It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of Blind People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It was brought up that, do blind people see images in their dreams, having not seen any images in waking life? I looked up a few websites on it.

There are no visual images in the dreams of those born without any ability to experience visual imagery in waking life.

Individuals who become blind before the age of five seldom experience visual imagery in their dreams, although Deutsch (1928) reports some visual imagery in six schoolchildren who lost their sight before age five.

Those who become sightless between the ages of five and seven may or may not retain some visual imagery.

Most people who lost their vision after age seven continue to experience at least some visual imagery, although its frequency and clarity often fade with time.

These are four empirical generalizations. Heres a few sites.

dreams of the blind

another link

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Really interesting stuff, Illusion. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
you know i always wondered about that, but didn't know who to ask...i certainly wouldn't want to ask a blind person. thanks for posting it, truly fascinating.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
No Prob, I always wondered about this, too, but I didnt want to waltz up to a blind person and just ask em. I dont know any blind people.

top topics

join