It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much time do you spend thinking about your own mortality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So from this ever so small sample, I think I can generally deduce that I am spending more than enough time thinking about my eventual demise, and the conditions thereof.

I think it just means that I need to get out and walk more often, and maybe lay off the chips and salsa.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Fear is my friend.

I think about my mortality when I'm doing something dangerous. I think about my Bride and what her life would be like, suddenly alone and without me, and that keeps me safe.

I think about my mortality when I work our preps for an unknown future. I ponder how I can set up our systems so they might be easier for m'Darlin' if I am not around to work them.

I think about my mortality when I wander the quagmire of my horrific dreams, and when I smell certain odors that remind me of memories of death, and the putrid crap I've seen people do to other people.

the rest of the time, I'm pretty much Mr. Happy.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I do a lot of dangerous things on a daily basis, and there are times I find myself thinking about the potential death that awaits me if I should screw up.

If you want to spend more time thinking about it, get a crotch rocket. Not a sissy 600 either, get an R1.

Your life will flash before yours eyes every single day.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaChaos

I think of it every day pretty much. I don't know if that's healthy but I do not act out upon these thoughts. I am also not afraid of death, the way I see it is: I die, I die! It sucks but I'm dead

Well, something like that

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

At 20 never
At 30 hardly ever
At 40 Sometimes
At 50 Alittle more than sometimes
Approaching 60 and husband approaching 66 daily.

It all goes by so fast.

It seems like yesteday my three sons were tiny little beings in need of constant nurturering.

Now, just a few moments later in time, they all tower over me and if I hear from them once in a blue moon I'm lucky.

It all goes by so fast.

One minute a cute sweet innocent, all guys have their eyes on you to the next minute a old lady nobody notices.

It all goes by so fast.................enjoy this physical experience while you can - it will end sooner than you realize and you will be just another stiff on the morgue table.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
If you want to spend more time thinking about it, get a crotch rocket. Not a sissy 600 either, get an R1.

That's awesome!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

no that is wrong, you are not god and god would never make you according to your reality scenario, it is obvious how the world is realized from a story to be told and written, you are thinking for yourself love to believe as the base you are standing on, it is not only you in the world and objective reality of livings witness by itself the sense of objective facts moves

and to proove my point i would add, how you cannot guess what you would do because of the free element that is the only positive truth, the energy you employ as truly positive about something is all what is your identity and can evolve from practicing on realizing your free positive energy out on everything, new free energy could say more your identity as living positive conscious one
it is the path of truth and not god but the problem is what god dont want to be true, so everyone must compromise with that fact and lie about his means that are set to survival then and to fear powers that necessarly are abusing himself rights by intimidation process

and noone of course want to get to that scary spot that is mostly all what is alive really from evil god ways

where death mean humiliation done by who is killing you as powerful more to an extend witnessing your total surrender
so the powrful not only get to realize things positively and be happy free but also get the pleasures of forcing others to witness its superiority forever on them
and who is never of power at all, not only die naturally as never existed but he must witness while vanishing powerful life taking anything left from him and he must fear his after life asking him to bend while agonizing and confirming the income growth of monsters life in general from his death

you are not god and that is why there is heaven and hells, because god love to play the judge of others according to his taste of meals

but this is a very serious issue and noone cares to react freely right

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I feel I can relate to the experience you are having. As you said it is something we all go through at one time or another. It is just a phase and will pass. Don't worry too much about it, it is normal.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itachimaru
As haughty as it may sound, I don't, this life is one of many and when I am done here I will move on to my next life. I wish only for a clean death and the hope that I meet my end with my honor intact.

I think people worry so much about how and when they will move on they forget to live, and that is a shame, but who can blame them really when that is all you hear about daily is about how this is happening and thats happening, the newest terrorist alerts, the newest disease etc etc. Fear is a tool and a useless emotion, learn to let it go and then you will be truly free to live.

Just my 2 pence worth.

I should add something of note here, I have already died once in a really bad car accident, so that shapes my perspective somewhat, amongst other things ( mainly my path that I walk in Kashima Shinden). I just felt the need to make that addition.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I barley think of it,
I dont have the time to be wasting worrying about my death.
It can happen anytime, anywhere.
So who cares?
Live your life.
do what you gotta do, worry about your family instead.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
every one that has read this post has spent alest 5 minits thinking about there impending death.
thanks man just when i managed to stop lolololol

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I dont waste time thinking about it. Were born , we live, we die. Pointless to waste time / effort in contemplating ones demise when theres living to do and a world to explore..

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I spend more time thinking about Immortality TBH... I feel i have many years left yet...

Never had a broken bone, never been in hospital...

<< 1   >>

join