It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss USA crowns Arab-American Muslim immigrant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
An Arab-American Muslim immigrant was crowned Miss USA Sunday night.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18524157707f.jpg[/atsimg]

Now I know that this must upset some people She's not only an Arab, and a Muslim but she's a dreaded immigrant! In my opinion she is also smokin beautiful.
What do you think about immigrants winning Miss USA?

edit to add link: Miss USA

[edit on Mon May 17th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

As long as she is legal who cares?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
People still care who wins these pathetic contest?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I certainly don't care as long as she is legalbut I bet there's some who do. I am curious to hear their take. If she isn't legal I think winning Miss USA should make her legal.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Maybe if you read this thread I put up a little while ago. It has an interesting twist and conspiracy: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Maybe if you read this thread I put up a little while ago. It has an interesting twist and conspiracy: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Missed your thread Anon72, but that is more what I expected. I am surprised someone hasn't asked for her birth certificate.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
First a black President and now a Arab/Muslim Miss USA.

For me...I love it because it shows the diversity of America.

But I would pay to see the faces of conservatives right now.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I think they couldnt of picked a prettier gal
as I loves the beautiful creations the lord has made here. I dont see anything wrong, the world is changing and it aint like she isnt cute, she nice

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If she is legal, she had as much of a right to win as anyone else. I don't see any problems here.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow! She's very pretty! She also looks genuenly happy...and not all overreactiony plastic... or sobbing...

Lol those are the images that I'm used to from winners of those things... the "Ohmygodohmygod....*sob*" as though they'll start hyperventilating or something.

As for the ethic/religious thing... Isn't it just a pretty face/body parade?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't see any problem with an Arab or a Muslim winning the Miss USA pageant....unless she wore a Burqa during the swimsuit competition.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
People have issues with "Illegal" immigrants not "immigrants".

Anyway, I think this is cool I guess.

I don't know anything about Miss USA and don't know who won the past contests but if this is something new and groundbreaking then kudos to Ms. Arab-American Muslim Immigrant!!!

I hope that isn't her name.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is a non issue.

Maybe if she had a sex tape they'd you could make a bigger deal out of this.

But otherwise so what if she's muslim. Good for her

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Who cares, she is gorgeous.

Almost to pretty....hmmm...Android?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well lets see how her pics dancing on a stripper pole work out for her

She stumbled on stage ,called Birth Control a controlled substance ,and the only reason she won outside of being and Arab is simply b/c of how Miss Oklahoma answered her question .Admitting she supported the Arizona Immigration Law was her down fall .

Hopefully ,this person will be stripped of the crown ,and Miss Oklahoma will be MISS USA .She deserved it .

mojo.channel955.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
What do you think about immigrants winning Miss USA?

Why not? Who cares if she's an immigrant or not? I'm sure she's here legally, if that's what you're getting at. The only real criteria here is looks and I'd say she has that taken care of.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yeah I see an honor killing coming. Should she be showing that much skin if she's a muslim?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ahh my nemesis you get your wish. And I approve of her winning. A very beautiful woman. However I disagree w/ her being Arab. Persian yes Arab no. She apparently won on basis of her beauty and the other "ahem" criteria. Just to throw a little fuel on the fire I will go as far as to say it is pretty pc of us. I bet that the Middle East is having conniption fit. Our decadence is rubbing off!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
First a black President and now a Arab/Muslim Miss USA.

For me...I love it because it shows the diversity of America.

But I would pay to see the faces of conservatives right now.

The expression on my face in reaction to this story is one of not really caring that much.

I almost married a woman of the same background. I know Republicans only marry white women, I guess I'm the black sheep.

The only thing I care about is that she wasn't chosen BECAUSE she is a Muslim. I will assume that isn't the case and file this in my brain in the who gives a damn file cabinet.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Oh please.
I picked her from the beginning (after KY got the chop of course) because she is BEAUTIFUL and managed to answer the question without sounding like an idiot.

But I guess she could be the trigger for some holy war or sleeper cell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join