It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looking at the majority of the posts here all one can see is more division and exclusionary movements by an already broken and primitive society who has been thoroughly dumbed down to the point that they point fingers and blame others and not their government for their woes.

No future.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I hate to point this out to you but when your stopped by the police you must show your papers, Also known as your id proving your a citizen.

No you don't...this is just false information.

Go find the law and give a source that says I have to show a police officer anything (unless I am driving). You won't find it. In SOME states I have to give them my name verbally...but that is all.

Stop with the disinformation...educate yourself.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by prionace glauca

Of course we all know you support such a tactic, but you fail to realize you are in Minority.

We shall see...I don't believe so.

Check a poll on this issue - any poll.

As for amnesty, please explain for everyone how granting amnesty for the millions of illegals already here and sucking our resources dry won't lead to another 20 million illegals lining up at the border for their chance.

Do you libs really need the votes that badly that you would sell out your own country to get them?

link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

OK, just so you can keep up: A police state happens against its own citizens. The keyword there is CITIZENS. Once we are able to out the non-citizens, we can then work on the ones who are IN this country legally. We have enough legal criminals roaming around. We don't need to be looking out for some other country's rejects as well.

Edit: A police state would only happen in this country due to the economy. It won't happen because of the immigration problem.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Afterthought]

Has nothing to do with the issue, and everything to do with how easy it's going to be for the govt to run over it's citizens even more. This is the test run for more to come. I want the immigration situation handled, but there's better ways of doing so than "papers please". And believe me if people start crying for that law, than eventually the tables will turn on them too. They are opening the door... all I can say is good luck with this.

link   

It is all laid out in a nice plan if you have the eyes to see it...obviously most don't.

Keep up the noise...and thanks for the help.

You people are amusing

I like the way you attempt to elevate yourself above the rest of us by the implication that you have elite knowledge into a grand conspiracy that you alone can see and the rest of us can't even imagine.

Come on, not everything is a conspiracy

Now at this point, I would expect a response such as, "I find people like you equally amusing" and I'm sure the word "sheeple" could slip in there somewhere. Or better yet, you might accuse me of being some sort of disinfo agent...wow that would really push your fantasy along wouldn't it? A super secret government agent trying to discredit you so you can't spread the ultimate truth that would set the world FREE !!!!

Or some crap like that right ?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by jfj123]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by ComeAndGetMe

All states have statutes against Illegal Immigration. But none of them follow them as they leave the Federal Government to enforce those laws.

Not entirely true. In Georgia in 2006, the state passed one of the nation's toughest immigration laws which they enforce through the tax code.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

My generalization was pretty broad, I do commend Georgia for penalizing through the tax code. But isn't Georgia a haven for Illegal Aliens also, especially Hispanics.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

reply to post by Afterthought

This law in a way it is against "the citizen" , because if an American-Citizen looks like a Mexican he will be asked to show his document like a jew in 1939!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to point this out to you but when your stopped by the police you must show your papers, Also known as your id proving your a citizen.In my state you cant get a state issued I D unless your legal. So it has no effect on any citizen. And if you follow Arizona law it doesnt give them the right to stop people because they look Mexican.All it does is make sure when the police find out there illegal they cannot ignore it like they did in the past must take action.READ THE LAW! Alot of people think they know whats in it read it.

What are you trying to point out to me? Are you asking me if I know who is issuing illegals driver's licenses? Yeah, we all need to be able to identify ourselves. Mexicans who are abiding by the laws are obviously able to blend in better, so in turn, they aren't asked to show their fake ID.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Do you libs really need the votes that badly that you would sell out your own country to get them?

They never believed in our country, remember Hussein's Wife saying "for the first time I am actually proud of my county".

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by dragonridr

I hate to point this out to you but when your stopped by the police you must show your papers, Also known as your id proving your a citizen.

No you don't...this is just false information.

Go find the law and give a source that says I have to show a police officer anything (unless I am driving). You won't find it. In SOME states I have to give them my name verbally...but that is all.

Stop with the disinformation...educate yourself.

You first on the disinformation ...

