It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excavation Now Happening Under the Sphinx' Paw! Was Edgar Cayce Right?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I see people where concerned about it being '100 ft' away. I haven't see the video but when you dig to excavate you don't aways dig a vertical hole to get to the goodies.

Hole
---- ___ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...........__
...............__
..................__
......................__
.........................__
............................ __
.................................__Hall of Records______________________
...........|

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You have to keep this in mind: There are tunnels that lead from the Pyramid to the sphinx. As Cayce said, there is a Hall of Records located underneath the right paw of the Sphinx. This probably means that there is a tunnel that leads to the Hall of Records. That means you don't need to dig right underneath the sphinx itself, you just need to locate the tunnel that leads to the Hall of Records. I would hope that they wouldn't dig right underneath the sphinx, you would want to get a couple of 10's of feet away and get a path to the hall.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There were a couple of things the video mentioned that didn't seem to jive. It said a "four story shaft", then later it said 24' x 24' hole with an unknown depth that was dug down.

It also said water was being pumped out. It sounds like if records were down there, they would be underwater--ruined unless all the records were carved into stone.

And like everyone is pointing out, if they could get pictures of this dig, and they are trying to prove its location, how in the world would they not get a shot of the Sphinx itself???

[edit on 10/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As much as I dream of the day occuring, this is about the furthest thing from evidence of a dig taking place at the sphinx as you could possibly get. My initial response was of great excitement, nothing compared to the let down I felt after watching this farsical video with bad house music being the most adreneline pumping aspect of the whole affair.

By no means directed towards the OP, but this Agnew fellow did absolutely nothing to initiate further investigation....

Whats worse is that Red Bull and Egypt think that its an appropriate venue for jumping dirtbikes...gosh maybe they will let em jump the great pyramid as a finale...gasp*

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Doesn't seem right .. not even 20 meters in front of the Sphinx is an old dig, an area larger then the Sphinx itself. Not as seen in these pics.
No frame of reference that these were shot anywhere close to the Sphinx, except for the Red Bull shot which does not show the dig. It looks like they are uncovering a stone passageway. It would be nice to hear from someone local to see what they say.

By the looks of lots of pics .. the ones provided in that video .. can not be the Sphinx IMO
suzar.com...

zoom in on Google also

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichH
Doesn't seem right .. not even 20 meters in front of the Sphinx is an old dig, an area larger then the Sphinx itself. Not as seen in these pics.

Directly in front of the Sphinx is the Sphinx Temple.

This thing is claiming they are digging a hole in the floor of the Sphinx Temple.

Calling bullsheet.

Harte

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Can't anyone rent a small aircraft in Egypt, and get an aerial photo showing the Sphinx and the new dig site in one image? I did that once for land I owned.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this is no where near the Sphinx as i have been there , and you can't get anywhere near the Sphinx because it's surrounded by walls , and if you want to take a picture you have to go over those walls , now if he wants to prove what ever he is claiming then he should take a picture when he is facing the Sphinx, only from that angle we would know if its true .

just my thoughts

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Can't anyone rent a small aircraft in Egypt, and get an aerial photo showing the Sphinx and the new dig site in one image? I did that once for land I owned.

No can do. Gotta pick up my kids by 3:45 this afternoon. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)
Maybe Google Earth can get close enough to give a perspective on dig sites surrounding the man-cat? Not sure how "up-to-date" they're keeping Google Earth nowadays though......

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Isn't this the tomb of Osiris?

I heard on my alternative grapevine a while back that they hit the tomb of Osiris and it was full of water. Therefore they've had to pump it all out to get at the goodies.

Number one however, this structure doesn't quite fit the mould of ancient Egyptian 'habit' - therefore we need to watch this extremely closely.

Parallex.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I googled "Bureau of Antiquities", stated as the group leading the excavation, and it comes up with nothing - seems a major Egyptian agency would at least have a website

For this and many other reasons already listed by others ==> B.S.

Edited to add:
I did find a "Bureau of Antiquities of Northern Cairo" but only mentioned in an ad with no supporting evidence.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I, too, believe that there are vast secrets to the pyramids. A further belief of mine (not uncommon) is that the secrets are connected in some fashion, directly or not, to prior visitors from the stars.

Probably, the Egyptians were slow to catch on to that possibility in any of its forms. But that was yesterday. The imputus of Egypt today is that the whole of ancient Egypt is strongly tied to their standing in the world and on the more basis level of pure money from tourism.

