It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd radar track from Vancouver airport (Aurora?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hi All, A friend of mine had told me about this very strange aircraft radar track that he had seen on a website that monitors air traffic in and around Vancouver BC.

Interesting radar track if you set the replay time to 4:35 am on May 10 and watch the PA 31 in the lower left corner for two minutes.

the site is here : Air Traffic

At first everything seems quite normal but then it starts climbing and picking up speed at a very fast rate. Now, im no expert on military aircraft but is this even possible for any known craft? Could this be the Aurora?

I hope there are a few members that are experts in aircraft can shed some light on this strange event and at the very least let us know if this is something not out of the ordinary.

Ok I just looked up the designation for PA 31 and it shows it as

Navajo PA31 Landplane Piston 2 L

now this has me completely stumped. Theres no way that this type of plane could go this fast. Any ideas?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Not to mention it just suddenly appears a few seconds after 4:35 am on the radar.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The obvious answer it that it is a data glitch. Set the time to 04:00 and take a look at the B77W to the north of Vancouver.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Haha, just when I thought I had found an oddity worth posting for once, Phage comes by and takes the wind out of my sails

Awesome work Phage as always

yeah, I have to agree after looking at that one you posted that its some sort of glitch.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Possibly. It's still rather strange, even for a glitch.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I think the post is great op. It's a glitch but wouldn't it be cool to see a plane go over mach 5 while climbing out 35000 ft in about a minute.

btw - was starting a reply with hyper-x this and aurora that until phage poured water on it so don't feel bad.

oops meant to reply to op srry

[edit on 5/15/2010 by howmuch4another]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Haha, no I dont feel bad. Im glad we have members such as Phage to keep us on track. Helps me learn to post and research better.

new topics

top topics

join