It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Time Travel a Conspiracy itself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
We all would love to go back in time and see how the earth was and change things but my question is simple. Is time travel a conspiracy or just a thing that could never exist?

The reason for my question is lets say in the future if it does exist and there is time travel why is it noone has seen anyone in todays world walking through portals or in time machines? There isnt any proof of this to be real. Time travel already exists. It esists because we are already living in another time an we are also living on this timeline.. Let me try to explain

I am here at my desk and 20 years into the future i could be at work or in a hospital. Question is if the future has already existed. Then in the future time travel should have been invented and should be in use. So if this is correct how come we dont see anything from the future happening today?

Or could spaceships be people from the future trying to make contact but are afraid they would end up changing life in the future.. Now i really dont want this to end up the skunk works. Im just saying..this

Does the end of time already exist and the future has already taken place? Or are we building toward the future and there is no future except the here and now?

If there is no future and only the past it would explain why we havent seen any kind of time travelers or time machines.

Something to think about though is this.. It takes the suns rays 10 mins to get to earth. So the light on earth wouldnt go out for 10 mins should the suns light stop..
So the light we have shining on us is technically from the past by 10 mins correct?

I know ive jumbled up alot of topics in this thread but im trying to figure out if time travel was real how come noone from the future is here or has been seen to show us.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
A reason why no one from the future has shown up and said "hey i'm here"
is because there might be laws which restrict the use of time travel to protect the timeline that is to say to preserve their present and our future from any major changes, e.g 9/11 never happened if they said it will happen and someone decided to prevent it then the timeline (their present).

[edit on 6-5-2010 by yataa]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think the problem is you cannot go back in time, only forward.We are already travelling through time but only into the future.Many people claim to have seen the future through dreams,visions, out of body experiences etc.I for one have had dreams of events that took place in the future but i did not recognize them until they actually happened, therefore i could not alter the future by warning someone. If My dreams came true then that means i must have travelled to the future to know . How else would i have known? I think with genuine prophets we should really take note of some warnings.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

Dear gerg357

Time travel into the future has already taken place.

Astronauts traveling in the ISS have already gone into the future, ok only by a split second but they say enough to prove the concept.

Also the top boffins say time travel is possible if indeed some time off.

The way we are going perhaps we never got to the point where back to the future was a reality.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Just because it's not public knowledge doesn't mean it can't be done. First off, the way our species measures time is by no means universal and in fact no other species on our planet uses time the same way humans do. If you think about the millions of species on this rock we call earth... we make new discoveries everyday, and where did that new discovery come from? I believe we have not even scratch the surface of our knowledge and one has to look no further than Quantum mechanics to realize this. You know, what if there is a multiverse or multi-dimensions, each of which is doing it's own thing. Or perhaps, you won't be able time travel because of the meat suit you are wearing. You won't might get the answer until you die, or maybe not at all. I have reason to believe that manipulation of time/space is possible but may be limited as a passive observer. There are endless possibilities.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think both have taken place. See Project Camelot, Burisch, Deacon, Basiago, and also Time research Anderson institute. Seems other countries are far in advance - India (Anderson - Coast to Coast A< www.youtube.com...) and Russia - (Uvarov Camelot 17m ).

Perhaps the truth is much more than all of that already published information in the public domain. What is the hidden purpose and our place in their plans? Here might be the deception.

In theory of time being the 4th dimension (Einstein) and perhaps 5th dimension, I see no deception. Even the mainstream scientist Hawking admitted it is possible in principle, while rejecting anything of the above that differs from the paradigm of today mainstream science on planet earth that admits only the wormhole and light speed ship as theoretical ways to time travel. There is one more - the Alcubierre hyper drive. Some say B-2 has it.
www.youtube.com...

www.andersoninstitute.com...
www.examiner.com...

CERN LHC second announcement of dimensional door. The first one was not on March 31-April 1st, but from CERN director

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Gliese581]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gerg357
We all would love to go back in time and see how the earth was and change things but my question is simple. Is time travel a conspiracy or just a thing that could never exist?