Hewis (sp?) is a showboat, typical of mid-east cultures. We gotta accept him as such, but that doesn't mean he and his fellows are stupid. Basically, it is payback time for all of the antiquities stolen from them over time. They are no longer ignorant of the treassures--whatever they might be--that lay about them. You can't blame them for now wanting to capitalize on what remains.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

This is a brief synopsis of the 411 on the Osiris tomb's discovery a'la Haw-Ass
www.drhawass.com...

The article touches on the problem of the high water table in the Giza plateau area, which would seem to correlate with any water table issues encountered when digging around, down & under the man-cat.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This was mentioned recently on a thread but it was a video at night time.
What the hell is happening...

They wouldn't be digging for no reason..maybe a scan detected something.. something like a thermal reactor...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
FFS. I wish people would use some judgement before getting carried away with all this crap.

There's nothing in the video that supports the blurbs or the claims. It's pure distilled BS. Red Bull event to cover up some 24' X 24' shaft? Seriously? It's ridiculous!

2010 will take place in just a few weeks at the most historical landmark in Egypt, The Great Sphinx of Giza. The following riders will fight for glory in the shadow of pyramids which are only a few steps away from this unique FMX battleground:
Red Bull site

The best FMX athletes in the world are set to resume battle in a new location never before seen on the Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour. The ancient pyramids and majestic Great Sphinx of Giza will provide a breathtaking backdrop to the top freestyle motocross action on the planet on 14 May 2010 as a crowd of 10,000 FMX fans watches the world elite go head to head in a brand new format under the blazing Egyptian sun.
Live webcast Red Bull X-Fighters 2010 on MAY 14

People take a deep breath and calm down.

So who the hell is Brooks Agnew PhD? What's his motive for making crazy claims that a small Bobcat excavator is in fact digging a shaft in limestone bedrock? He's a PhD so there's no way in the world he's a nutjob, right?

But no! His world view believes that the Earth was built by frickin aliens and moved here. It's 6000 years old too. He's written bestsellers that nobody has heard of. Nephilim, Atlantis and Mu.

Absurd.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Very interesting find. I wonder what is going to happen. Do you think if they find anything, they will share it to the world or keep it hidden?
Looks like people wanted Red Bull so they could fly away from the heat

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

No, in fact it will soon become crystal clear the resons behind this. People may want to dig a little more because this is NOT the only one "Globally"

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

As someone else has said... we'll be lucky to find out what it is if anything they find there.... it would be a travesty to keep this from the people...

I'm pretty sure whoever is digging around there will be observed though so maybe we will find out...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thought I would throw this out there because I have had many very lucid and strange dreams in my life pertaining to what i now believe were ancient times. I had one a few years ago that involved the Sphinx in egypt, though everything seamed so different than today. In my dream the structure that we call the Sphinx was actually the top ornamental peice to a very large temple, and it was in a very dense and lush tropical rainforest. There were plants I had never seen before, still haven't, and there were many people, all wearing ornate but simplistic clothing. I remember seeing some men dressed with more complicated clothing and carrying what looked like ornate "batons" that seemed to have a glow about them. Large cats were used as riding mounts, but some had patterns again I had never seen before, and the 'soldiers' riding them carried strange curved lances; they were what I thought a mix between a katana, scythe and warspear.

The strangest part of all was a conversation I over heard between two men, which in my ears was proper english though I'm sure english wasn't the language; I just understood it. They spoke of an impending event, something they and the other 'clans' were amassing to fight; something from within the earth reawakening. One thing that got me was that I also noticed everyone was white! Like not the color white but looked like tanned caucasions, very similar to latinos today but with more caucasion features(hair, height, face, etc...) However I had a distinct feeling that the other 'clans' they were allied with were of different colors and societies, like the "Utapke" clan the men spoke of. They spoke of how they had 'mastered metal' and were fearsome opponents on the field, like the difference between an army grunt and a navy seal or marine.

Other than the scenery that is all I could remember from the dream, though I believe I saw more. I also spelled 'Utapke' based upon how I thought the name would be spelled as I heard it. (ooh-top-key) Not sure if it has any relevance, but I thought I would mention it anyway as something tells me that is really how it actually was when first built.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Large cats were used as riding mounts, but some had patterns again I had never seen before, and the 'soldiers' riding them carried strange curved lances; they were what I thought a mix between a katana, scythe and warspear.

warriors riding large cats? what kinda f-ed up dreams do you have?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join