It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to challenge AZ law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) -- A federal court challenge to a new Arizona law aimed at curbing illegal immigration isn't out of the question, Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday.

source: www.cnn.com...

As a legal immigrant I'm confused why the Feds would not want to enforce the law?

What am I missing?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, they do not support it because it takes away a base for them. Both sides use illegal immigration as political selling points, political fodder and votes.

By actually bearing and using the teeth of the law, the State basically has also stepped up to the Federal Government for failing to follow the Constitution to provide for common defense. Now, I know there is not an invasion or war going on in Arizona, but yet there is. The State is being forced to handcuff itself and cater to people that have broken the law of the United States of America and reward them for doing so.

So you start to take away the cookie from the politicians and also stand up to the Central Government, you get some really pissed off people....

Funny to note: After reasonable suspicion, i.e. you are either breaking the law, given authorities reason to believe you are about to break the law or are caught in the act the following below will be accepted to prove your citizenry of this nation....

1. A valid Arizona driver license.
2. A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.
3. A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.
4. If the entity requires proof of legal presence in the United States before issuance, any valid United States federal, state or local government issued identification.

Seems like standard operating procedure to me as it is now, just authority has been given to the officer to boot the people out of the State that are illegally there.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Simply put; the feds do not want to enforce the law because this law would benefit the citizens. When the citizens are not afraid or worried, the PTB lose control and influence over them. Restoring the Republic should be the main priority. SHOULD, but isn't and will never be.

That's why we need to play a roll in government, and start on local and state levels. AZ is the perfect example of how we can take back the United States from the crooks from the bottom up. Heck, we would not even have to turn on a MSM channel to get a twisted, warped, fronted version of reality; just address our problems locally and truthfully.

If this case does make it to the supreme court at some point in time, which I am sure it will, all eyes will be on the judicial branch. Any supreme "justice" who claims this bill unconstitutional is obviously anti American and does not understand the concept of the constitution.

I don't care what kind of legal "loophole" someone can find to explain away a judges wrong decision; such a decision would not need to be explained away, only corrected.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
AZ was smart when they did this law. Not for the fact of racial profiling, but for the fact that the rest of america now knows what is going on. Now the federal government has to step in and admit that there is a problem and it needs to be fixed.

So the law may be repeled and the federal government now has to do something. Either one make stricter laws preventing illegal immigrants from coming in to the US. Or now is their chance to do the whole North American Union thing people are talking about.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is once again going to bring up the old issue of states rights vs. federal authority, a debate that has been going on for a long time.

Here's a short article regarding that issue:

www.ehow.com...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by manta78]

new topics

top topics

join