It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music and Past life recollection/Akashic Record?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Have you ever heard a song that suddenly just hit you in a way that you felt displaced or triggered a memory and had unexplained images pop up into your head out of nowhere as a result of listening to it?

There are a few that do this sort of thing to me. I am curious if this happens to anyone else?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Definitely. Sometimes a brand new song will come out and I swear I could remember hearing it as a kid or something like that.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It just does not make sense that modern music can trigger memories of times in the distant pass and yet for me they do. Some VERY strongly.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
New songs dont do that too me. But I know oldies do. My parents use to listen to sixties music when i was a baby. So When I hear a song from the sixties, it triggers thoughts and memories from when i was little. I Could never remember my past but once I started listening to that music i can remember alot of things now

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yep! Count me in on this one.
I sometimes hear a tune, and I know I've heard it before somewhere, even though it's the first time I've heard it in this lifetime.
It seems to stir up a distant memory in me, and evoke feelings that I can't put my finger on, like a name that's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to remember.
Apart from the past life assosciation (Which is sometimes invalid, as the music is created on synthesisers, which didn't really exist in any usable form before I landed here), I sometimes think I may have heard it in a dream, or on the other side before I was born.
In which case, I feel that all music already exists, waiting to be funneled down through the mind and body of a musician.
Same thing with most other artforms, but none stir these feelings as much as music does.
Which goes on to imply that no one is a 'genius' in the accepted sense of the word, as everything has already been created in a place where time doesn't exist, and all we do is receive and pass it on to the physical world.

What a fantastic subject to start a thread on.

Thanks.

This is something that I think about a hell of a lot, and when I mention it to others, I just get a look like I'm some kind of nutter, which I am, but that's beside the point.

S+F for you.

Why can I never think of anything like this?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Most definitely.

Mostly certain sounds and certain melodies trigger some very heavy sensations that "this is ancient" and "I've been here before". Nostalgic reactions are different, these feelings feel like they have something to do with cellular memory or the Akashic records. Who knows, I don't really know what to make out of it, but it's weird.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Actually I can attest that sometimes when new songs come out and I hear them for the first time I am able to sing along, as in I know the lyrics and I've never heard it before. This isn't something that happened like one time, meaning it's possible I heard it and forgot, this has happened many times... never understood how that was possible. I always thought it was just coincidental but I know better now.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Ya that's part of it, but there is something in the music itself that is not "familiar" per se... it just triggers memories even though it may not be directly associated with them. not sure why or how. There is even some music from a game that will instantly put me into a state where I feel like I am in a previous life and this reality is the dream. When the song ends however the experience ends. But like I said.. its not like the music that triggers that feeling could be normally related to that time frame it just acts as a device to open that memory up. somehow.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yes, these things have happened to me before, and they still continue to happen. Recently, i have been listening to a lot of old music, and i am understanding the lyrics a little more. Mudvayne seems to be VERY political when it comes to The New World Order and the popularity being born into sleep. I used to think artist wrote only songs about women, but now i can understand how they speak of life and their relationship and feelings towards her. I strongly believe John Mayer's Continuum album has a deep meaning to it too.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
Most definitely.

Mostly certain sounds and certain melodies trigger some very heavy sensations that "this is ancient" and "I've been here before". Nostalgic reactions are different, these feelings feel like they have something to do with cellular memory or the Akashic records. Who knows, I don't really know what to make out of it, but it's weird.
Yes this is precisely what I am talking about! I might have to try an experiment of trying to meditate with different types of music playing and see what results come of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Music seems to allow us to use our brains mentally and emotionally at the same time, in a 3-D kind of way. This involves both hemispheres of the brain, the cortex, the temporal lobes, and the limbic system. There is processing going on across the up/down axis of the brain as well as on the side to side axis, and the front/back axis. It seems to me that to those of us who love music, it is a whole brain kind of phenomenon. It allows us to access our consciousness more fully. Those who don't care much for music are missing out on a lot. The range of human emotions and experience are rich sources for memories and ideas. Hmm...I think I'll put on some CDs today!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I think I see what you mean.
As a musician and songwriter myself, this can be a nightmare for me as I'm never quite sure if my latest masterpiece has been written by someone else who I've just forgotten about.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Most defiantly so. Certain music, movies, and even thoughts from reading or talking can sometimes trigger past life events.

top topics

join