It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Spiral

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
reply to post by Paradigm2012

The internet and amazing computer programs have made "experts" out of idiots.

They think everything can be explained away as a hoax because it can be reproduced with a computer program.

No true investigator or real expert would ever make such quick assertions.

So much for the ATS "experts'

ATS gives these people their own little world to be "somebody".

I'll wait until bona fide experts and educators give their opinions before I call this a hoax.

You come across as an ignorant twit. What a pathetic post.

How do you know this hasn't been investigated? You don't.

I may have hurt your feelings by not agreeing with you but you need to grow up and accept reality, no matter how boring your reality might be.

BTW Outside someone who actually does this for a living, explain to me who would qualify as a "bona fide expert"?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That sonic boom you hear.. Thats the same one i heard last week in the Netherlands.

No joke..
I was eating breakfast before going to work(around 10in morning)Suddenly i felt and heard a boom, witch shook the windows. I thought it was the DSM(live next to it) Around 12 a friend of mine called me and asked me if i heard that boom. Now note i was in Geleen he was in Echt(35km apart)Then after that phone call i called the friend of my mother who was in Weert(30km apart). Then the news was on and they said the boom was felt in Utrecht(150km apart)
At that time there was no explanation.
I went further on with my job. I rang the doorbell from a customer and while waiting i watched the blue skies. High in the atmosphere(i know that because you have those clouds that are really high),above those clouds, i saw maybe 30white spheres and one red one. In the mean while that customer had opend the door and was watching it next to me.
Later on we heart it was a meteorite(they where not 100%sure), but that sound was around 10 the spheres i saw around 1.

I didn't made a post cause i don't have evidence.
This post allows me to share my experience, it has really happend..
What has it to do with the OP? Kind a got lost on that one..

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks thats real needs to stay off the drugs, or wear better glasses. Thats not even a good example of very very basic CGI...I have actually seen better at a local school.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007

Originally posted by Ashcool007
reply to post by countercounterculture

ok I ll try again you have two videos so if u can assume two different distance
of the incidents happening (Disregard angle as it will make it complicated) Take Camera A ground and Camera B for the plane.
Assuming Camera A Distance = x in m and Camera B Distance = y in m, c the speed of light c = 3 * 10^8 m/s

IF you can understand this here is my solution................

Time taken by the exploding light to Reach Camera A = (x/c) in seconds

Time taken by the exploding light to Reach Camera B = (y/c) in seconds

If you know the exact distances you will see that for the camera B the time taken will be more than the time taken for camera A.....

How's this explanation

great so all we need now are some atomic clocks at camera A, camera B and the origin of the "spiral".....

look, I like your logic, but unfortunately it doesn't make much sense.

Apparently time is relative, and even if we did somehow sync some clocks at both locations (A and B) the kind of delay in witnessing the event would be fractions of a micro second over hundreds of kilometers.

Also in your earlier post you stated there should be a disparity in time once you sync the explosion on both vids... huh?

And even if we did achieve all this, how does that prove that it is real or fake?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh dear oh dear...

A hoaxer with no form of pride?

Hoax?? More Joax.....

That really has got to be one of the cheapest attempts at a hoax for a long time, it's simply awful and any 3D guys on here will be laughing their heads off at this, there's so little technical skill needed for this the guy who made it should have been ashamed to allow this out.

If you look at this an see a real event then I'm sorry you are on the wrong forums, you need to be on daftbelievers.com.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

BTW Outside someone who actually does this for a living, explain to me who would qualify as a "bona fide expert"?

Me.

Why? Because I can guarantee my answer will be 60% correct 100% of the time.

Whats the answer to the old CGI vs Real video predicament?

I think that this video might offer some probable consideration to the question of whether or not this may, most likely, be somewhat like CGI graphics. However one must also take into account that on some accounts there is the chance that in some circumstances some people might consider thinking about confirming the possibility it could actually under the right conditions be real.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by countercounterculture

I agree I know I was being unrealistic but still not sure if its a fake both videos look real.............

I dont know I give up..............

I have to work or spend hours wasting my time on this video which aint worth none of our time.......

Thanks for replying...................

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FSMthewayshegoes
I know it looks CGI

But i saw this s**t yesterday with my naked eyes, while driving in that general area.

Say what you want to say but I saw what I saw.

You did?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by FSMthewayshegoes
I know it looks CGI

But i saw this s**t yesterday with my naked eyes, while driving in that general area.

Say what you want to say but I saw what I saw.

I saw it too!

And you did?

Tell us more, can you go into more detail,

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Why is this even still being discussed? It's a fake. It was proven a fake.
It's in the hoax category now here.
And if it was really there where it was supposed to have been, it would have been all over the news. But no, it wasn't. I small little known website was the first to post it.

For those of you who insist you saw this, what you saw was a cloud. Not this. Unless someone has figured out how to project a CGI onto the sky.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
Exactly you did no investigation at all. If you did a real investigation I would not point out your sloppy work.

2. Did the people who heard the loud boom hear it because of a CGI fake?

The people who heard the boom are the ones who submitted the videos and pictures.....where are all the other people who would have heard the loud boom?

No reports AT ALL of loud booms that night.
Hell, even the video of the event HAS NO BOOM.

Woops!

