It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Prepared . GOV Commercials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just saw a .GOV commercial this morning. The family inside their home lost gravity and were floating around. They managed to grab each other and their survival bag??? What in the world are they trying to prepare us for??

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

Had a quick look... FEMA I think (I'm English, what do I know
)

www.ready.gov...

Link to floating videos

www.ready.gov...

Here are the pages for Kids...

www.ready.gov...

Edit to add: Looking at the kit, it seems a 3 days supply of food, fully covering clothes and face masks are quite an integral part of the kit
I am sure survival experts will be able to define how generic (or not) this kit is..

Also on list is travellers Cheques, so do Americans use them when traveling inside America?? (again I'm English and have no idea)

[edit on 27/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The government are the biggest fearmongers of all.
BE PREPARED for that!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
That's some excellent piece of fear mongering government propaganda.

I wish I could add a second line, but this video made me too sick for further comments.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I have no doubt about that.. all govs like to fear monger.. Mine is great at it.. I was right next to the Grand hotel in Brighton (England) when it was blown up (with the UK gov inside) and they did not over react and fear monger like the bunch of ## we have in power now.. *shakes head in despair at the world we live in"

Still interesting site.. could gleem a few things of what they are planning by the kits they want people to hold.. travellers cheques seems an interesting one for an American to need.. Do Americans USE travelers cheques in America??

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Well when an actual attack happens they are preaching calm and patience. Stay in doors and wait for further information. In the mean time they say get ready to bug the hell out, be ready to run at a moment's notice. I think its the left hand/right hand thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, Its TORNADO season in most of the US right now.
Just look at what happened in Mississippi several days ago.

I live in Ohio and I am prepared for several days without the usual resources in the event of such a devastating disaster here.

With any hope, my family and I can ride out a storm in our basement.

Edit to add:
Hurricane season is also just around the corner.
Prepare now before its too late.
Listen to the warnings and learn from the idiots in New Orleans who didn't.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Well when an actual attack happens they are preaching calm and patience. Stay in doors and wait for further information. In the mean time they say get ready to bug the hell out, be ready to run at a moment's notice. I think its the left hand/right hand thing.

The travellers cheque part has me interested.. that seems rather out of place to be honest.

I've run a few DR and BC projects across Europe and found the approach used would ramp up the fear than the system could cope with if something did happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Well, Its TORNADO season in most of the US right now.
Just look at what happened in Mississippi several days ago.

I live in Ohio and I am prepared for several days without the usual resources in the event of such a devastating disaster here.

With any hope, my family and I can ride out a storm in our basement.

Edit to add:
Hurricane season is also just around the corner.
Prepare now before its too late.
Listen to the warnings and learn from the idiots in New Orleans who didn't.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jibeho]

I quite agree, I was/am interested in how this is being sold on the Busines side..

As a Project manager I have rolled out a number of DR (Disaster Recovery) and BC (Business Continuety) plans across Europe...

The standard way of doing these projects is to work on what is common for the area, power cut (outage) flood or flu outbreak, rolling the plans up to dealing with severe weather events, but they are always wrapped in a generic plan.. simply becuase you can not say what will happen.

So terrorists strikes don't usually enter into this type of planning since the plans will be in place albeit generically to deal with it.

Bringing in terrorism for me appears as needless extra worry for people to deal with..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This was definitely not a tornado commercial. They sort of earily lifted off the floor in slow motion along with other objects. Nothing was broken. When they got to the front door to leave, they were shrunken or their door, was 3X too large. Then the commercial ended. It put me in mind of some scientific expirement gone wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with fear mongering in way that people assume. Nothing to do with attacks etc etc. Basically, people are ignorant, distracted and don't pay attention to what is happening around them nowadays.

Like I said before, it is natural disaster season in the US and people should have some fear. Fear is good. Fear makes someone alert. Fear will inspire someone to prepare. Learn from the mistakes made in New Orleans!!!!! THose people ignored the warnings and the evacuation orders. They actually thought the govt. would rescue them before the storm.

In the event of any disaster you are responsible for yourself and your family.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" - Ben Franklin.

That quote can be applied to any situation.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
This was definitely not a tornado commercial. They sort of earily lifted off the floor in slow motion along with other objects. Nothing was broken. When they got to the front door to leave, they were shrunken or their door, was 3X too large. Then the commercial ended. It put me in mind of some scientific expirement gone wrong.

The dialog in the commercial basically said Dont let a disaster turn you upside down. Hence the floating and spinning. Disasters can cause panic and disorientation. Be prepared. It's simple!!! It's not some gravity experiment gone wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The point is that those area prone to natural disaters will be preparing for those things, those who do not prepare now are not going to prepare..

Ok so first paragraph of the Business section...

How quickly your company can get back to business after a terrorist attack, a tornado, a fire, or a flood often depends on emergency planning done today. While the Department of Homeland Security is working hard to prevent terrorist attacks, the lessons of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks demonstrate the importance of being prepared.

It then goes on to mention natural disasters..

In all honesty, as I said you can eliminate the whole terrorist bit from DR and BC planning.. the odds of it happening are so minute that you do not need to include those threats directly in your plans.

What you do make sure is that your plans are scaleable.. for example, you do not plan for a swine flu pandemic, you simply plan for a normal flu season that takes out half your staff in one location.. then scale those plans up if a pandemic hits.

So I see no need to reference all the major terrorist incidents that have happened in the US to reinforce being prepared, the first paragraph should be about all the natural disasters.. and since it is not, it that aspect that I feel is the needless fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have to say, I do not understand the purpose except for the spending of money.

I am from the Midwest here in the US. Anyone growing up or that has lived in these areas knows what to do in the case of Natural Disasters.

Now I cannot speak for the big cities, we have seen what people do in large cities when SHTF. I am thinking chicken little here.

I have been in two tornado situations. One I was building a wood framed pole style commercial building for a fire department.

Tornado overhead and people calmly drove onto my site and pulled inside the building. It was actually quite funny, the people were more worried about their vehicles than themselves.

Notice the calm and collected attitude this spring on the Red River. People were calmly and collectively sandbagging and prepping for floods.

What was the MSM and government doing? Fear mongering, OH NOES FLOODING! They are the chicken littles. They need to do this to make people think they are needed. It is SOP for governments to make the people feel nothing but the government will save you.

SOP of the governments and their propaganda wing the MSM.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

I must watch different things, I never saw a .gov commercial, as far as I know.

I wonder how much they paid to have some advertising firm make it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Fear mongering?

Is there something wrong with being prepared??

We Americans get so complacent with the BS distraction we call life. A little shock to the system is probably a good thing!

I have volunteered for CERT and trying to get into the emergency communications area also (guess I am on the dark side now). Everything I am learning is basically be prepared. 3 days worth of supplies should really be 1 to 4 weeks depending on the disaster. the online fema course I find rather informative, kinda an inside look at how the emergency services are suppose to work together.

do any of you know what emergency services will be doing in the event of a major disaster????? I sure didn't!!!

My fellow humans, you are going to be on your own for days if not weeks!!! Just look at the latest disasters....within days the good citizens are preying on each other instead of helping. Then their attention turns to those that care enough to help and they prey on them.

Instead of being overly concerned about conspiracy, get prepared!! I don't want you at my damaged doorstep trying to kill me for a bottle of water..............

new topics

top topics

join