It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning Inside of a WaterSpout..Unbelievable Picture

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here are a couple more of my lightning shots, and we are near a thunderstorm here right now, with thunder about every 4 to 6 seconds. The links go to my portfolio at D P Challenge, where I have learned quite a lot about photography.
Ground strike
This one was done from a shed, Details are with the photo in the DPC site.
It was shot at 2 sec shutter speed. This one would be a good one to photoshop into a shot similar to the original shot if someone wants to give it a try. The original shot was pretty much straight from the camera, and cleaned up a little with iPhoto basic edit. The last ones that I posted were right from the camera.
Gulf storm at night
From a moving sail boat under motor power. I shot this while standing watch late at night because I was bored and didn't want to fall asleep. This is a 6 sec hand held exposure. I would expose until I got a bolt, then put my hand over the lens for the rest of the exposure, so that it wouldn't double expose if another bolt hit.
10 minutes before the original image in question here
Re, about the altered image, where you were checking the width of the image of the bolt. The whole purpose of this thread is to develop and discuss the image, so I have no problem if you want to dissect the shot/s in any way you want.
I am enjoying the discussion, and enjoying researching the image.
Images © W Thompson

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MelonMusketeer

More great pictures! Thanks, I like the middle picture in the Gulf.

The last picture shows an interesting cloud formation that curves off to the left at higher altitudes, it almost has an appearance somewhat like a funnel cloud?? But other than the tall skinny appearance, I don't see any evidence that it's spinning. Still, it's an interesting picture!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MelonMusketeer

Thanks MelonMusketeer, now you need to start a thread, where appropiate, on your Melon Cannon!

Anyway, I am still sticking with the Plasma Wave Theory or whatever you would call that. I'm not a photo expert but I trust my gut, it just doesn't look like a blur from movement, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is a waste of time to me. I came on this thread to see this unbelievable picture and I went through the fist post and nothing, no link no pic no nothing. I even followed up with the next 3 pages. Why waste our time talking about this picture when I don't see anything.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheChemist187
This is a waste of time to me. I came on this thread to see this unbelievable picture and I went through the fist post and nothing, no link no pic no nothing. I even followed up with the next 3 pages. Why waste our time talking about this picture when I don't see anything.

That is a SERIOUSLY funny post, TheChemist - thanks for making me smile.

I quickly checked the 'fist' post, and there are the images, just like they have been ever since it was posted (after all, those copies are hosted here at ATS..).

But the particularly funny part is TheChemist's signature.. TC, I trust you are aware that your sig image is showing "image moved or deleted". And are *you* Arturo, or did you just pilfer his image, and not notice when he pulled it?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Few points: We cant tell if it's inland or not cause there's land blocking the view. If the shutter speed would cause the blur then the dark areas would be the ones blurred and the lightning actually would be crips due to the speed of the event. Also if it were blur you'd expect it still to retain the same shape which it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow nice impression of what it would look like perhaps. Now I want to see what it really would look like.
You hear that Haarp operators.

And just so I don`t step on any toes posting the picture it`s at this link. It`s a waterspout and lightning near it but not in it.

www.strangecosmos.com...

Nice picture MelonMusketeer and thanks OP for the showing of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join