It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should America do away with borders altogether?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Im not a fan of America at all for the last 10 years.

I think you have corrupted sooo many things, your politicians are greedy and vile and will kill their own citizens for one more piece of the pie.

The US has single handly killed more innocent people world wide than Muslims and it has interfered with everything. ITs lies to its own people more than China does to its citizens and its government has absolutely no Human Rights acknowledgment and again is worse than china and Zimbabwe. It tortures people left right and center and thinks its above the law.

However, America has a good point in denying immigration if it so feels like it. Its American soil so they should be able to impose any immigration policy it sees fit regardless of opinion from others.

If you look at the types of people flocking into the country they are hardly the most desired citizens and bring nothing but bad attitudes, crime and masses of family that suck the life out of America. I am fully behind them imposing severe penatlies and restrictions to all who illegally cross the borders as they put a huge burden on the citizens of America in financial and employment capacities as well as introducing a unwelcomed culture into the American society. If Americans wanted to have Mexican and Cuban and god knows what other cultures forced upon im sure they would asked.

All these people who say its great to have these other cultures are idiots as the reason they are flocking over is cos their culture has NOT worked and is quite frankly primitive and animalistic. Here is a fact: Every time rape goes up in the communities near the mexican borders it coincides with an influx of Mexican immigrants.

Its no coincidence. Im sorry but America has ever right and is stupid not to stop with all force the influx of immigrants. I hold both dual American and British citizenship and both of my countries are flooded with Immigrants we DO NOT want!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Nations create modules.

Subdividing governance.

If you have a single entity it all goes up or down with that single entity.
With multiple entities some go up, some go down, & if any are paying attention they may [or may not] be able to learn by observing the experiences of others.

Imagine if there was only a single bank on the entire globe,
and that bank launched itself into subprime securities,
and it collapsed.

It would be a vastly worse calamity than has happened recently.

If you have multiple cells in your body, then if a single cell dies you don't die.
If you were a single cell, when that cell dies, you die.

It is distribution of load, from the engineering standpoint.

so no i don't want to remove the border,
for a lot of reasons.

Mexico's current government & economy are worse than the US's current ones, although the US is going further & further downhill as expatriot corporations continue to loot this country & undermine any remaining industrial base it ever had.

Reagan put such a homey face on the heart of corporate treachery.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I pose a question to you. If I cut my hand, what color is my blood? If you cut your hand, what color is yours? Our DNA is remarkably similar. We're members of the same species. Human. I believe that the world as a whole should do away with borders. We are the same species, on the same planet, striving for the same goal. Survival.

Our future as a species lay in the stars. I believe the only way we can achieve that is to unite as a species, under the same nation, same laws, same language, and same currency. Only then will we be powerful enough and enlightened enough to go into the black and make our claim.

Now some will say I am living in a fantasy world and that what I said above will never happen. It has to but sadly, we as a species, are not ready for that. Myself included.

I support Arizona's recent push against the illegal immigration issue. The illegals are coming into our country unchecked, taking our jobs, and driving wages into the ground. They don't speak English and don't obey our laws.

I don't believe the steps Arizona are taking are racist in any way, shape, or form. They are merely enforcing the Federal laws against immigration.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Ask a Native America what THEY think of immigration once. No we shouldn't throw down our boarders, I rather enjoy not having every thug and gang banger in the world pouring into my country, we have enough of them now as it is. For those whom are just trying to find honest work or whatever, they can take the nessicary and legal steps to become a citizen.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Many of them seem to be arguing it is racist or xenophobic to enforce our borders, and to send illegal immigrants back home to their own countries.
[...]
I usually just hear name calling and personal attacks from those who support illegal immigration. Lots of accusations of bigotry, racism, xenophobia, small mindedness, nazi-ism, you get the drift.

It is opposite, I can show you several posts of people who openly write down bigoted racist posts against illegal immigration and you can compare it with with your list. You are lying and are a liar. I have not replied or written in any of these threads but have seen in almost every thread related to immigration people posting racist stuff mainly and majority from those who oppose illegal immigration.

You couldn't even name few people as you stated in your opening statement who support illegal immigration posting racist post. I dont want to take part in this discussion as well just wanted to point out your lie.

reply to post by endisnighe

The overrated constitution is no better than a toilet paper. I would just support removing the border altogether because you are so angry about it with your high blood pressure...it actually is funny.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Why? to form the AU? Which they have been planning all along...This post is I hate to say this word but WACK! mmk...It's either this thread is some double meaning disinfo or your just out of touch with truth...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It is NOT racist or xenophobic to want secure borders, it just doesn't solve the problem. It shifts the burden on to our rights. We are being asked to change our freedoms in order to accommodate a law that violates the constitution in at least two ways.

And yet the same people that cry about constitutional rights are turning a blind eye to this law's violations. Things have gotten so bad for these constututionistas that they are willing to sacrifice their principles to keep out illegal immigrants.

I got a news flash for you, as long as businesses still benefit from the cheap labor, the borders will NEVER be 100% secure.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by SentientBeyondDesign

The idea of expanding the US to include mexico has been thrown around before I remember seeing somewhere (sorry can't remember the source) that the US would like to move the southern border down to Gutemala. This has a practical side because it would be a much smaller border to patrol.

How about making the border the Panama Canal? It would be like a giant moat. Yeah, thats the ticket.

Actually if you look up "north america" in wikipedia you'll see a map that goes right down to and includes Panama. North America seems to have swallowed Central America.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by RRokkyy

When there are almost as many Mexicans in the US as Mexico than a border with Mexico makes little sense. Right now there may be 60 million Mexicans/Americans in the USA with 105 million in Mexico.

