It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Ch6- The Sins of the Church?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The book of Revelation is unique to the scripture because it is ALL written in symbols(signified).NONE of it is literal.These "events " are not on earth or in the physical realm.It is about the kingdom of Heaven that is IN your midst.The Kingdom comes WITHOUT observation in the physical realm.That is what the religious Pharisees looked for.

The 1st verse says what it is about
The revelation(Fro the Greek apocálypsis which is an uncovering or unveiling) of Jesus(which is Yahoshua or Yahshua which mean Yahweh's salvation) Christ( christos is messiah which means the anointing or anointed one...to put on or smear on Gods power.)

The unveiling of Gods Salvation the power of God.It is ,...what was ,is and will be.That is the prophecy part.None of the cataclysmic events related to the earth are literal.There are a millions (maybe billions) of theory's of how this going to play out fortunately... all of them are wrong.

I know this isn't what is wanted to be heard.... which should be odd in the first place.God is FOR us not against us.The book of Revelation is the foundation of his salvation plan written in signs.All these things are internal not external.The battle of Armageddon is being fought within you.

There is no Antichrist.That terms is used in Johns epistles in a different context and isn't even in Revelation.That alone should show how it is "added" in which is in contradiction to Johns(actually it is Yahshuas warning he is dictating the whole thing) warning NOT to add or take from this book...yet that is what has been done billions of times.

That doesn't mean those that do so will be damned to eternal torment of hell(the lake of fire)..there is no literal burning hell where God (The God who IS Love) will torture merciless those that haven't believed a religious doctrine of men...those doctrines make void the word of God.Revelation is book that when understood is a BLESSING.It is ALL about Gods salvation of man not Gods destruction of man.

"Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear[understands] the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

This wasn't written for "the end times of the world" it is written for end of the kingdom of this world IN EVERYONE to receive the Kingdom of God IN your midst.Yet it is unbelievable to The Many however Yahshua ... the God of salvation...is doing his namesake..his nature.... saving (delivering) EVERYONE into the Kingdom of God WITHIN them.This isn't new age babel double talk it is what the scriptures say clearly for those with eyes to see.

It has ZERO to do with religion.Religion is Babylon.It cannot save anyone.It never has and never will.There is only one savior ....Yahshua.The Son of God...GOD...God is doing EVERYTHING...man only receives..man can only take what is given.God is opening eyes to see that religion is what is fading away.The Book of revelation is the foundation of that "unveiling".It is like a dichotomy of Sleeping Beauty.The Prince doesn't break the spell by kissing her...only when the spell is broken can he kiss her.The blinding spell of a Revelation of "cataclysmic destruction" of mankind is on the many of the world.Ask God to break it ...and it will be.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282
The book of Revelation is unique to the scripture because it is ALL written in symbols(signified)

I would amend this by saying that most of it is symbolic.
Certain key points are being expressed, but they are being expressed symbolically.
They include the point that when the church comes under threat, God will come to its aid, and that in the end God will overthrow the powers of the world and replace this world with a different kind of world.

f the cataclysmic events...God is FOR us not against us

A lot of people miss the point about the cataclysmic events.
In fact the cataclysmic events described are related to the fact that God is "FOR" his church.
They are directed against those who are against his church..
They express God in action against the bullies.
Whether it is true that God is "FOR us" depends on whether you belong to God's church or to the bullies.

This wasn't written for "the end times of the world"

At the end of the narrative this world comes to an end and is replaced by another kind of world, ruled by God alone..
This point is meant seriously and literally, even if the visual details are not meant literally.
Therefore in that sense it is about the "end-times"
edit on 24-3-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The following thread now looks at this issue in relation to the prophesies in Isaiah;
This trampling on my courts

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A reminder because of recent interest in Revelation

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It is true that God is for his church, but I think it's a mistake to assume that He is extending special protections to any one person of the church.

We are in the world, not of it. We shouldn't get too attached to our lives here because the cataclysmic events in the world will affect us even as they affect everyone else. The main difference between us in the church and the rest is that we can look toward salvation and eternal life of the spirit. Earthly death, then, should not concern us even as it may be quite unpleasant.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Exactky, yes. I wasn't suggesting that safety was guaranteed to any one individual member. It is more the case that "God's people will not be allowed to become extinct". So Jesus spoke about the tribulation being cut short "for the sake of the elect".

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

erm the four horsemen are zodiac signs..

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
That would make Revelation a book with no message; "There are stars in the sky, grouped into constellations". Yeah, big deal.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Its a big deal if you want to understand what you are talking about. Lets take it from the top eh. The Holy Bible means Helios Biblios. The book on the Sun.

Stop with the gibberish learn astrotheology. Otherwise you are talking pretty much hog wash

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
The Holy Bible means Helios Biblios. The book on the Sun.

That is cross-languags wordplay involving a modern language, which has no value in Bible interpretation. It's gibberish, in fact.
The Greek for "holy" is HAGIOS.which has nothing to do with the sun.
The English word "holy" is derived from the Old Norse HEILAGR, which has nothing to do with the sun.

