It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Let me rule out the sun for everyone. The sun can't cause a disturbance like this around the globe because the sun only affects that half of the earth facing it.

How could the proposed hyder flare/ the suns radiation affect the whole earth at once?

link   
The Florida seismograph is the worst one I came across. So strange! It had to be cosmic in nature, as nothing in this world could travel so fast. I believe some kind of cosmic ray flipped out the machines. The scary question is, if these rays could do this to a machine, what just happened to US today?

link   
Luckily it wasn't so big that it could be felt...I have to wonder though.., the larger an area an earthquake occurs, the less locally transmitted rumbling force is felt just maybe? So if the whole world had an 8.0 quake...it may feel like a 4 or 5.0 at the local level wherever you may be?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
There was a 6.2 quake in Brazil at 1630. Maybe thats what they picked up on?

bingo, i think we have a winner.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
The problem with the 6.5 Brazil earthquake is twofold. First off, if you go to the Brazil seismograph, you can see where it took place SEPARATELY of this occurrence. Secondly, it take many hours for an earthquake's energy to travel to the other seismographs around it.

I could be wrong but..

Seismic waves are waves of sound that travel through the core of the earth or other elastic bodies, for example as a result of an earthquake, explosion, or some other process that imparts light. Seismic waves are studied by seismologists, and measured by a seismograph, which records the output of a [[mmeter], or geophone. For seismic studies of oil reservoirs, hydrophones may give additional information.

The propagation velocity of the waves depends on density and elasticity of the medium which is penetrated. The velocities range from approximately 3–8 km/s in the Earth's crust up to 13 km/s in the deep mantle.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by whoshotJR]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by whoshotJR]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, the CME certainly couldn't, but neutrinos can pass right through the Earth. I just don't know what other types of rays can do the same thing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, not having a degree in tectonics, I did what I thought was logical. I played connect the dots.

The confusing tangle of lines is the 'direction' the quakes seemed to take, with a map of the plates overlaid on it.

It looks to me like the earth either 'burped', or it expanded ever so slightly... Just from the way the quakes were laid out superimposed against the way the plates are moving naturally.

Here's a headache inducer of a map. Sorry about the mess....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ah crap!! The LHC DID create a black hole at the center of the earth! That is why there have been sinkholes and earthquakes ahhh! Well, I hope not :crossing fingers:

What a scary way to die...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
If I start my post with Phage says or omg doom will it get noticed more?

I guess I should have gone with I farted?

Classic.

On a serious note though, I would have to go with the more likely scenario of website malfunction/mistake...or someones idea of a practical joke.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Take a look at the RED dots as well. They are showing the exact same thing at the exact same time, worldwide! The only scientific explanation is either something at the center of the earth shaking - of which we all would have felt - or a cosmic ray disturbance which NONE of us would have felt, but still would have caused the machines to flip out. I just hope it didn't screw up our bodies. Whatever it was already happened to us, so we'll just have to wait and find out.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Does anyone use Earthquake3d? I cannot seem to get it to connect tonight.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8daacbbeec7e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlightOfTheNavigator

Might want to take some Kaopectate for that. Any-who. Here's my opinion. Could it possibly have anything to do with CERN? I don't know. I'm just throwing that out there.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
First off, this isn't a world event as I have seen a few post here.. it is only in the US.

Now, with that said.. I'm off to find a little more info about this event and jump the gun and speculate. I just wanted to throw that tid bit in there..

Edit to say.. scratch that first line.. I am seeing it in other parts of the world...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by broahes]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I don't use it, but GEE isn't loading well for me either.

Second line for the puzzled..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Take a look at the RED dots as well. They are showing the exact same thing at the exact same time, worldwide! The only scientific explanation is either something at the center of the earth shaking - of which we all would have felt - or a cosmic ray disturbance which NONE of us would have felt, but still would have caused the machines to flip out. I just hope it didn't screw up our bodies. Whatever it was already happened to us, so we'll just have to wait and find out.

All of the red dots are not the same though. Many of the waves are different and they start at different times within about 40 minutes.

Although I think its interesting and I still think most are just picking up on the Brazil quake, I think we don't need to go to full doom mode.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Could this be some type of event linked to gamma radiation emitted from a star that went super-nova? If so, which star? And is there an after-effects?

Can't wait for the official explanation if there ever is one. S&F.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but it is at EVERY SINGLE SEISMOGRAPH in the world! You didn't look at my other source. I'll post it again...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but it is at EVERY SINGLE SEISMOGRAPH in the world! You didn't look at my other source. I'll post it again...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

That page will not load for me.. and I had to look at a few other sources.

I would think that it has to be something VERY deep for it to touch off every seismic device in the world though. Notice my edit.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Can an earthquake send its waves through the entire Earth in a mere 40 minutes? When I checked with the earthquake calculator, it said several HOURS from Brazil to Florida... AND you can see from the Brazil seismograph that the Earthquake took place further down the page! Here it is:

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Gravity wave striking earth would be the only thing able to bounce all the seismographs at the same time.

And one has never been recorded.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join