It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM and BP propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's 1020 EST and I've been watching the BP website, which has been pretty darn cool over the last hour or so with the ROV's working on the spill site. I've also been watching CNN. Guess what? The video's do not match even on the live broadcasts like Larry King and AC360. Like I said the website has had some very cool robotic stuff going on the past hour, often taking the view from the gusher for minutes at a time or so while CNN is only showing a spewing picture. CNN has had two live hours of programming so they should be pretty close in what's going on.

There are at least a couple of cameras down there mounted on different ROVs. The website has recently switched to one without a date time stamp on it.

Is CNN looping only footage of the worst footage and passing it off as live?

I've noticed that during the news hours, that the robots get real busy, is BP trying to look like they are doing something during peak news times?

I know there are a ton of "Spill OMG" threads but I'd like this one to focus on media, propaganda, and PR issues.

Are these just two different angles or is something else going on?
BP

CNN view of oil leak

[edit on 25-5-2010 by jefwane]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I would trust BP over CNN, I don't even know how CNN stays on the air...I have almost as many friends on Facebook as they have viewers.

new topics

join