It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien Artifacts Found in the Rockies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Possible alien artifacts found in the rockies.

Click Here For Story

edited to fix link

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Same article, good url...

www.ancientamerican.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sorry about that

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What a wonderfully mysterious find. The text on the metal sheets looks similar to the types of ancient texts one whould see coming from Mesopotamia or somewhere like that. The figure of a man with a long beard doesn't look Native American at all.

Does anyone have any idea of what type text or written language that is?

It would also be interesting to know if the metal the sheets are made of is found locally.

Nice find Dragorider & Bandit,
Deep

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Remarkable. A Mormon from Utah discovers copper plates with hieroglyphics on them. Deja Vu all over again. if you have studied the history of the Mormons, this story will set off alarms. They sound like this to me: "Bow-Gus, Bow-Gus".

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Part of it are pictures and part of it I can't make out.

But part of it are deffinately Runes or AngloSaxon Runes as they are sometimes called. Very popular in talisman making. With the possiblity of monograms which I can't make out.
Another part seems to be the old tic tac do code.
Just my input.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think I recall some type of hoax about fabricated ancient artefacts.

Was that involving a Mormon?

Do you have any more information about that story and possibly about this one?

I'm just interested in seperating truth from fiction here.

Thanks,
Deep

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Only a matter of time before it's "translated" and revealed to show Mormon teachings....

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No, not runes. However, it does look like a pseudo-cuneiform:

www.unf.edu... form-claytablet-isrealmus1.jpg

The "king" appears to be a badly drawn copy of a Babylonian artifact, and the Sphynx a bad rendition of the Egyptian sphynx. Another of the plates appears to be a bad rendition of Hebrew letters.

I'd say a fake because the lettering isn't consistant (those aren't words though they might supposedly represent numbers on tablet #1). And the artwork looks like it was done by an 11 year old.

Here's a fun cueniform website:
www.upennmuseum.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Uhm... Deep...

Don't give me any credit. Dragonrider deserves all of the credit...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Deepwaters: Yup. Hell of a story, too.

Mark Hoffman, young Mormon, forged what Mormons call "Faith affirming" documents - documents that tend to show the Mormon theology is fact-based. Presented them to the church, the church pressured wealthy Mormons to buy them.

Having established his credibility, Hoffman then proceeded to find numerous documents that either showed the early church leaders in a bad light, or tended to cast doubt on the accuracy of the basis of Mormon theology.

The church pressured wealthy Mormons to buy these. Keep them out of Gentile hands. And they hired document analysts to determine if these documents were forgeries.

Hoffman started delivering pipe bombs, wrapped in nails, to the investigators. Then he made the collossal mistake of setting off a bomb that he was taking out of his car.

Currently in the slammer, and in a wheelchair.

Do a search at www.amazon.com... for Mormon Murder in books. Many, many books come up.

new topics

top topics

join