It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where did everyone come up with their login names?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
AegisFang this thread should of been put in chitchat. Your original post and subject line are not a intro, but a request to know what peoples nicknames mean. You should start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself. This thread is gonna end up with more views and posts then Williams, he's not gonna like it

Are there any "real" mods around

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fantastic_Damage
My mouthful of a user name is also the title of an extremely twisted ip-hop album by El-P, founder of Def-Jux records.

Tho it probably means nothing to u guys anyway.

I actually knew this
El-P kicks ass

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Cannible ox kicks ass too

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by Osobad28]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well...mine is highly unoriginal...but its a user-name I've had on many forums for years...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My login name came from Star Trek: TNG. "Imzadi" means "beloved" in Betazoid. It is what Cmdr. Riker called Deanna Troi.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
QUICKSILVER

I am obsessed with Quiksilver surf wear. And i love there symbol. So when i was creating a SN for AIM i didnt want to have a issue of copyrightinfringement on my hands so i decided to pick up the C. That was bout 5 years ago and its stuck. Im now alsways refered to as quicksilver or Quicky. So if you ever see someone online named quicksilver it might just be me

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The day I signed up, I had one hell of a hangover. What a story eh? I love cider, especially French cider, but I hate the after effects.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Illmatic is the greatest hip-hop album of all time.
67 is for the 67th floor on the Empire State Building, don't ask why.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Motorcross- The Greatest Sport On Earth

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Back in 73 when I was a senior in high school I had a buddy who had a really bad plan to meet girls. He would put on this fake german accent and introduce himself to girls as "Baron von Groingrinder" and tell them he was from Germany and had become lost. He would also ask them if they could drive him around in their car so he could get his bearings, all the time talking in this obviously fake German accent. Much to the chagrin of me and my buddies this guy began to get chicks, even more amazingly they stuck around when they found out he was such a fake. Everybody in my circle of friends got a healthy laugh out of his antics. So in the spirit of innocent fun I have appropriated the name "groingrinder" so that I can spread the laughter.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well .... I came up with mine cuz I got banned and decided to come back as someone anonymous ... of course *someone*
saw me for who I was right away and I didn't even know it then ... I thought I pulled a good and easy fast one!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
nos= first letters of Novus Ordo Seclorum (New World Order) tw stands for their watching hehe i needed to add something els to three letters right

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Agaisnt popular beleive I din't get my name from Diablo (the games) Nor am I a satanic worshipper, and I aint pathetic enough to think using the name Diablo is cool.
All I can say on one faithfull day my game Need For Speed asked me to take a name. And the Lamborghini Diablo being my favorite car and all I picked that. And ive ben using it ever since.

I'm happy to say it's my first and only nick

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Nans is simply my first surname. It comes from the south of france and means Sheperdess (?) in Occitan.

DESMICHELS is the name of the orphan center I was adopted, in the alps.

My second surname is MICHELLE, so I made a web-identity about that :

Nans DESMICHELS...

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I was born this way.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
My name has been with me for years now, as I was first a widow when I was 18 yrs old!

Ive always worn black (black lace as well) and sadly the name suck, even more so after my 3rd husband died!

blackwidow

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wagner's "The Ring of the Nibelung" (der Ring des Nibelungen).

More precisely Valhalla (but I like the shortened version better - and there are personally reason) is the castle of the gods and fallen heroes.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Its my Dj name ( another dj gave it to me when I was playing one night he asked if I had a name I said nope he said what's your name I said Kris he said KrisKaos I liked it ever since

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Mine's not the game, it's my name. I used to go by pacpisces around the year 2000 on the old ATS board, but decided to go simpler.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Since I take Spanish as one of my subjects I figured I'd mess around with words at translation2.paralink.com...
I typed in 'underling' to translate in Spanish and got 'subalterno' and changed it from being masculine to feminine, changing the 'o' to 'a.' I figured it would make an alright SN being that underling means " a person in a subordinate posistion; inferior, usually contemptuous or disparaging." (I hate definitions that cause you to look up more words
) Anyways it seemed to fit me well... nothing special really.

[Edited on 9-6-2003 by subalterna]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join