WHY would you be stopped for anything other than driving? And in that case, one ALWAYS has to show a drivers license, plus proof of insurance in my state. Illegals shouldn't have either document. Case closed.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As a Rhode Islander, I must say that I am shocked and extremely happy to see Rhode Island on that list. Shocked though, because this state has been harbouring and supporting illegals from all over the world for YEARS. I recently heard on one of our local talk shows the amount of US currency just Haitians in JUST Rhode Island have sent to Haiti, and it was truly appalling. I truly pray this gets passed in this state and we immediately start shipping out illegals.

But really, I doubt this WILL get passed to be honest, as our officials here have been protecting illegals for SOOOOO long that I really can't see it changing. As someone already stated, this sounds more like just bandwagon jumping for votes, and after the elections, little to nothing will be done. But, as I said, I PRAY that is not the case.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

================================================

Disinformation works both ways---Do some research before you make
statements like that

en.wikipedia.org...

States with “stop and identify” statutes

There is no federal law requiring that an individual identify herself during a Terry stop. Hiibel merely established that states and localities have the power to require people to identify themselves under those conditions.

As of 2009, the following 24 states have “stop and identify” laws, sometimes incorporating them into their loitering and prowling statutes (Florida as an example):
Alabama Ala. Code §15-5-30
Arizona Ari. Rev. Stat. Tit. 13, §2412 (enacted 2005)
Arkansas Ark. Code Ann. §5-71-213(a)(1)
Colorado Colo. Rev. Stat. §16-3-101(1)
Delaware Del. Code Ann., Tit. 11, §§1902, 1321(6)
Florida Fla. Stat. §856.021(2) (loitering and prowling)
Georgia Ga. Code Ann. §16-11-36(b) (loitering statute)
Illinois Ill. Comp. Stat., ch. 725, §5/107-14
Indiana Indiana Code §34-28-5-3.5
Kansas Kan. Stat. Ann. §22-2402(1)
Louisiana La. Code Crim. Proc. Ann., Art. 215.1(A)
Missouri Mo. Rev. Stat. §84.710(2)
Montana Mont. Code Ann. §46-5-401
Nebraska Neb. Rev. Stat. §29-829
Nevada Nev. Rev. Stat. §171.123
New Hampshire N. H. Rev. Stat. Ann. §594:2
New Mexico N. M. Stat. Ann. §30-22-3
New York N. Y. Crim. Proc. Law (CPL) §140.50 (1)
North Dakota N.D. Cent. Code §29-29-21 (PDF)
Ohio Ohio Rev. Code §2921.29 (enacted 2006)
Rhode Island R. I. Gen. Laws §12-7-1
Utah Utah Code Ann. §77-7-15
Vermont Vt. Stat. Ann., Tit. 24, §1983
Wisconsin Wis. Stat. §968.24

The opinion in Hiibel implied that, unless a specific local jurisdiction (city, town, county, township, etc.) has passed a “stop and identify” law, persons in states not listed above are not obligated to identify themselves when detained by police.[18] However, the issue may not be settled absent a definitive state-court holding that identification is not required.[19] "

[edit on 22-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

It is all laid out in a nice plan if you have the eyes to see it...obviously most don't.

You people are amusing

I like the way you attempt to elevate yourself above the rest of us by the implication that you have elite knowledge into a grand conspiracy that you alone can see and the rest of us can't even imagine.

Now at this point, I would expect a response such as, "I find people like you equally amusing" and I'm sure the word "sheeple" could slip in there somewhere. Or better yet, you might accuse me of being some sort of disinfo agent...wow that would really push your fantasy along wouldn't it? A super secret government agent trying to discredit you so you can't spread the ultimate truth that would set the world FREE !!!!

No, I wouldn't accuse you of being anything other than 'Naive'.
Strange things are afoot & we all need to stay on our toes & keep our eyes & ears open. There is an agenda here somewhere.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
If you want to "do something" to help your state get involved & remind your congressman "there is a problem" at the border, you can jump on board with numbersusa. Over 500,000 members.

www.numbersusa.com...

Oh my god this video is completely retarded.

