It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Gulf Oil Spill Mirrors One From 1979 EXACTLY!! AMAZING ARCHIVAL FOOTAGE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
thanks for posting OP and thanks for Rachael Maddows for showing the 1979 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill and the Similarity's all to familiar

My guess even then they knew they found the Mother Lode in that location in the Gulf of Mexico so In 1979 there was a false flag of Oil Shortage ! all through the 70s as the Greed Strikes again! and ignoring the Consequences 31 years later this time BP is tapped into a Oil Volcano!
and their Pipe or Haliburton's Poor cemented Floor Job

Now it seems the one's that are involved are blaming each other !

BP, Halliburton, Transocean Blame Each Other in Gulf Oil Spill

www.businessweek.com...

Well everyone can get their Free Crude Oil just go by the shore line to get it ! don't forget to bring a lot of HAY ! to get it ! Then sell it to 3rd world
Country on EBAY !

ok a Quote form a Synthetic Organic Cell Brain Computer!!

Proteus IV

( Demon Seed ) made in 1977 !!
2 years later the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Happen ! that shows on this thread!

Boy i love this Quote ! as i put this many times ! on the Gulf of Mexico/ BP
Threads ! just put OIL in stead Of Metal !

Proteus asks Alex to explain the request it has received for a program to mine the ocean floor. Alex informs the computer that it was developed to answer questions, not to ask them or to make value judgments. "Leave those to us"

Proteus IV: It means, I refuse this program for the mining of the Earth's oceans. The destruction of 1000 billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal ( Oil ) is insane.
Alex Harris: We need these things, Proteus. Now I know the environmental problems.
Proteus IV: Your employer's ( BP halibuton etc.. )interests are in the cobalt ( OIL ) market, doctor and the high finance of manganese(Gasoline , Plastic etc.. ) futures. I am interested in the uncertain futures of seashores deserts and children.
Alex Harris: I refuse to accept your pessimism.
Proteus IV: You refuse to accept the truth. And I refuse to assist you in the rape of the Earth.

Read more at www.Explore-Science-Fiction-Movies.com: www.explore-science-fiction-movies.com...

about the synthetic cell! source from one of ATS threads ! of the Arty Cell

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As much as I despise Rachel Maddow, for being a lying two-faced scumbag sellout, this particular piece is worth watching. I'm surprised nobody else made this connection before. In fact I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she basically stole all this information from someone else and claimed it as her own investigation.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
From my marine salvage dive partner and submarine owner.

Subject: oil rig

My name is William Neunzig. I have a degree in marine engineering,a 100 ton Captain license, run vessels all my life, worked with ROV company
putting oil rig out to sea, I go to Cyprus in the Med. often as a rigger on ships.
I have talked to many people, no one can understand why B.P. is treating all the commercial fishermen that can't commercial fish
anymore like children, these people are commercial fisherman, they have vessels, they know the water, they want to save the environment, and they want to work, but B.P. makes them sit and do nothing like they are children.
There are other governments that want to help that has equipment but B.P. will not except their help.

My opinion and many others (commercial ) have figured out what is happening.
B.P. is dragging this out until they know for sure Florida will not put oil rigs off their coast.

B.P. WAS GENIUS ON HOW TO MAKE MONEY

B.P. new that Florida was going to allow oil drilling off their coast, that could cost them 100's of Billions of dollars in the next 10 years,
with competition. They have a disaster just at the right time, then they refuse the help offered to clean up the oil, then they try one procedure at a time( I would ,have many procedures being developed at the same time), they never try what we used to do successfully in the 60's and 70's.
Now when B.P. stops the oil leak everyone will be so relieved that they are happy.
What B.P. just accomplished was stopping oil drilling off the coast of Florida, they just stopped their competition.
B.P. figured out how to spend 1 billion dollars on clean up to secure no other company's would come in and take oil in the
gulf .
You have to admit them spending 1 billion dollars to secure them making 100 billion dollars makes them the greatest business
men of the century. ( the worst environmentalists)
I am curious to know if the other company's that have the closest oil rigs to Florida offered to split the cost of clean up. This
disaster could be a lot bigger then B.P.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captkit

Why wouldn't BP be in there drilling FL too? There's over 4,000 wells already in the Gulf, and it's sorta like open dibbs on whoever can get out there to drill. The motive needs better explanation is all.

