It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-World Government --to--> ∞ world governments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The idea of a "one-world government" or "New World Order" seems to appear very often. And I agree that there are organizations on this planet trying to achieve this today. In fact, David Rockefeller of a number of organizations (CFR, Bilderberg, Trilateral) has stated this explicitly in his autobiography:

In 2002 Rockefeller authored his autobiography “Memoirs” wherein, on page 405," Mr. Rockefeller writes: “For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as "internationalists" and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

en.wikipedia.org...

That some people are trying to achieve this, is okay, and not the entire point of this thread.

What happens once all the borders are effectively dissolved, and the world becomes united?

Let this borderless world represent it:

Historically, centralizing power to a single authority has habitually resulted in one thing: wider corruption and abuses, on more grandiose levels. It is said "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Because the small sub-units of land are at the mercy of the central power, greater numbers of people will have their personal wills subject to the whims of fewer and fewer people, farther and farther away.

So we see today that the most corrupt organizations seem to be trying to take advantage of a consolidation and centralization of world power like never seen before in our recorded history.

At the same time, a number of other forces keep these people in check like a chess game that has been dragging on for decades, if not hundreds of years. These are spiritualities, idealisms, public philosophies, dissatisfied masses of people, revolutions, wars, technology, cultural traditions, etc. On the grander scale you could even sum it up as simple "good vs evil," or a more accurate rendering, people with "service-to-individual" priorities versus people with "service-to-humanity" priorities.

The strongest thing we could achieve as far as uniting as a world, is not to submit to a single authority for which every human being will most assuredly not be willing to grant authority, but to great as many local governments as possible, all sovereign to themselves and yet dependent upon other local governments for goods and information exchanges.

Imagine instead of the world above with no borders, a world filled with borders that outside governments will never cross:

Each dot here could represent a local government, or even collection of them.

Each local government could write its own laws, develop its own industry and technology, worry about its own natural environment, its own military forces (sufficient to defend its own people and nothing more), and make its own cultural and technological contributions to the Earth and all of humanity.

This way we will be forced to interact with each other cooperatively, there will be no political hegemony, and to take over the world would literally mean to take over every square mile, instead of just pulling a few political tricks and merging entire nations. You would have to control every physical person against their will.

On the other hand, it would take a great amount of will-power to accomplish this set up.

But!... if a one-world government comes to pass, or we get close enough to it so that borders are eliminated anyway, then realize that we are being given a clean slate in order to carve out our own authority and declare our own rules for living peaceably, a natural law of the people of each community, and if each defends his own community or passively protests other "authorities" by ignoring their laws, the entire world would instantly become unmanageable for central authorities, and they would lose their power. They are setting up the chessboard for check-mate, but for our checkmate, and theirs will be unmanageable anyway in an age of the internet and vast network information exchanges in every corner of the world.

For further insight on how this is not only feasible, but the easiest way to set up lasting peace across the world, I refer those interested in this idea to the Tao te Ching.

This simple wisdom comes from ancient China and remains amongst the most influential philosophies in the world to this day. You could say it is the eternal wisdom of the ancients.

Whoever relies on the Tao in governing men
doesn't try to force issues
or defeat enemies by force of arms.
For every force there is a counterforce.
Violence, even well intentioned,
always rebounds upon oneself.

The Master does his job
and then stops.
He understands that the universe
is forever out of control,
and that trying to dominate events
goes against the current of the Tao.
Because he believes in himself,
he doesn't try to convince others.
Because he is content with himself,
he doesn't need others' approval.
Because he accepts himself,
the whole world accepts him.

If you want to be a great leader,
you must learn to follow the Tao.
Stop trying to control.
Let go of fixed plans and concepts,
and the world will govern itself.

The more prohibitions you have,
the less virtuous people will be.
The more weapons you have,
the less secure people will be.
The more subsidies you have,
the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
I let go of the law,
and people become honest.
I let go of economics,
and people become prosperous.
I let go of religion,
and people become serene.
I let go of all desire for the common good,
and the good becomes common as grass.

