It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

I did but maybe I just don't get what you are seeing. Help me

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Here is 3 plots from around the globe, how do they all show the same to you? Waves look different to me and they don't show the same start times for the event like you are saying.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It would be pretty cool if it was! I guess it would be history making. I guess we'll find out. I just hope we get a scientist involved before the data leaves. There's no history file that I can find.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Didn't someone post about the possibility of an X-class solar flare hitting Earth today? Would this be capable of causing this?

That's what I was thinking - I wonder if it's a possibility?
Will check it out and keep reading - thanks -
peace

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I can't get USGS links to load.. anyone else having this problem?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The waves all look different, but yeah, pretty much at 1630GMT on those screens.

Edit: from 1625-1635GMT, very close!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by nobody you know]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Wow I'm glad I caught this one, very interesting if the source is accurate.
Something to shake the entire planet, wonder if it has anything to do with crossing the galactic plane soon. I hate to even throw that out there because every naysayer and their uncle will turn this into a 2012 bashing session, but there are some interesting astronomical events headed our way soon regardless. Some theories contend passing through this plane is a gravatational event as well, maybe we're seeing the first rumblings of our passage. Starred and flagged, thanks for posting it!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

EVERY SINGLE SEISMOGRAPH in the world

Not hardly. There are a lot more seismometers than that in the world.

The red dots on this map indicate seismograph stations which are transmitting their data live, via the Internet, to the Albuquerque Seismological Laboratory.

I'm pretty sure we're seeing the effects of the Brazilian quake.
P-Waves travel very fast. For example, 14 minutes from China to New York.
neic.usgs.gov...

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by unityemissions

Didn't someone post about the possibility of an X-class solar flare hitting Earth today? Would this be capable of causing this?

That's what I was thinking - I wonder if it's a possibility?
Will check it out and keep reading - thanks -
peace

www.spaceweather.com...

According to spaceweather.com its not space that is causing us an issue currently.

link   
Try loading on a different browser. It works well on my Firefox. I had to push SHIFT/F5 a couple times to reload, but yeah it works.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
The waves all look different, but yeah, pretty much at 1630GMT on those screens.

I'll confirm this, I looked at every dot on the map. They either show this anomaly, or they have a graph that's completely all over the place and not reliable.

They all start from a little bit before 16:30 varying to about 16:50 and the reading continues for about an hour

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The way my eyes see that webpage, there have only been 9 earthquakes in the last 24 hours.
The red dots are seismic stations that are online, not earthquakes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It took you long enough to show up! I was about to join the masses and start making a tin foil hat.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I understand. It is not an earthquake, it is some strange anomaly. If you click on pretty much ANY red dot, you'll see what we're talking about. Its pretty weird! Hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Did you even bother to click on Phage's link? I think it did a sufficient job of explaining this better than anyone else so far..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

click on any red dot and look at the time chart / graph, then try another red dot and look at the time chart

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Oh gosh, I didn't even see Phage's link on here. Let me go look for it

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The Panic Sex is set in now..

This too shall pass..

+36 more 
posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
Oh gosh, I didn't even see Phage's link on here. Let me go look for it

Originally posted by broahes

Did you even bother to click on Phage's link? I think it did a sufficient job of explaining this better than anyone else so far..

You are kidding right.... Page 1 I give the same answer of the Brazil quake. Page 2 I explained how it would happen. Page 3 I give a paragraph explaining how fast seismic waves travel. I think the farting guy got more stars then me.

Man..... I need a better avatar.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

P Waves, simultaneously, globally for an hour from a 6 pointer in Brazil? No, I didn't look at Phage's link. Panic sex is so eighties.

+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I looked at Phage's page and while it does shed light on the subject, I have a question. How can the seismographs from thousands of miles away show a stronger wave than Brazil? Also, thanks for helping me with the time frame. I was told it took hours, not minutes for this to occur.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join