You see, i work by actual study of the meaning of words, not by sloppy guesswork.

edit on 23-11-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

That is cross-languags wordplay involving a modern language, which has no value in Bible interpretation. It's gibberish, in fact. The Greek for "holy" is HAGIOS.which has nothing to do with the sun.

dont talk tripe

Holy Bible comes from the greek word Helios Biblos which means Sun Book (Helios=sun)

12 zodiacs have everything to do the with the 12 disciples. Do you know which is which? The son of God has everything to do with the Sun. John the baptism has everything to do with orion. Samsung has everything to do with the smalls sun. Jesus has everything to do with Sirius Star changed from red to blue 25ad (same year jesus started teaching. and all of the above is based on kemetic teachings.

The lords Prayer kemetic spell 1245 from the book of the dead. Mary the mother vigin comes from ISIS or Ast (and it blue to represent the star being blue.)

Go learn some and stop taking the sun book in its literal sense and you might start understanding the meaning behind some of it.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
The son of God has everything to do with the Sun.

Again, word-play involving a modern language, which the original writer could not have known about. Absurd nonsense.
Of course I'm not going to bother learning your gibberish astro-theology. I can feel contempt as easily as you, on better ground (which is a metaphor using a word derived ultimatekly from the Old High German GRUNT).

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It is by no coindence that the church says astrology is the work of the devil. They dont want you understaning. That is why. Once upon a time it was illegal for a laymen to read the book for the very same reason.

A little more for your dogmatic mind.

Amen Ra to you

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You, with your obsessive pushing of a newly-constructed fake thoery, are calling me dogmatic?

The difference between us is that I'm getting my information from better sources.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Better sources.. lol.
Keep peddling your #fakehistory narrative. Its all going to come crashing down

Amen Ra

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Look...You seem like an intelligent person, too intelligent to fall for atheistic propaganda with a specific agenda to 'disprove' all possibility of Jesus's existence...

This link is to a legitimate Newspaper article in "The Times of Israel" regarding ongoing archaeological digs in Nazareth by the Israel Antiquities Authority -
- the finds discussed in the article (including absolute evidence that Nazareth definitely existed during and before the time of Jesus) are written up in the current issue of the Israel Antiquities Journal (linked in the article)..

Nazareth archaeological discoveries

Please read the article, and understand that the archaeological work discussed is sponsored by a government agency who have no interest in 'Jesus' himself at all -
- and are merely seeking the historical/archaeological truth about this particular city in their country.

And please know that I am not posting this for any reason except to provide real research - I am not a defender of Christian dogma, I just believe in digging deep, finding genuine source materials, and not letting anyone tell me what to think.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Thank you for your reply. I do my own research and have drawn my own conlcusion. I am very aware that Jesus was a created deity. Very much based on the story of Osirius and ISIS. (Isis also being represented by mary the veiled one).

It is by no coincidence that there are 3 sets of three Marys in the bible. One set is occulted. Guess what stars use to be called the three Marys. THe three stars of Orion. Ht three crosses also represent the three belt stars. (same reason jonh the bapist had a large belt and proceeded jesus> Orion preceeds Sirius as it rises in the sky. (Kemetic day markers)
The same three stars that are the wise men. That lead the way to the messianic star (Orion leads the way to sirius)

The occulted mythology of Sirius is found across the secret teachings and brotherhood. It is found inwoven into all the sacred books and religions across the globe.

We al worship the same gods if we know it or not.

I dont have a time to read your link atm. Will check when home later.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Sorry for the intrusion, just going to be a moment. Not so sure about the god part...could of been aliens.

Me personally, I think Paul based of the guy, while Jesus would of been much more of a thriller version Apaulo.
Satan is going to laugh his ass off if this ever makes any sense. Tsarus an Tyana are basically the same place( not literally but close enough)
edit on 24-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This series was being run ten years ago. Perhaps now it is becoming topical again.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Consider:

The wrath of the God doesn't need to so much be actively directed at us as it is a passive thing initially.

There is the quote by one of the Founders that a free Republic is only adequate to Godly people implying that unGodly people will necessarily abuse the privileges of freedom to their own ends. Given that much of the evil in the world we see has its roots in human action, would it be fair to say that much of the four horsemen could be laid at the feet of the great falling away which is one of the signs we're all told to watch for?

Famine, war, and even pestilence to a degree can be aided and abetted, even caused, by human actions. A myriad of small evils taken by people who do not keep to God, and not even in the religious sense so much as holding the spirit in their heart and doing what is right by themselves and others.

It all gradually falls apart, and chaos and destruction are the fruits and we will all suffer thereby. Not enough good people doing the right things for the right reasons. And God doesn't have to actively do anything; he only has to let us fail on our own. And soon enough we see the parts in Revelation where God *does* act and it gets so, so much worse for anyone left here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join