The supreme good is like water,
which nourishes all things without trying to.
It is content with the low places that people disdain.
Thus it is like the Tao.

In dwelling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

When you are content to be simply yourself
and don't compare or compete,
everybody will respect you.

When the Master governs, the people
are hardly aware that he exists.
Next best is a leader who is loved.
Next, one who is feared.
The worst is one who is despised.

If you don't trust the people,
you make them untrustworthy.

The Master doesn't talk, he acts.
When his work is done,
the people say, "Amazing:
we did it, all by ourselves!"

When the great Tao is forgotten,
goodness and piety appear.
When the body's intelligence declines,
cleverness and knowledge step forth.
When there is no peace in the family,
filial piety begins.
When the country falls into chaos,
patriotism is born.

Throw away holiness and wisdom,
and people will be a hundred times happier.
Throw away morality and justice,
and people will do the right thing.
Throw away industry and profit,
and there won't be any thieves.

If these three aren't enough,
just stay at the center of the circle
and let all things take their course.

So here is food for thought.

Before you cast this off as wishful thinking or impossible, how would you run the world? Do you think there is a perfect way to "run" the whole world, that will not result in conflicts? What I am offering is so simple, and so obvious, that I don't think most people will even grasp it. In fact I already embody this philosophy, and act as if it has already come to pass, besides when discussing modern political happenings with others. My local community comes first and foremost, and I am its guardian, and I seek not to take from others, or unnecessarily from the land. In organized conflict there is always guerrilla warfare, which in itself seems based on Taoism, or at least inspired by it, as it is transcendental as far as conventional warfare goes, and can't be easily pinned down. But before that and much preferred is peaceful protest and non-violent disobedience.

I'll welcome any discussion about this, my little seed from my little part of the globe.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That was a bit to digest.

On many articles I am always tempted to post before I read the whole thing and this is no different. I don't think I had the correct conception of what you meant till you posted the Tao.

That is a bueatiful quote....its essence is "Let go, and let God"

But people on so many levels fail to understand how love works true unconditional will cannot be controlled. Life is not about proving anything to anyone except yourself.

This is the ideal for government, it is as far from the TPTB vision as possible yet oddly similar. I have always felt unity, ascension, telepathy would all be possible in this type situation. People could do what they loved and be loved for it, change at will as the direction of the wind blows.

It is sadly this checkcpoint, wire tapped, i-net spying, ID checking, pension stealing, black ops spending, illusionary debt having hollow shell of a corpse of world controlled government were experiencing.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I find it really interesting that you and I both posted a thread on one-world-government and similar at the same time! (Not to derail but here's my No peace without planet-wide-government in case people are interested in both. I'll happily delete the link if you prefer)

I think that although history repeats itself there are a few reasons things will be utterly different today than before: alien contact, the internet, and advancement of quantum electro dynamics.

more in a minute - baby's bedtime

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Let go of the tao te ching, you'll be happier.

I like thermo klein's thread better, planetary-wide government is the way to go, but I don't think it'll be like what people think it is.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I like your ideas. I spent several years basically living the life of a Tibetan Buddhist monk (in Arizona). If knowing oneself, and 50 hours of therapy, were a pre-requisite to get into high school world peace might be a more plausible outcome than what we have now.

World peace won't come without a fight. (Did I just say that? lol
)

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My favorite proposed solution is the Venus Project

www.thevenusproject.com...

And at its heart is the Resource Based Economy

The term and meaning of a Resource-Based Economy was originated by Jacque Fresco. It is a system in which all goods and services are available without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude.

All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few.

The premise upon which this system is based is that the Earth is abundant with plentiful resource; our practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival.

Modern society has access to highly advanced technology and can make available food, clothing, housing and medical care; update our educational system; and develop a limitless supply of renewable, non-contaminating energy. By supplying an efficiently designed economy, everyone can enjoy a very high standard of living with all of the amenities of a high technological society.