Seriously in my country we think immigrants do jobs we wouldn't do, but you, you think they are taking your jobs. You are too much spoiled. You don't realise that the luck you have is only due to america's empire, not to your "hard work".

[edit on 22-5-2010 by ickylevel]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You people are amusing

It's called "elitism".

And libs wrote the book on it.

Just ask them, and/or read what they write. It's all about how THEY know better than the uneducated and unsophisticated masses. And that's exactly why libs think they are here - to take care of and think for the rest of us.

Easy test. Ask a lib why Fox News has more viewers than all the lib media combined, and the lib's answer will be that the Fox viewers are stupid and/or uneducated. To a lib, it just couldn't be the other way around ...

Last, I would like the libs here to not just say they are for amnesty. I would like to hear them admit WHY they are for amnesty. What's in it for them?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah , A single mother of two is a criminal , a hard working man that is trying to provide for his family is a criminal.

Do you even read yourself , what you are saying is psycho/sociopath stuff.

I hope the rest of the world boycotts America for being so backward.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

Lets fix your statements so you don't embarrass yourself further...

An Illegal Alien Single mother of two is a criminal, if her kids were not born in the USA, they are criminals. If they are born in the USA then they are Anchor babies made to leech benefits.

An Illegal Alien Hard Working Man, who could be a hard working gang member, a hard working drug dealer, a hard working farm picker, w/e....he is an Illegal Alien who is an criminal.

If you really are fond of supporting Illegal behavior, please check your citizenship and go down to Mexico. You will fit right in muchacho.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

You people are amusing

No, I wouldn't accuse you of being anything other than 'Naive'.
Strange things are afoot & we all need to stay on our toes & keep our eyes & ears open. There is an agenda here somewhere.

Of course you would because you see conspiracy at every turn

The reality is that states and it's citizens are becoming fed up with the feds inaction. AZ was the first state to step forward but they won't be the last. Most Americans want illegal immigration to cease.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
Oh my god this video is completely retarded.

Seriously in my country we think immigrants do jobs we wouldn't do, but you, you think they are taking your jobs. You are too much spoiled. You don't realise that the luck you have is only due to america's empire, not to your "hard work".

Immigrants are different from ILLEGALS.
ILLEGALS do actually take jobs Americans WANT TO DO.
I've seen it myself as it's pervasive throughout the construction and landscaping industry.
ILLEGAL immigration is a problem in the US for many reasons and to deny it is just silly.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You people are amusing

It's called "elitism".

And libs wrote the book on it.

Just ask them, and/or read what they write. It's all about how THEY know better than the uneducated and unsophisticated masses. And that's exactly why libs think they are here - to take care of and think for the rest of us.

Easy test. Ask a lib why Fox News has more viewers than all the lib media combined, and the lib's answer will be that the Fox viewers are stupid and/or uneducated. To a lib, it just couldn't be the other way around ...

Last, I would like the libs here to not just say they are for amnesty. I would like to hear them admit WHY they are for amnesty. What's in it for them?

It's not just the liberals...its the conservatives as well. They just want to tell us what to do in different ways. D's and R's are too busy trying to outdo each other instead of what's best for the American people.

Mark Twain
"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason." — Mark Twain

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No, the American people are fed up with the FED. Period.
It's not that the FED is NOT doing anything. It's doing plenty! Did you happen to hear about those pesky bank bailouts? The FED obviously has its priorities wrong.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by WXBackdoor

I'm not entirely convinced the rest of the world boycotting the U.S. wouldn't be a good thing for us. Maybe then TPTB might be forced to do something original like, I dunno, allowing America to produce her own goods and services once again? As I recall it seemed to work out rather well for us the first time around...

As one who wholeheartedly supports the above, and as one who at present, really doesn't give a rat's @$$ about what other countries think of us, could you look into that for me? That'd be great...

Please!!! The US would just starve to death or go down to the level of Cuba. Saying a full boycott on US goods would be a solution is just pure ignorant non-sense.

Does the word global rings any bell for you?

That's how everything works nowadays. In fact that's how things always have worked since the very beginning to some extent.

Anyways...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join