more sinister and something much more difficult to sell. Could it be a new Korean War? Could it be something else? I'm left wondering if this disaster wasn't intentional for the purpose of pushing an even more obscene US adjenda.

I post this because I am interested in your opinions in the matter, please keep your comments constructive.

Thanks.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by brigand]

A distraction, is this inferring that the rig was sabotaged? Or do you mean it happened so they went with it? Although I think the media is a tool of the government, I don't think this is a distraction. Although I think their have been some in the past, like Paris Hilton's house arrest, it was on for 2 weeks! And all the while we were fighting two wars and were in political turmoil, I don't know just an example.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't believe the media is behind any of this, they are simply doing their jobs. I don't want to say that the rig was sabotaged, but its certainly not out of the realm of possiblity. If it was, and this distraction is keeping our attention away from stories like this:

www.cnn.com...

... Its doing its job.

Food for Thought

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I could see where that is plausible.
I usually do a few things when a disaster occurs.
Look at what legislation is in que for a vote, look at what legislation was attempted but failed to pass recently, look at where the money will be made, and finally look very closely at what would be suggested by the talking heads as a needed but not yet available solution.
Any of these that draw a red flag and further an agenda that diminishes and threatens our individual welfare or rights is immediately suspect.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think it is a matter of individual perspective as well.

There are several posts on different threads here that propose that North Korea is the distraction from the gulf oil crisis.

Then again, today, the President granted a Q/A to the press which hasn't happened in a long time and focused mainly on the oil tragedy.

I have been suspect of the oil situation due to the reluctance of TPTB to solve the problem for over a month

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I am with you. And I WILL state that it was done ON PURPOSE. Having friends who have worked on these rigs, there is very little chance of an explosion like that. To bring the rig down? The platform sits atop 4 major diameter posts and is very secure. Katrina couldn't sink one in high seas, go figure. But an explosion somehow cut the four pilings and sank the rig? Yea right, I have 2 cents, I'll buy that.

This is a distraction from the small arms treaty that is proposed by the corrupt and illegal U.N. and Hillary Clinton. It is also a distraction from the Audit the Fed legislation and the Rev. Manning Grand Jury verdicts which came back guilty on 17 counts. How many people know about all this stuff and more?

Edit to add; Why has the price of fuel come down instead of going up? Does that make any sense? I think that TPTB bit off a bit more than they could chew here and BP is going down big time. I think the execs should be strung up and all involved should be taken out and have their clocks cleaned but good. Just my opinion though.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by daddio]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by brigand

My theory is that this latest disaster is merely a distraction for something much more sinister and something much more difficult to sell.

Perhaps it's the Federal Anexation of the gulf coastline and subsequent removal of anyone living within 50 miles of the coast.

There could be any number of reasons for this.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

I wouldn't be surprised in the least with these criminals who have taken over the government. If the rig was not sabotaged I am sure they still saw it as an opportunity. Remember they never want to let a good crisis go to waste...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My husband and I completely agree that this was intentional.

The reason why, I believe could be any number of things, only time will tell for those of us who "read between the lines". Here are my thoughts:

1. To discourage the drilling of coastal oil around United States, political strategy.

2. To further our dependancy upon Middle Eastern Oil, thus creating a "need" to continue to occupy the Middle East

3. To Distract the american public from the brewing of what might well turn into WW3.

4. To create a natural disaster, that would instill Martial Law, if the Hurricanes bring the Oil Inland

new topics

top topics

join