It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Treasury Is Taking Online Donations To Pay Down The Debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Check this out
www.businessinsider.com...

They are actually asking for donations to pay down the impossible debt that will never get paid down. Where does that money go? With the rest of our money or in a special place at the treasury guarded by Timothy Geithner himself? They take half of what we have at least then ask us to give more volunterally.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, there is no chance at all that I would send one thin dime to them for any reason.

Shoot, I don't even want to give them the taxes they say I "owe" them.

Long story short, screw em. Screw all of em.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I don't even know where to start! Is this Obama's idea - just like how he raised all of that money for his campaign?

Rather than asking for donations, how about we CUT SPENDING!?!?!?!?

This government will see neither a dime of my money nor a drop of my blood!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I suppose if someone were to pass out a copy of the page linked in the OP at the next "Raise our Taxes" event, the U.S. Treasury will find itself swamped with donations. Sarcasm mode off.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I'm not going to go digging for the info.....
this reminded me of the guy that won a major lottery.
He took 100 k for himself "if I remember correctly" and donated the rest of the 47 mil...or so to the national debt.
The funny part was that it only paid the interest for a grand total of like 22 seconds....just the interest.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

hmmm.....I would love to donate but I think that the US Government should be audited first to account for every cent spent in the last 30 years (the findings should be published for all the voters in this country to see - after all we are their employers). I also think that all politicians who owe taxes should immediately be banded from the senate and the house and be ineligible for reelection until their debt to the country is paid in full. When these two items are addressed in full....I will consider donating money to pay down the national debt.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

WOW

The guy should have demanded a tax exemption from all taxes.

what a joke this is indeed, hey throw your money in The Bottomless Pitt where our demons can burn it.

Got to keep the fire burning.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

"I also think that all politicians who owe taxes should immediately be banded from the senate and the house and be ineligible for reelection until their debt to the country is paid in full."

I love this idea!!! Although rather than banding them ( with a financial lap band), perhaps it would be better to ban them from public office....

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The best part? (OMG, I need some air) They take Credit Cards! Wheesh! So now you can pay down the public debt with a credit card from a bank which took bailout funds.

The bank will charge you interest -pause- to lend you your money you involuntarily gave them in the bailout -pause- to give more money to the Treasury -pause- which is now run by a former employee of the bank -pause- to cover the cost of the bailout -pause- which was initially orchestrated by the bank.

If you need a diagram here's a hint: it's a circle with all the money arrows pointing away from you.

new topics

top topics

join