A resource-based economy would utilize existing resources from the land and sea, physical equipment, industrial plants, etc. to enhance the lives of the total population. In an economy based on resources rather than money, we could easily produce all of the necessities of life and provide a high standard of living for all.

In a resource-based economy all of the world's resources are held as the common heritage of all of Earth's people, thus eventually outgrowing the need for the artificial boundaries that separate people. This is the unifying imperative.

We must emphasize that this approach to global governance has nothing whatever in common with the present aims of an elite to form a world government with themselves and large corporations at the helm, and the vast majority of the world's population subservient to them. Our vision of globalization empowers each and every person on the planet to be the best they can be, not to live in abject subjugation to a corporate governing body.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

I find it really interesting that you and I both posted a thread on one-world-government and similar at the same time! (Not to derail but here's my No peace without planet-wide-government in case people are interested in both.

It seems to me that you are saying something quite different in your thread. This OP says the bigger the government, the more corruption and lack of accountability, and we certainly see this in our own country. A vast number of tiny local governments would be instantly accountable to their constituents and mutual dependence would follow naturally since no one entity could produce all that was needed for its residents.

I can't see it happening, unfortunately, because there are always bullies around who want MORE and are happy to go around conquering. a threat from space or disease or even natural disaster might temporarily divert a one world government's attention away from skimming off a percentage of resources to divert to its cronies, but in the long run if a government has access to wealth, it will become corupted

Or are you referring to a one world government that has no assets or access to assets of its citizens? Simply a clearing house? but then why bother?

i like the notion of many many small governments. allows true diversity.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
That is a bueatiful quote....its essence is "Let go, and let God"

But people on so many levels fail to understand how love works true unconditional will cannot be controlled. Life is not about proving anything to anyone except yourself.

Right. I don't think a perfect system is possible, so the next best thing I could aim for is a system that requires human cooperation and mutual respect and compassion for neighbors, the world over, just to hold us together. If we can get that emotional "vibration" through to people, to get everyone to calm down, come back to Earth, forget all the busy distractions and erroneous abstract worries... Just get back to basics, being loving, providing food and warmth to the family year round, gardening, studying some technical field for personal or community benefit if you like. Whatever you like! But you're on your own.

This is the ideal for government, it is as far from the TPTB vision as possible yet oddly similar.

I'm curious as to what similarities you've noticed! Maybe similar because it actually gives you the freedoms and comforts that they promise but never deliver?

Sometimes I think as though we are being set-up with a situation that will make this not only a possibility, but the favored possibility, since I believe our social structure is first going to collapse somehow, one way or another, and this is "meant" to happen in the larger scheme of things. And in that I can see a similarity. When that happens people will be in a situation where they will have to fend for themselves anyway. Rural people who have already been isolated from society possibly won't be bothered since they already live by the philosophy I am describing, for all intents and purposes.

I have always felt unity, ascension, telepathy would all be possible in this type situation. People could do what they loved and be loved for it, change at will as the direction of the wind blows.

That would be beautiful.

It is sadly this checkcpoint, wire tapped, i-net spying, ID checking, pension stealing, black ops spending, illusionary debt having hollow shell of a corpse of world controlled government were experiencing.

This is the trigger that will offer us a fertile ground to start over though, I think. A social disaster of one form or another.

We must be talking about a very different scenario than today when this would actually become possible anyway. Society is always changing, and is about to be forced into some major changes one way or another whether we like it or not. I'm saying that in some post-apocalypse, global-crisis era, if we're going to try this again, we might as well just not make our government structures fit for snake nests anymore. We cut out all the bull, all the financial schemes, mass media political rhetoric, all the middle-men corporations shipping in food from Asia when it also grows locally, etc. We cut everything right back to its roots at the local level. And a lot of love as you say.

reply to post by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

I don't see it. I'm not holding it in the first place really. Are you?

I like thermo klein's thread better, planetary-wide government is the way to go, but I don't think it'll be like what people think it is.