In your opinion, could this be the reason the US administration

has been so lax about its border with Mexico -- has been reluctant to impede the flow of Mexicans into the US -- and has sweetened the pot for them via medical, education, housing, etc ?

Its not the administration-Its the NWO globalists who want to destroy
the middle class. They have been doing this for 40+ years.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hmm what would happen if, today, we opened the borders:

1.) Diversity would enlighten and strengthen the American dream.
2.) Economies would prospers with the influx of experienced persons of diferent cultures.
3.) Crime rates would lower. Just because.

Reality: Every Mexican citizen floods into the US.
1.) Majority Mexican and majority American cultures clash like a pair of cymbals. Riots. Murders. Civil war.
2.) Drug cartels would open up shop like Starbucks. A crack house on every corner in the US.
3.) Educational facilities and hospitals collapse under overwhelmed conditions.
4.) US citizens move to now deserted Mexico and claim beachfront property, which they develop and re-sell to other American citizens at huge profits.
5.) Mexicans see the economic prosperity in the country they took for granted, and the country they now reside in (USA) is in shambles. They realize that they are getting shafted and hurry back to Mexico to regain their land, but a 20' tall electric fence has already been built by it's new inhabitants.
6.) Mexicans cry Aztlan, want their country back, and also want the US. Also, white devil. Why not.

Who really knows.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I pose a question to you. If I cut my hand, what color is my blood? If you cut your hand, what color is yours? Our DNA is remarkably similar. We're members of the same species.

I agree, we are all one species.

Competition at the level of "nation" is not about genetics. Not anymore, anyway. At one time it may have been, but as nations around the world become more culturally diverse the nature of the competition has changed.

Nowdays, nations are competing ideologies, not ethnic groups.
Competition at the memetic level, not the genetic level. Which is why I say the issue of illegal immigration is not a racist one. Most people are saying, "they arent following the rules" "they dont respect our way of life" "they dont want to assimilate." This is an indication that even people who dont know what the word "meme" means has a natural understanding that groups of humans are more than just genes. We are also cultures. And some cultural ideas are better in competition than others.

Like the US or not, and we may be on the downward spiral, we have had a very good competitive meme. It has served us well. It may not be currently, but it has served us in the past. While we may need to tinker with it to stay a global competitor, I think most people realize that importing a meme that has performed very poorly is not the answer to improving our own meme.

I dont think people want "hispanics" out of America. I think they want people who obey laws if and when they want to, and who do not do the team player thing well out of the culture. Every other group of immigrants to the US abandoned their language, and loyalty to their nation of origin, and they worked HARD to assimilate. They wanted to be "American." I think what is causing problems now is we are getting an argument that says America must change to reflect the immigrants, and that has not been the agreement in the past.

By definition, illegal immigrants are not playing by the rules. And many of them are not even here because they want to be American. Some are just "sojourners," who come here to make some money, and then go back to Mexico. They dont want to be a part of America, they want to profit from it, and continue to be Mexican. Which is fine, if we choose to allow it, but we are not obligated to be loyal to people who are not loyal to us as a nation.

Immigrants have, and do, and should flavor the country, add to it, enrich it. But the immigrant should still want to be American. They should spice the soup, but not change the soup into something else entirely. And there is nothing wrong with people wanting that. Especially when our soup has been a very successful soup up to this point.

I do think that someday, the worlds people will be one, and someday we will have a humanist ideology, rather than nationalist ones, and we wont be competing with one another any longer but working cooperatively for the common good. But today is not that day. As flawed as our American ideology is, there are far, far worse ones from our point of view.

So personally, I do not think America should discriminate genetically, ethnically, in regard to whom we let join our culture. But we have every right to select against people who reject the culture and its laws, and its norms. If you dont want to become an American, with all that that entails, you should not immigrate to America, legally or otherwise. That goes for any other country as well. If you dont respect the laws, the culture, then you should not immigrate there.

No matter how you slice it, it isnt racism. No "brown" people are being asked to do anything the "white" people who immigrated before them did not do. American English is not the spoken language throughout Europe. Lots of people gave up their language and culture, gratefully, to fit in and be a part of America.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
One third of the houses in Juarez are now empty. Half of those people have come over here to the US. The most violent place on the planet is just a few blocks from me. It is all driven by the monitary disparity. Our wealth here in the US leads to the deaths across the fence. I know you don't feel wealthy, but comparitively you are.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scopeless

And yet the same people that cry about constitutional rights are turning a blind eye to this law's violations. Things have gotten so bad for these constututionistas that they are willing to sacrifice their principles to keep out illegal immigrants.

I keep hearing this stated. That enforcing laws regarding immigration are un- Constitutional? How so?

I think many feel this way because they ASSUME the only method that can be used to choose who to ask for paperwork is visual. I say it isnt. We could ask only those who dont speak English or dont speak it well. Sure, we will miss quite a few illegals who came here as children and who picked up the accent and language, but if you only asked for proof of citizenship from anyone, white or tan, who was clearly not a native speaker, how is that racist?

You already know, just by hearing that person speak, that they are not a native born American, so they are an immigrant, legal or illegal. Its just a matter of asking them which it is, legal or illegal, and seeing the papers to prove it.

That may still seem Draconian to many of you, but what it isnt is racist. You could close your eyes and use that method. And it would fairly fall on white illegals as well.

As for being Constitutional, we dont let naturalized citizens become President, so we have precedent for treating them slightly differently than natural citizens. Asking them to be willing to prove they have immigrated legally could be written into the agreement they sign when they apply to become a citizen, so it isnt some big unhappy surprise later on.

If I immigrated to the UK, and before I became a citizen I was told that if asked I would have to produce proof that I was not illegal, I wouldnt think a thing of it. It just doesnt seem unreasonable to ask someone clearly not a native to show proof they are here legally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join