It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Hobbit" pushed back until Dec 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The movie "The Hobbit" has had its release date pushed back until December 2012, with no mention of "The Hobbit 2" (will probably be released the year after that).

www.cinematical.com...

MGM is having financial troubles and Warner Brothers is one of the interested partners (they own the library up til the 1980s) who want to purchase the rights of this film and the James Bond franchise.

Good news though: Batman 3 and a new Superman film are planned in the time frame.

Edited to add:

From what I have been reading, a script is ready for the project. The only problems are the legal ones and the release could be moved up if they resolve the issues.

Corrected the error found on IMDB, as the film is scheduled to be released on December 2012, not 2013.

www.imax.com...

[edit on 4/28/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oop!

Looks like we won't get to see it!

:shk:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Error on IMDB's part on the release dates. It seems that it will be on December 2012, just before the world ends.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I hope the new Batman is of the Christian Bale variety...was a good revival of the series.

I think Brandon Routh absolutely channelled Christopher Reeves in Superman Returns...just wasn't crazy about Mr. Truth & Justice having a baby out of wedlock...a little anti-character there...and, Lois should have been dating a creep, not a hero....to facilitate the reunion of the two...

Am I the only one who now has "The Greatest Adventure..." song stuck in his head, from the animated "Hobbit"...???

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

From what I have read, all the persons involved with the Batman Begins and The Dark Knight will be back so the movie should be of good quality. Also, Chris Nolan will be working on the new Superman movie in some capacity, either as a writer, producer or director (or some or all).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think Routh did a great job as Superman and I loved the movie.
Now that they've laid the foundation, I'd like to see the next Superman be a little more intense.

As far as The Hobbit goes, the movies have obviously been extremely successful, but for some reason I just can't get into them. I'm kind of indifferent on the whole Tolkien thing.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh man, not The Hobbit, I just hope it comes out before the 21st, maybe will be able to downolad it off the internet a few weeks before its release. Maybe the last big movie coming out before the end....
Or, nothing happens and we will all see The Hobbit 2!! And in 4D, like I heard from guillermo del toro!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ever see his movie "Pan's Labyrinth"?

I dragged my wife to go see it in theaters (way before the Oscar hype)...and she looked at me like I was on crack...(it's subtitled if you didn't know...filmed in Spanish)...

And...yo hablo espanol un poco....muy malo

Of course, there were only like 4 other people even in there...

Great film though...
(and very indicative of his other, more recognized work later)...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Looking forward to the Batman and Superman sequels. I totally digged on Bale's portayal of Mr. Bats. Had me convinced. As for Mr. Red and Blue, I loved it. Can't wait for more.

Jode...que buen tabaco! I love that line from Pan's Labryinth. Great movie.

As for the Hobbit...can't wait to see it. It should be interesting. I've had that itch to see the animated Hobbit. I think I'll watch it today (NetFlix here I come)!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I really liked Pan's Labyrinth and wrote about it in the movies recently watched thread. Batman 3's release date is now July 20, 2012. No exact date for the Hobbit yet (or part two).

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Hobbit 2? I thought there was only one Hobbit story.

As for Batman 3, Yes!
I like Supes returns, but have not been able to watch it more than once, it's a bit of a Bore fest, yes he plays Reeves well, but it's superman i'm after.
Nolan on Superman, cool, make sure it's deep enough to add Bats into the third film.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

The Hobbit is being broken into two parts and filmed back to back. The makers do not want to edit any part of the story. It was always planned as a two part movie.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We have to wait so long for the Hobbit? I can 't wait, I think it is the greatest book of them all.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

OH GREAT! Well, hopefully it will be released BEFORE the 21st so we can see it before Nibiru strikes and kills us all!

top topics

join