What I am suggesting is a form of planetary-wide government, but it has no central authority to which all the participating communities must adhere to, and all power naturally resides in the residents of each community. It would be like a net, with each interconnecting node or community being just as important as all the others, and working just as hard for everything.

Each independent community would be responsible for understanding and seeking to improve upon mankind's technology, keeping updated with the technical achievements of other areas through the internet, producing its own food, maintaining its own roads and other public services, defending its own homes, regulating its own trade and "economy" (if a currency will even exist in the community anymore -- surely will be a hard habit for some to get over), etc.

If each community limited its standing army to only its private residents defending their own homes, then the only reason other than pure power-lust to occupy another area, would be because of the availability of natural resources. And if one area has natural resources and other areas need this resource, negotiations can be made and things done without ever needing a military confrontation. If it comes to it, residents from one area can just move to the other area and make themselves at home there as well instead. Or many other solutions can be addressed and negotiated at any time.

Pretty much the guiding principle is "common sense" and each community doing as they see fit, free from consequences lest they defend themselves however they can manage. It is really a very simple thing, basically the very definition of "natural law," that the law is wholly derived from the people themselves!

I put "common sense" in quotation marks because you'll notice that what constitutes "common sense" varies from person to person, let alone from the southern US to northern India. But the worst society-wide taboos of murder, rape, etc. are all held in common. So this community will do what it will, at the threat of defending itself, and that community will do what it will, at the threat of defending itself. And out of mutual pure willingness to interact with other communities all over the world, communities will stay active, striving, advancing, using the internet or physical transportation of goods and services. And in each community, the people themselves have the final say in what is done, either by sheer willpower of some individuals, or what an elected leader says, or however the people choose collectively to do what they will.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I find it really interesting that you and I both posted a thread on one-world-government and similar at the same time! (Not to derail but here's my No peace without planet-wide-government in case people are interested in both.

Lots of times I'll be thinking something for a couple of days, that just occurred to me out of nowhere and before seeing it anywhere else, and then wham, I see it on ATS. Usually on this metaphysics forum, even. And definitely before the thread is made, has the same thing occurred to me.

I think as if some part of the universe (subconscious) provides information at coordinated times to us. Not just to one of us but to lots of us, if not all of us collectively. This could be as innocent as a new company logo we all see for the first time, and its shape triggers a certain thought-pattern we are sensitive to. Or any number of things, and I'm sure it could get bizarre. The human mind is very suggestible and Jung could tell you how deep and subtle the subconscious can really go. Depth becomes subtlety.

I think that although history repeats itself there are a few reasons things will be utterly different today than before: alien contact, the internet, and advancement of quantum electro dynamics.

Great news to me!
And I wholeheartedly agree, the internet alone has already started to revolutionize society.

reply to post by chrisrand

Originally posted by chrisrand
My favorite proposed solution is the Venus Project

Hmmmmmm. Another synchronicity. I just saw a couple YouTube videos about the Venus Project on another forum earlier today. I'll check this out more.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I don't see it. I'm not holding it in the first place really. Are you?

Me?

What I am suggesting is a form of planetary-wide government, but it has no central authority to which all the participating communities must adhere to, and all power naturally resides in the residents of each community.

What you're doing right now is the very thing that's against your own quote from the tao te ching.

Throw away holiness and wisdom,
and people will be a hundred times happier.
Throw away morality and justice,
and people will do the right thing.
Throw away industry and profit,
and there won't be any thieves.

If these three aren't enough,
just stay at the center of the circle
and let all things take their course

Besides, according to the quote, it doesn't seem the tao te ching believe in armies... or law, or desire for common good.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Do you think there is a perfect way to "run" the whole world, that will not result in conflicts?

No, I do not think there is a way for this to be done, at least not the way man/womankind are right now. The missing ingredient is Telepathy. We had it once, long ago, but it was taken away from us at the THE TOWER OF BABEL incident recorded in the Bible.

