It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's latest ploy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Iraq is acquiring military uniforms "identical down to the last detail" to those worn by American and British forces and plans to use them to shift blame for atrocities, a senior U.S. official said Thursday. "Saddam intends to issue these uniforms to Fedayeen Saddam troops who would wear them when conducting reprisals against the Iraqi people so that they could pass the atrocities off as the work of the United States and the United Kingdom," Wilkinson said.

foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We gotta get that bastard NOW!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Why not just translate these news reports into Arabic & drop tons of copies over Iraqi civilian populations?

What? You don't think that the US hasn't used such propaganda-drops before? The novel part would be that the proprganda would be telling the *truth* for a change of pace...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'm skeptic. Irak army don't have whites and blacks soldiers. They are all tanned and they have all a mustache and black eyes.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Excellent, spectacular tactic.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Some arabs can be just as dark-skinned as blacks, and would easily pass for an american GI in a photo. Likewise, some arabs are extremely light-complexioned, and could pass for americans as well. Also, mustaches can be shaved...

At least now, such a ploy would not work...
as everyone knows of it. Have to agree with Tyler though...clever. Of course, it could just be CIA propaganda to pre-empt any citing of brutality by American troops to come also...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If it is true and these imposter soldiers are going to kill people as reported, I dont think the victims will remember what color their murderers were.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
But it was more for getting photos and video of "American" troops (i.e. Iraqis dressed as Americans) committing war crimes...not witness testimonials...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think you're probably right Gaz, next he'll probably buy masks that look like Americans and British. Who knows what he has up his sleeve next, but we need to get rid of him.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ha!! This gives us reason to bomb the bastard and his 45 palaces and hundreds of people dressed up as him!!! Now he's trying to copy us in order to get us in trouble for war crimes? Gimme a break!! Let's get him now and wipe that damn country off the face of the earth!!!!!!!! We can't just stand here and let him fabricate US and UK uniforms for his own sick reasons. This is crap, what he's doing.

Signing out,
HLW

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've heard that when they reach Baghdad, the US troops are going to take their shirts off.

Whoever doesn't have a tattoo will be shot on sight.

deleted

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deleted
Whoever doesn't have a tattoo will be shot on sight.

You mean

George Bush

Across the chest?

top topics

join