It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
On the CNN live feed there is a segment called " Sen. Boxer on oil spill" . It has not started yet , but it has a TV set up in the center that is showing some kind of a giant leak that is vertical . Is that the main leak ?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Thill]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
they are showing another leak, maybe the main leak we are looking for right now on the live feeds from cnn. Its the breifing by sen boxer happening right now!!!!!! check out the thread or just

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To all three of the last posts....That may well be the actual main leak. That is still not what BP is showing the public on their feed.
Which they have just cut off as I'm looking at it....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

You are definently right imo. I happened to stumble upon this because I am watching all the CNN live feeds. The video of the leak is on a tv behind Senator boxer that they are showing right now. The video of the "bp" live feed is different. Just thought I would bring this to someone elses attention.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by MrDaveLee]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yep I noticed that they cut of the live feed just seconds after the other live feed of Sen. Barbara Boxer went up with the other leak on the screen.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
BP just now updated their "live" feed.
So I'm guessing it wasn't all that live before. Where did all this equipment just come from? It wasn't there a few minutes ago....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

These people are extremely idiotic. Dont they realize how much of the world and america is watching this?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here we go.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Have you seen THIS live feed? It looks like a verticle pipe/well head and a whole lot more is coming out of it.

Watch it for awhile...it changes views. It has that ticker about life feed coming soon...but the headline for the video says it is live feed. I don't know, I haven't been following the cameras this whole time to make any kind of guess about it.

It does indeed say "Live View."
I watched it for a while though, and I can see that date as 16-05-10. It's blurry but i can see it.
Another says 05-08-10.
It's hard to say though whether this is from that pipe or the "main" leak. A different angle from the pipe view we keep being shown would look exactly like it is going straight up, and you'd never see the "pipe" there.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
All that oil spue has pissed off alot of the multi millionairs in florida, now that the gulf stream is sending it to florida. Seems BP has some major problems. Scientists say that alot of pressure is behind that large pipe, i wonder if they can contain it. Some critics give it a 60% chance of it being capped.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Some action on the live spill cam now.
Not sure what their doing, looking at some big machine.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Currently the live feed is showing the odd top kill device. Im trying to figure out how its going to work other than dump cement all over.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've been watching live feed all day. You raise interesting points. It didn't look right and it hasn't smelled right from the beginning.

Also, my question is if this is a mile down in the ocean, how come it's so bright on this particular feed? I could imagine a light here or there, but it wouldn't be this bright.

Something's amiss I fear.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
IF somebody could please track down the recording of the just finished conference of senator Boxer on CNN , at the very end of the conference it is said that what they were showing on their TV (A BIG leak directly from the ground , vertical) was the main well where the main pipe was going in.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
yes it was the real thing, i saw it and started a thread while it was going on. some of the posts people took screen shots. So this thread got proven wronge in less then an hour... Go ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What you're seeing now is the BOP! (Blow-out preventer)

www.jamstec.go.jp...

The thing that is the main leak!

The thing that's been down there the entire time they've never shown us before.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by muggl3z]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
IF somebody could please track down the recording of the just finished conference of senator Boxer on CNN , at the very end of the conference it is said that what they were showing on their TV (A BIG leak directly from the ground , vertical) was the main well where the main pipe was going in.

Looks like this person got a screen capture in this post in a different thread.

I don't know, it kind of looks the same as the horizontal pipe.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Yes please! I can't find it!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRho900
reply to post by Thill

Yes please! I can't find it!

Is this what you're looking for?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gutterpus
I've been watching live feed all day. You raise interesting points. It didn't look right and it hasn't smelled right from the beginning.

Also, my question is if this is a mile down in the ocean, how come it's so bright on this particular feed? I could imagine a light here or there, but it wouldn't be this bright.

Something's amiss I fear.

Peace

Right, Something is amiss??? Come on!!! They are filming it in the same studio they did the moon landing except they filled it with water!! /sarc

I have been working on rigs on and offshore for most of my adult life.
The guy that "googled" those blowouts are nothing. Google some more... those BOP's above, those are baby BOP's. Go see some REAL rigs.

What you are looking at is a "major modified" top kill BOP (Blowout Preventer).
The light is from the submersible. Yes, it would be that bright!! jeez you guys never fail to amaze me.

I give up. Exasperating to say the least.
Tom

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join