"Now the whole earth had one language and few words. And as men migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. And they said to one another, 'Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly.' And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar. Then they said, 'Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.' And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the sons of men had built. And the LORD said, 'Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; and nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.' So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city.' Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth; and from there the LORD scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth." (Genesis 11:1-9)

"Babel" is composed of two words, "bab" meaning "gate" and "el," "god." Hence, "the gate of god." A related word in Hebrew, "balal" means "confusion."
source

In astral travel I have been to many places not of this world, as some of you have. There is a civilization that I know of where Telepathy is common, and everyone is "connected," or "plugged in" to the collective thought. It is, in effect, a one world government, but not like here at all. The Leaders, the ones who sit in power and make judgments, are a higher Spiritual Being, there are nine of them. All problems or arguments are brought before the Nine, and their decision is always final. The only crime is killing, or interfering with another's ways and jobs. The Nine are not a God, or an oppressive thing, they just keep the peace and safety of the people. On the main planet is housing and laboratories, manufacturing facilities and machining shops. One works at what he or she is good at and wants to do, all work to help the others. Everything is provided, there are no cars or trucks, they use a moving sidewalk apparatus, that is the only way I have of describing it. Each home or place has a portal, you step into the portal and are transported to where you want to go. There is a kind of television there, and gaming devices. I would live there if I could, friends. Closest thing to heaven I can see.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
In astral travel I have been to many places not of this world, as some of you have. There is a civilization that I know of where Telepathy is common, and everyone is "connected," or "plugged in" to the collective thought. It is, in effect, a one world government, but not like here at all.

Ah, that's very interesting, maybe that's the kind of one world government that I've been looking for. Maybe one day, humans may have this "telepathic" ability through technology. Star for you.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Besides, according to the quote, it doesn't seem the tao te ching believe in armies... or law, or desire for common good.

You're right, and you can sit back and do nothing through all of this, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'll be doing a lot of that myself, during the roughest times.

But one of the most wonderful things about creation is that we do have the power to shape it when we have the will to do so. I exercise my freedom of will here now by sharing my views no different than yourself. I already told you, I am not firmly clutching the Tao te Ching, I am pointing you to it as an easy reference and guide to my general thoughts here. If you don't like what it says then that's fine too.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
You're right, and you can sit back and do nothing through all of this, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'll be doing a lot of that myself, during the roughest times.

That is a better attitude.

I am pointing you to it as an easy reference and guide to my general thoughts here.

I simply find it a bad reference to the OP.

Regarding your idea, I believe it will render earth very weak because everthing will be so fragmented. Hence I'm still going with autowrench's solution. I believe it's the best right now.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Regarding your idea, I believe it will render earth very weak because everthing will be so fragmented. Hence I'm still going with autowrench's solution. I believe it's the best right now.

Can you elaborate on autowrench's post? He said we were missing telepathy, quoted the Bible, and then recollected some out of body experiences. I must have missed his suggestions.

Do you think centralizing world power to a single location is what's best for humanity? Can you explain this in more detail?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The nature of a government is the centralization of authority. Since you're talking about millions of decentralized areas, you're not talking about a government you're talking about civil micro-communities based in anarchy. I agree with this 100%. If someone dislikes the community rules in their area, they can move and have the choice amongst millions of others. I think this is the future.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I believe autowrench is referring to a form of a hive mind. With the Nine at the center.

My interest is more about combining resources rather than centralizing power. Regarding a central authority such as the Nine, I'm not really looking for a central spiritual authority such as the nine, I'm looking for a central coordinator team to manage all of those resources. And of course, these coordinators will directly report to the hive.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I got a question for you. How is it that you equate service to the individual as being good and service to humanity as being evil

Don't we need to hold service to both the individual and collective in order to have a balanced view?

Shouldn't it be more like adapting a philosophy in which servicing the individual is servicing the collective, and vice-versa?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I got a question for you. How is it that you equate service to the individual as being good and service to humanity as being evil

Ah, I didn't mean to imply that. Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to imply the opposite.

Don't we need to hold service to both the individual and collective in order to have a balanced view?

Right, enriching yourself also enriches humanity.

top topics

join