It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How we will know if the top kill is working?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
And now here is a shot of possibly the full main spill:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5142d1027497.jpg[/atsimg]

I cant make out when this was shot. It's too blurry, but I got it from CNN.

Oh sweet mother... we are in trouble. Oh...... my.... god........

btw topic changed after i posted some of my posts
so if I sound stupid it might be that or maybe not! lol Oh dear I need a cig

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have an Idea . Do not stop the leak, Just build a gas station there . Make money and produce oil for boats that travel around the area.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Here's what it looks like. I just captured this now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Heres what I just capture from CNN just now. For those who haven't seen it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Does anyone have an idea of exactly what we're looking at?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
OMG! Watching live on the CNN feed. This is the first time we're shown the real leak. It's massive. Don't see how they can cap that?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

link   
www.bp.com...

Its finally up on BPs site!

link   
Looks to me that there is more methane gas than crude oil coming out. Any estimates on the psi down there?

link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
As another poster posted earlier BP supported the Obama campaign substantially. So what will happen?

Let's get this out of the way.

Debunking the myth of Obama's "BP cash"

Like clockwork, media outlets seized on Palin's accusation and cited Center for Responsive Politics' calculation that Obama had received $71,051 in BP-linked contributions for his presidential campaign. Only problem is, contrary to Palin's and the media's suggestions, all of that money came from BP employees, not BP the company. A spokesman for the Center for Responsive Politics confirmed Monday that "the $71,051 that Obama received during the 2008 election cycle was entirely from BP employees." The CRP spokesman also stated that "Obama did not accept contributions from political action committees, so none of this money is from BP's PAC. And corporations themselves are prohibited from donating directly to candidates from their corporate treasuries."

Why is this an important distinction? Because Obama raised far more money than any other candidate ever has, therefore, it is completely unsurprising that Obama also received the most amount of money from BP employees. Moreover, BP-linked contributions to Obama's campaign are a drop in the bucket when compared to Obama's total campaign haul. In addition to the $71,051 Obama received from BP-linked contributors in 2008, Obama's 2004 Senate campaign raised $6,000 from BP-linked sources, bringing Obama's total BP-related campaign contributions to 77,051. This represents less than .01 percent of the nearly $800 million that Obama raised for his campaigns.

Even IF the money was funneled through employees by BP (which is illegal, and if someone has evidence of that BP should be held accountable), I don't think .01% of your total funds would merit special treatment. Especially on the level of this catastrophe.

Aren't the REPUBLICANS the ones holding up the raising of the liability cap? Yes, they are. Yet we ignore this and try to smear Obama.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
IMHO...the Sea Floor is collapsing around the site and new fissures are opening...

This will not end up well...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Looks to me that there is more methane gas than crude oil coming out. Any estimates on the psi down there?

I recall hearing something about 6800psi ... I'm not sure though, it may have been an estimate from someone who doesn't quite know what's going on.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

I had heard and posted somewhere in the last couple of weeks that it was around 75,000PSI. That would almost be impossible to push this mud and concrete against...

I can't find where I posted it or the source atm, so take that for what it's worth...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
so how does the kill top look ? Has the oil slowed down yet ?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

they sed its a 2 day operation so not sure when we will see the effects. Hopefully it isnt to far gone. as someone said fissures in the sea bed are going to start to appear and they cant be easily cemented over.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
just on th news in holland
cant believe it
4 guys digging a hole or some chit
4 people working 4 bp cleanin up a 100 meter area
this is so bad
they werent even working just like cracing jokes
usa u r all #ed
please americans
ACT NOW this is going 2 go on unless U stop it

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Still no real info (from BP, USA government, or for that matte the UN) on the scale of the submerged pollutants spilled, shape, locations or anything, just sporadic satellite imagery releases on surface debris, from what I can see, so even if they do stop the main gusher, there's a massive side to the story that just isn't being detailed adequately IMO.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
bp is sprayin chemicals making it WORSE and the oil stays on the bottom so we all dont notice....UNTILL ITS @ LATE
the leak is probly 10 times worse than u can imagine
3 state declared emrgency already
just wait 4 the rest
us is lying 2 u
its APOCALYPS
unless U stop it

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
www.wowebook.info...

Here is Dylan Ratigan breaking this story! I talked about it earlier. Blew me away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join