It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But can you trust ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

But can you trust ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com

So, you've got a big, fat, juicy expose and you want to let the cat out of the bag but who are you going to tell?

ATS?
Well, of course.
But can you trust them?
Why?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's meant to be a Philosophical question.
"Why do you trust these guys, but not those guys?"

The question came to me while I was reading the thread by Skeptic Overlord concerning the coming changes to ATS and the idea of "Tinbook." Security was the topic that came into question, in terms of the lack of it on Facebook and the supposed improvements for it on Tinbook.

But I don't trust anybody, particularly if their main goal is to make money. (I don't care who you are.)

Thus, I'm really me, but I digress...

The point is, ATS is "going global" and although I'm fine with this and will continue visiting ATS everyday, it is only because I have my own capitalistic concerns that I am at peace with ATS's less altruistic motives. I don't blame anyone for wanting to make money, that shall remain the norm for some time yet. But calling into question the amount of privacy a website (or specifically "social community") is measured in degrees.

If we are only talking about ad placement, demographics, pop ups etc. it's more about annoyance than anything sinister.

But if you had a real juicy bit of info. Something the world needed to know, but you knew the powers that be wouldn't want the world to know, would you use ATS to announce it?

Would you use tinbook?

Vive l'ATS!

www.abovetopsecret.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I would use every possible outlet I could.

Youtube, newspapers, web forums etc.

I dont think its a matter of trust, it's more a matter of getting the information you want out into the public domain.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
All of these thoughts and questions could be discussed on the thread in question HERE.

Thread closed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dupe.

[edit on May 10th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

join