It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hubble pictures suggest Milky Way fell together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

New Hubble pictures suggest Milky Way fell together

BALTIMORE — A preliminary analysis of elderly stars in the Milky Way appears to strike a blow against the prevailing theory of galaxy formation. The study suggests that several large and seemingly disparate chunks of the Milky Way galaxy formed at the same time from the collapse of a single blob of gas and dust. That’s in direct contrast to the leading galaxy-formation scenario, which holds that the Milky Way and other galaxies began small and grew bit by bit for the most part, gravitationally acquiring intergalactic gas and dust and merging with galaxies in their immediate neighborhood. The new evidence, which astronomers emphasize is only tentative, comes from a new, ongoing study of a familiar globular cluster — a dense, elderly grouping of more than a million Milky Way stars collectively known as 47 Tucanae. Earlier this year, Harvey Richer of the University of British Columbia in Canada and his colleagues began examining 47 Tucanae with two Hubble Space Telescope cameras — the newly installed Wide Field Camera 3 and the Advanced Camera for Surveys, which stopped working early in 2007 but

Source

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
One more blow to Einstein's retarded theories.

Of course, this fits with the electric model of galaxy and star formation.

The stars don't make sense to astronomers because the entire method of measuring a stars age is wrong.

It is impossible to measure a stars age since stars do not burn themselves out.

Here's what's really going on.

Galaxy formation:

Evolution of the Plasma Universe: I. Double Radio Galaxies, Quasars, and Extragalactic Jets
Peratt A .L. , IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. Vol. PS-14, N.6, pp.639-660, December 1986
public.lanl.gov...

Evolution of the Plasma Universe: II. The Formation of Systems of Galaxies
Peratt A. L. ,IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. Vol. PS-14, N.6, pp.763-778, December 1986
public.lanl.gov...

The Role of Particle Beams and Electrical Currents in the Plasma Universe
Peratt A .L. , Laser and Particle Beams, vol.6, part.3, pp.471-491, 1988
public.lanl.gov...

Advances in Numerical Modeling of Astrophysical and Space Plasma, Part II Astrophysical Force Laws on the Large Scale.
Peratt A .L. ,Astrophys. & Space Sci., Vol. 256, pp. 51-75, 1998
public.lanl.gov...

Star formation:

Criticism of the Electric Sun Model
Reference Web Site
sites.google.com...

A Solar Junction Transistor Mechanism
Scott D. E. ,ICOPS 2007. IEEE 34th International Conference on Plasma Science, 2007
members.cox.net...

The Z-Pinch Morphology of Supernova 1987A and Electric Stars
Thornhill W. ,IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. Vol. 35, N.4, pp.832-844, August 2007
ieeexplore.ieee.org...://ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/27/4287017/04287093.pdf%3Farnumber%3D4287093&authDecision=-203

[edit on 13-5-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Thank you for the post and the links, I'll be delving into them this evening. I know very little about this sort of thing but think it's high time I started reading more about it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

Thank you for the post and the links, I'll be delving into them this evening. I know very little about this sort of thing but think it's high time I started reading more about it.

S&F!

Always good to see snippets of news that put Einstein where he belongs. I really love his rubber sheet/bowling ball analogy for gravity. When people think up stupid concepts like that, it's no wonder we see articles like this saying whoops.

new topics

top topics

join