It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Poverty Law Center Publishes Patriot Hit List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Southern Poverty Law Center Publishes Patriot Hit List

newswithviews.com

In a report on its web site dated April 2010, entitled "Meet The Patriots," the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) profiled "36 individuals at the heart of the resurgent [patriot] movement." (In reading the list, I counted only 35 "patriots" and 5 "enablers" for a total of 40. I'm not really sure how the SPLC came up with "36." Perhaps their ability to count is commensurate with their ability to appreciate patriotism and liberty.) The SPLC (founded by Morris Dees) sees itself as America's guardian against "right wing militias" and loves to label conservatives and libertarians tha
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How can members of congress be on an anti-government list. This is the SPLC though. As the article states, however sad it may be, the SPLC is becoming the government's little militia watching, patriot hating, lapdog. Not a good thing, IMO. If things start happening to people on that list will any investigation into the SPLC be done by our government? I think not.

newswithviews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Lets see here.

13. Alex Jones
37. Glenn Beck
39. Andrew Napolitano
40. Ron Paul

Looks to me like this is just a politically motivated attack. Having nothing to do with anything else.

He just hates the "right", because he is the "left".

It's all junk. This list is worthless.

The SPLC has 0 credibility.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What the heck was that? I thought it was a discussion of the SPLC list, but instead it's the crazy rantings of a man spreading fear about secret government lists of people to arrest during national emergencies. The bit at the end about the left leaning fear mongers was a bit ironic after a whole page of fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Written by the #1 man on the list!
This guy called Bush and Cheney too liberal and he sympathizes with the guy who ran his airplane into the IRS building.

Oh, yes, let me read what HE has to say!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It looks like the common denominator amongst their picks is anti-globalism. Just why is the SPLC so hot for a one-world government is the question of the day.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Did anyone actually go read the SPLC document? It can be found

HERE

Their so-called "'Patriot' Movement Timeline" on page 6 was truly awful---one extremist example after another. More paint on the brush being used to color anyone who believes in limited government, states rights, etc etc as at best fringe lunatics and at worst as domestic terrorists. Does this kind of stuff really influence public perception?

new topics

top topics

join