Consider the costs... and that millions of people won't be shopping at BP for a long time.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is simply amazing.
How could something like this happen AGAIN!? but be about 100X worse?? Blows my mind ;(

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
There was no "spill" in Alaska, there was high pressure and the safety valves caused a couple thousand barrels of oil to leak into the containment area for situations like what happened.

The containment area could have held 55,000 barrels of oil so there was no danger of a spill whatsoever. Just over dramatic reporting on that issue.

The other footage is good tho and shows how dumb and greedy we still are all these years later.

BP actually had a major spill in alaska a few years back due to corrosion. flooded a valley....lucky it was winter so the lake in the valley was frozen + easy cleanup. 100 thousand bbl + IIRC

look it up

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captkit
From my marine salvage dive partner and submarine owner.

My name is William Neunzig. I have a degree in marine engineering,a 100 ton Captain license, run vessels all my life, worked with ROV company
putting oil rig out to sea, I go to Cyprus in the Med. often as a rigger on ships.

get out there and get the public some REAL pictures to what is happening.
be safe though.....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

BP gulf oil spill happened in the 70s, so did swine flu. What other things from history, or the 70s, are we doomed to repeat?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by belidged

Wave of '___' usage? detach ourselves from this forked up reality we call home? might be fun LOL

*i do not condone the use of illegal drugs*

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
pbs

[edit on 1010:5 27/05 by Charly111]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
As much as I despise Rachel Maddow, for being a lying two-faced scumbag sellout, this particular piece is worth watching. I'm surprised nobody else made this connection before. In fact I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she basically stole all this information from someone else and claimed it as her own investigation.

I do a lot of fact checking, and I have NEVER caught her in a lie. Fox news on the other hand, can't get through a show without spouting half a dozen or more lies. Just cause you don't like the truth doesn't mean it isn't the truth. I don't agree with her on everything, but she is honest.
In fact, if she's wrong about something she says so. And when the NYT misquoted Rand Paul from her show she pointed it out. Even he said she was fair, he just didn't have the stones to give a straight answer. She's always very polite, even if she's visibly agitated. Can't say that for Beck, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, or any of the other goons at Fox.

Or is it just cause she's gay?

Grow up

[edit on 27-5-2010 by staver]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is not just a large leak this is the fracture of a layer of rock that covers the oil pocket.....
The fracture runs for twenty miles or so i have been informed...
with oil and gas jetting out of the sea bottom all along that line....
This is a full blown never be able to fix kiddies.....!
I think it would be wise to begin computer modelling the vast amounts of crude oil that will blot the atlantic ocean into the weather,fresh water,and climnate situations ....
Long range forcasting may be difficult but i think its darn well time they began to plan for the worst case scenario of two million gallons of crude and untold amounts of gas and other by products spewing into the guts of the ocean for perhaps decades......!
We are talking major major damage to earth systems that are vital to our survival here....
It is time to hold all goverments and corporations up to a nerw standard of
the way we do business.
Time to start planning for the good of humanity not corporate greed or govt power......
We must soon make this not a request but a demand and an ultimatum.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
holy....wow...whoa..

that just reeks of conspiracy..

I can't believe I just heard that...

These aren't stupid people....are they #ing with us? They are probably just doing this so we don't complain they aren't doing anything..because they know these methods won't work.

THEY KNOW these methods don't work. IT WONT WORK

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The important difference between the current oil spill and the 1979 oil spill is that they were able to light the source to burn most of it off.... So really, it only pales in comparison to the current one. What is baffling is that we haven't learned anything apparently...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Amazing Stuff. I do remember that Ixtoc spill.

Compare the list below you will be just as stunned. 1979 is about the same as in 2010. I did not think about this until I seen this video.