There have been a number of posts, including yours, that say there was no 'BOOM' on the video. Beg to differ -- I watched the video a couple of times at least, and heard the boom quite plainly. In fact, there are 2, approx. 2 seconds apart. The first one is rather faint, and the second is quite loud.

txguy out. Peace!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Okay, so - I've now read an entire thread of ATSers saying this is a hoax, but is there actual outside ATS proof that it's a hoax? Or is everyone just in agreement therefore it is?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wow! Reams of precious ATS 'paper' just wasted! Here's the truth from the horse's mouth!

Canadian UFO Spiral hoaxer comes forward
(Kevin Martin, the designer and developer of the Western Canada UFO Spiral Hoax apologizes).

What looked like numerous photographs and videos of a ship entering the cosmos was actually put together by not a team, but one person.

Kevin Martin, a Southern California Weatherman has come forward as the hoaxer to what is likely the biggest hoax ever created.

Martin claims he e-mailed the material to TheWeatherSpace.com in an effort to test a theory of his out.

"Who is more gullible, Americans or Europeans?", asked Martin. "A growing number of conspiracy theorists are American, while Europe seems to have their head on straighter to the facts. I decided to test it out with a half done CGI video and photoshop photo stills, sending it to Betty Morgan at TheWeatherSpace.com Space News section."

Martin claims that his theory was correct, Europeans have a better handle on reality than Americans.

Upon further investigation it seems like Martin is a master at marketing, graphics, and even manipulation. TheWeatherSpace.com was fooled and I apologize for that.

Well...? There's a sucker born every minute!

www.theweatherspace.com...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by countercounterculture
reply to post by StevesResearch

Me.

Why? Because I can guarantee my answer will be 60% correct 100% of the time.

Whats the answer to the old CGI vs Real video predicament?

I think that this video might offer some probable consideration to the question of whether or not this may, most likely, be somewhat like CGI graphics. However one must also take into account that on some accounts there is the chance that in some circumstances some people might consider thinking about confirming the possibility it could actually under the right conditions be real.

As covered already by other members this has been proven a hoax. Debating this any further is pointless.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by StevesResearch]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Kevin Martin, a Southern California Weatherman has come forward as the hoaxer to what is likely the biggest hoax ever created.

The biggest hoax ever? Well no wonder weatherspace was fooled and their in depth investigation did not uncover the hoax. It was the biggest hoax ever. How could they be expected to know. The images were flawless. The videos perfect. It was the biggest hoax ever!

If you google "Canada sky spiral" you'll see that virtually no one was fooled by the biggest hoax ever.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lol. That had me thinking "are they being serious?"

They need to familiarise themselves with ufology, this is small fries compared to some of the material that's been made public over the years.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by StevesResearch]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
Okay, so - I've now read an entire thread of ATSers saying this is a hoax, but is there actual outside ATS proof that it's a hoax? Or is everyone just in agreement therefore it is?

There is very little evidence to show this not to be hoax. I have yet to hear details regarding exactly when and where. The videos and pictures, show little evidence that there not submitted by the same source. And even these are to me, suspect.

i.e. the web Cam on the plane doesn't look real. I can only assume it was a web Cam since the video is rock solid. Do airlines put web Cams on the side of planes? Not likely. It was also perfectly aligned to capture this thing.

i.e. the image of the spiral over the large city. Vancouver is the largest city in western Canada. I live in Vancouver and have not heard a peep in the local media about this event.

i.e. the perfectly aligned video that was set up to capture meteors. There are no meteor showers at the end May. And if there were then it they show up after midnight since the Earth is traveling through space in an easterly direction.

Show me some independent reports of this thing reported in the media then I'll take another look. So far there's almost nothing. No reports of a strange light in the sky or sonic booms heard during the dinner hour. All we have are a few images and videos that could've easily been created and distributed by a single source.

Until then, it's a hoax in my eyes.

Edit to add: Just read the report of the hoaxer coming to light. Case closed, waste of time.

Edit to add: Kevin Martin, if you're reading this, and I'm sure you are, you're an asshole for wasting the time of people. I hope your career as a weatherman tanks. But being in America I'm sure that won't be the case.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Neo__]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Neo__]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Wow! Reams of precious ATS 'paper' just wasted! Here's the truth from the horse's mouth!

Canadian UFO Spiral hoaxer comes forward
(Kevin Martin, the designer and developer of the Western Canada UFO Spiral Hoax apologizes).

What looked like numerous photographs and videos of a ship entering the cosmos was actually put together by not a team, but one person.

Martin claims he e-mailed the material to TheWeatherSpace.com in an effort to test a theory of his out.

"Who is more gullible, Americans or Europeans?", asked Martin. "A growing number of conspiracy theorists are American, while Europe seems to have their head on straighter to the facts. I decided to test it out with a half done CGI video and photoshop photo stills, sending it to Betty Morgan at TheWeatherSpace.com Space News section."

Martin claims that his theory was correct, Europeans have a better handle on reality than Americans.

Upon further investigation it seems like Martin is a master at marketing, graphics, and even manipulation. TheWeatherSpace.com was fooled and I apologize for that.

Well...? There's a sucker born every minute!

www.theweatherspace.com...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by OrionHunterX]

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
this is clearly cgi at work here ... but good cgi at that i must say
but thanx for the post..peace

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You can tell this is a hoax by the camera angle.

What are the odds that someone just happened to have a camera on, running, and pointed precisely in the sky to capture the entire event within the frame of the camera's view without going outside it?

Just about nil.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join