It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Christian Conspiracy - How Was It Done?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
We have the following skeptic contentions:

1. There are no Roman records of Jesus; there is no contemporary evidence for Jesus, and the claimed evidence is very weak, late, forged, suspect or not about Jesus at all. Therefore the historical Jesus never existed.
2. The Gospel story, with its figure of Jesus of Nazareth, cannot be found before the Gospels. In Christian writings earlier than Mark, Jesus was never spoken of as a human man who had recently lived. Paul and other early writers speak of Jesus entirely in terms of a spiritual, heavenly figure.
3. Early Christianity was a Jewish sectarian version of widespread savior god belief systems (Dionysos, Mithras, Attis, Isis, Osiris).
4. Only with the Gospels, which began to appear probably toward the end of the first century, was there a figure of Jesus of Nazareth as a man living in the time of Herod and Pontius Pilate. The Gospels were forgeries written by persons unknown who never met Jesus of Nazareth.

What I am asking is how was this "Christ conspiracy" implemented; how was it done? The issue of document forgeries has been debated before. For every expert who says a particular document is a forgery, there is an expert who says it is not. What seems to be missing is a plausible scenario of implementation. A narrative of how Paul (or unknown persons) were able to put together myths (Dionysus, Mithra, Attis, Isis, etc.) and make them into a flesh and blood man and then "sell" that concept to the public. What I want to see is:

1. Where was the "Christian conspiracy" started.
2. When was the "Christian conspiracy" initiated and who were the imitators (note the dates can be approximations).
3. How was it spread throughout the Roman Empire and by whom.
4. Some statements on how it evolved; i. e., the evolution of savior god belief systems (Dionysos, Mithras, Attis, Isis, Osiris) into a flesh and blood man as presented in the Gospel of Mark.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you, but Jesus is alive. He'll be back shortly to answer your questions!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would say that the "Christian Conspiracy" started with Constantinople and continued by the Roman Catholic Church until Christianity branched off into different denominations later (i.e. Martin Luther and others).

en.wikipedia.org...

Some would say that it actually started with Paul.

The Roman Catholic Church has made many revisions to the "Bible" to suit their theology and to increase their power.

So much to discuss. This conspiracy is vast.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Read every other thread I have written, start here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Then you will know where I am coming from.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Start from the beginning. Show how it was put together before 100 CE. Give names, dates, locations.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You know what? It's mans nature to worship.. Lets face it. If man doesn't worship God, he will worship a stick a mountain a rock his wife himself and most of all MONEY ... It's not a question of "If" you worship but rather what you worship. The same is true for faith. Once again it takes less faith to deny the bibles historical facts as written history (Corrorborated) by thousands of wittness even witnesses that tried and crucified him,, than to hold onto an atheistic attitude that is in every case base in the fear of having to ultimately admit GoD is GOD whether you like it or nor. Whether you believe it or not...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

It is safe to assume this post is way beyond your knowledge on the topic. Keep believing in the fairy tale, or educate yourself and see how scammed you have been. Glad to say I woke up from the con job, and you will too if you research it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

Start from the beginning. Show how it was put together before 100 CE. Give names, dates, locations.

You got me there. The gospels and the epistles were written after 60-100 A.D. "Christians" were pagans at that time. Until Constantinople decided to create ONE religion. Constantinople saw an opportunity for more power and took it and Roman Catholic Church took power after the fall of Roman Empire.

That's where you should be looking at.

Unless you want me to say that it's a Jewish conspiracy? Maybe Babylon conspiracy? And so on. Like I said, this is a vast conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Your answer does not approach what the topic concerns (not concerning the subject). What we have is atheist claiming forgeries, claiming mythology, etc. Where is the "dot connection". Build a event scenario.

link   
My research comes from the Holy Spirit

link   
You can thank emporer Constantine & his fanatic-lunatic mother for fostering/ giving the imputus to/ allowing the magical Jesus fable to become a reality rather than a mere myth held by commoners... who lived in underground communities in modern Turkey and nearby environs.

the later 'catholic church' (universal church) fostered the belief/faith system of this composite mythic personna... so as to create a structure
for the 'direction' & manipulation of humankind

[edit on 30-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's mans nature to worship

It's one of those things that they fed you since birth. Do you actually believe that?

Maybe some people like power and control and thought of a way to achieve that. One way is to invent gods and religions.

I find it weird that many people actually believe that it's human nature to worship something without actually questioning if it's actually true or not. We never see animals worship.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Your response is absurd. It takes a MUCH bigger leap of faith to oppose a faith that claims ETERNAL HELL for your soul if you dont believe in it. Its EASY as can be to live by blind faith and THINK that you are going to a "heaven" by being a blind faithful zombie whom puts forth NO effort whatsoever into it all. When you hear folks whom used to be of the faith, and now they deny it, TRUST ME, they did their RESEARCH!! Nothing on this planet is easier than saying a prayer to some false imaginary friend and remaining pitifully stupid the rest of your life.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Start from the beginning. How did it begin, How was it implemented? We are only concerned about events before about 100CE (not 325CE). If you were in court, your testimony would be immaterial.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't expect anyone to know the truth without the spirit of truth. There are many who who are awake that are blind. When the blind lead the blind, careful both may fall into a ditch.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sorry for the re-post but let's face it - do you think God cares what an atheist claims? I mean does it really matter? He obviously manifested Himself to us through His word; through His son; through His disciples and through the prophets. Having said that - His word has always stood the test of time which, by the way, He promised it would.

P.S. This world is turning to manure in front of our eyes. I would be careful when it comes to shunning or judging or falsifying anything in any way, shape or form or in any negative way and then point it at the only God who will be able to save us all. I saw a bumper sticker one time "Jesus is coming and boy is He pissed."

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Christianity was spread person to person...
...as a dynamic faith delivered verbally, empirically.

The four Gospels were Midrash or homiletic sermons that were eventually written down...
...and the rest of the New Testament documents were letters sent to remote communities addressing specific local issues.

Christianity is not sustained/maintained by these documents...
...or by the witness of extra-biblical historians...
...Christian Apologetics is not evidence of faith but unfaith.

Christianity is the personal realization of the historicity of the resurrection confirmed directly, individually by the Spirit...
...and the ongoing dynamic personal relationship that follows.

You will never understand Christianity until you understand that historical documents are no more the basis of a Christian's faith relationship than the existence of a marriage certificate is evidence of a successful marriage.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Do you have any idea of who Horus, Krishna, Mithra, and the MANY other FICTIONAL gods to which the Jesus character was FABRICATED from? I assume not. Better get studying, if there is a real God, I would assume for sure that He/She/It would be VERY, VERY angry to see you worshiping a man-made god that was a COPY of the FAKE originals. YIKES, the real God (if one exists) is sure to be FUMING MAD when He/She/It learns that what you believe in. Talk about a CON JOB on a MASSIVE level. Silly you.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Obviously no one who has read the original posting has taken the time to check out my other threads on this forum and know where I am "coming from". What I want is a skeptic response of an implementation scenario. Of course I have my own scenario.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain_Sense

Here are some replies concerning the "pagan myth" theory:

www.infidels.org...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It light of analysis, not even close.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join