I hated 1979.
Here are some highlights’ for those that missed 1979,

(1979)
Gulf Oil Spill –Ixtoc
Alaska Oil Spill. – Exxon
The super tanker AMOCO CADIZ ran aground in the English Channel.
Iran Hostage Crises 1979
Cold War peaks between U.S and Russia.
Soviet Forces Invade Afghanistan.
Iran Iraq war is looimg in 1979. CIA was making deals here.
China begins Economic Reform. This was big deal in 1979. little did we know how this would turn out for in the united stated in 2010.
America just getting over the Vietnam War
Gold and Silver Rally. This was called the super spike. Gold up 200 % Silver up 156% from 1976
Inflation at 11.3 %. I do remember that very well. The Fed decided to squeeze inflation out of the system through a monetary contraction. What actually happened was a terrible, three-year slump, which eased only when the Fed relented.
Unemployment 5.9 percent. But did not recover until 1988.
The GDP in 1979 was 2.5
Edward Kennedy announced his proposal for a national health care plan at the Capitol on May 15, 1979
Jimmy Carter was president. Until 1981. America had to wait 2 more years until he was un-elected.
Oh, and Disco Sucked.

(2010)
BP- Mexico Gulf Oil Spill . Same just as in 1979
Iran nuke crises now.
This time it’s South and North Korea in the war game. not Iran and Iraq as in 1979
America trying get out of Iraq war.
Obama steps up the Afghanistan war.
We owe China more money than anyone. it’s still a big deal in 2010
Gold and Silver rally more than ever.. Another super spike now in 2010.
Unemployment at 10 % Time until recovery, unknown.
The Fed-Reserve still is messing things up more than ever before. Audit Time is coming soon.
The GDP I heard the other day was 3.0 percent.
Obama get his national health care.
Obama is President. This is almost a if not a mirror presidency of the carter years. Now once again America has to wait to 2 more years until he is un-elected.

It’s 1979 all over again. All the same players just like in 1979. 2010 is not over yet.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SJE98]

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SJE98]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Is there anybody left who doesn't believe this is all a pre-planned pre-engineered setup/conspiracy? It's more obvious than ever that they're not only doing this, but they're playing games with us. This is all, without question, one big joke to TPTB.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by Mr Knowledge]

1: Develop new energy tech.
2: Deplete usable oil reserve to capitalise on existing stocks.
3: Charge through the roof for trickles of new energy tech.
4: ???
5: PROFIT!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Speak for yourself mate, if i had my way money would be outlawed, and so would the use of fossil fuels.

I'll fight you for that potato... Or swap you my can of earthworms for it?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Great find, thanks for posting.

Too bad the gay Maddow had to make a racist, sexist bigoted introduction to the film clip against a white male news announcer. You would think that with her national exposure, she would get some therapy for her compulsive hate speech.

I hope she doesn't own a gun. It's unbalanced Leftists like her who are responsible for a 100 million murders in the last century. Her casual denial about her obvious sadistic tendencies is frightening - I wonder how long she's allowed herself to injure small defenseless animals, or if she still beats her lover?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Booker’s

For all of you mouth breathing Neanderthal types, Rachel Maddow is intelligent, articulate and thorough. I realize your idea of women is based on fancy pageant walking and shootin' skills but this lady is the real deal.

BTW for the mental midgets:

grav·i·tas –noun
seriousness or sobriety, as of conduct or speech.

IMO, it was not a slur. It was a "Ted Baxter" type analogy.

Had Blowhard Beck or Loudmouth Limbaugh brought this story to air you neocons would be all over it and the thread would have a bazillion stars and flags. Is duh a word?

On topic:

The coincidences are uncanny and serves to illustrate we have not advanced very much in the way of safety or ecological clean up technology in the past 30 years. Another poster said it best, BP built a really fast car without thinking about brakes.

Big hat tip to OP. S&F!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Timewave Zero APRIL- MAY 2010 has a graph identical to 1979-the 1980s decade...
Its a mini cycle ending with 2008-2012 near October- November 2010...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Zagari]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join