Warning I have no real answers. I just thought it would be fun to speculate with you in this thread.

The reason for my question is lets say in the future if it does exist and there is time travel why is it noone has seen anyone in todays world walking through portals or in time machines?

There can be many reasons for this (If time travel is real).

Perhaps they refuse to interact in fear of altering the future (as someone already suggested).

Perhaps when someone time travels they only appear in time-lines where time travel actually happens, effectively even jumping to new dimensions seemingly "the same as our own" but entirely different.

Or

Perhaps it is because we have not invented a time machine yet and time travel requires such tech on "both sides of the traveling" future and past.

For example... expecting a phone call from someone before a second phone is ever created would be a silly thing to wait for.

I am here at my desk and 20 years into the future i could be at work or in a hospital. Question is if the future has already existed. Then in the future time travel should have been invented and should be in use. So if this is correct how come we dont see anything from the future happening today?

It is very possible that you exist in countless futures in an endless array of "possible outcomes of your own future". If this is the case, you are no longer dealing with simple "point A to point B travel" Essentially you could be dealing with infinite "yous" in infinite "possible futures".

Meaning, billions of "yous" can be experiencing time travel first hand, or watching its discovery happen, while the "you" you are here is unlucky and unaware of such technologies.

Cosmic dice thrown where you can't see them.

Or could spaceships be people from the future trying to make contact but are afraid they would end up changing life in the future..

HECK YAH they can! Why not? Makes as much sense (if not more) then most the UFO garbage I hear/read.

Does the end of time already exist and the future has already taken place? Or are we building toward the future and there is no future except the here and now?

I wonder that very often. Its good to know I'm not alone in pondering such things.

If there is no future and only the past it would explain why we havent seen any kind of time travelers or time machines.

Maybe...

But they could also be invisible! I highly doubt we will master time travel before we master invisibility.

Think about it...

Now think, would you equip your time travelers with invisibility?

I would.

Something to think about though is this.. It takes the suns rays 10 mins to get to earth. So the light on earth wouldnt go out for 10 mins should the suns light stop..
So the light we have shining on us is technically from the past by 10 mins correct?

It IS from the past...but much like a bus arriving at the station. The bus came from another locality and took time to cross actual space.

This is a bit different then time travel as we are discussing it.

But in your defense, we are talking about light...and nobody fully understands light and what it does when it is moving and it surly relates to time differently then most other moving things.

So, who really knows?

I know ive jumbled up alot of topics in this thread but im trying to figure out if time travel was real how come noone from the future is here or has been seen to show us.

One more possibility is that time travel IS real, it WAS used to visit us...then because of that- mankind was almost destroyed leaving a handful of time travelers to travel to meet the original time travelers just to stop them from time traveling in the first place.

Hey...you never know.

PS- I am a time traveler...I usually only go at the speed of life.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Be careful about thinking too much about this topic! You can really go mad if you spend too much time trying to figure it all out.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
According to General relativity time travel to the future is possible in a sense. If one could travel at or near the speed of light and return to earth in a round trip from whatever destination, then time would have passed by on earth at a far greater amount than that of the astronauts. This is to say that time is relative to the observer and not constant to everyone observing. This theory has been proven.

Hawking wrote about time in that the argument against time travel is that we dont have tourists from the future. However he also notes that given the right circumstances and spacetime being warped in the right way time travel could be possible but if we are not able to create such a warping of spacetime until the future then time travelers would not be able to travel back beyond the point they created the warp of said spacetime.
Of course to go back in time is also a possibility according to quantum mechanics but brings up causality as an issue. Causality can be overlooked if you consider the many worlds theory that basically states that any causality will be reconciled by the fact that said time traveler would end up in another timeline with a different outcome or history.
Its the classic grandfather paradox.

Personally i do not think time travel is possible in the sense that we can go back and chage our own future. I think of time as being a bubble and not linear although our way of thinking lends us to think it is.

top topics

join