It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona vandals smear swastika made of refried beans into Capitol doors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

You know what? I am aware that what you are doing here. You are making this a race issue. It's not..sorry..won't play that game.

This IS a race issue. The bill allows them to RACIALLY profile people they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. It is a race issue. You think those that wrote the bill had illegal European immigrants in mind. I thought discrimination against someone based on race or nationality was against the constitution..and i'm speaking of the LEGAL US citizens. Pardon the language, but this is bull# plain and simple.

"Oh i'm sorry, you look Hispanic so i need to see your papers. What? You don't have them? Then off to jail for you!". A US citizen regardless of skin color or nationality shouldn't have to walk around with two forms of ID to prove they are a citizen. Going to the gas station, bring your paper work. Shopping for groceries, yup bring your paperwork. Hell an officer can knock on your door and ask for your paperwork. What offends me the most is folks saying this kind of legislation is good! WTF! It's okay to racially profile people! Sounds like some people need a taste of their own medicine..and see if they can take it as well as they can give it.

Where does the line stop then huh? Why not lookup the link on ATS of that truck driver..oh wait here it is!. When someone asks what's wrong with this bill, that thread is all i'm going to say.

If a cop asks for my "papers" i'm going to tell him to quite frankly kiss my kister! I'll probably go to jail, but i'm prepared for that and i'm fully prepared to take on the whole damn system, because it sucks.

Also just like i said earlier, "it's all good as long as it doesn't affect me". And that is what it boils down too..do whatever you can, as long as it don't affect me. I'm not going to be racially profiled as an illegal immigrate so i don't care what laws go into affect, that's the attitude those folks in Arizona have. They're tired of looking at them, so they found a way to kick them out..was that in the American dream? Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...as long as you meet certain racial requirements.

I know that legal, brown skinned people in Arizona are going to get stopped for no damn reason. I wish it was easier to tell who was illegal there, but the typical description for a male or female would be the same. Sorry. Same if they were looking for a 6 foot 1 average looking blonde dude. All in a certain area would be stopped. That's how this sort of thing works.

Then stop every damn person. If you can't or won't, then it shouldn't be done, period. If cops were stopping EVERYONE regardless of color, then it would be a different issue, but it's not.

I'm just waiting for Arizona to start burning books, because that's what it looks like where it's going.

But it doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what you up there in North Carolina think. It's what Arizona thinks. And they think this law is A-Ok. So let them live the way they want to. After all, isn't that what America is about? Allowing their CITIZENS to live the way they wish?

Yea your right. But San Fran thinks that law is crappy and is currently working on cutting ALL business ties to Arizona and i think everyone needs to do the exact same thing. Saw it CNN today (yea i know, CNN :lol

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC

Calderon is calling this a violation of human rights. Does that mean Mexico officially is accusing the United States of crimes against humanity?

Yet what does Mexico do to "illegal" immigrants in their nation? They make it a felony to enter Mexico illegally...thats what they do.

Mexico is only bitching about this because the remittance that illegals send back home helps prop up the mexican economy.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

This IS a race issue. The bill allows them to RACIALLY profile people they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. It is a race issue. You think those that wrote the bill had illegal European immigrants in mind. I thought discrimination against someone based on race or nationality was against the constitution..and i'm speaking of the LEGAL US citizens. Pardon the language, but this is bull# plain and simple.

The bill states that if the officer has reasonable suspicion that the person is illegal he must verify his immigration status...

Its a good thing your not a cop, you would only look at the color of the suspects skin to determine his status right? I mean that really is the only way to tell, correct?

Also the cop cant just stop you because you look mexican...You have to be detained for some other valid reason and then provide the officer with a legitimate reason to suspect that you are here illegally!!!!

What the hell is wrong with that?????

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

You make a good point. People that do not read what was actually passed think that all of the police officers are going to be running around asking every single person that looks Mexican for papers when that is simply not the case.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What I have not seen discussed, in this thread, is the portion of the law pertaining to employers.

An employer shall not knowingly employ an unauthorized alien. If, in the case when an employer uses a contract, subcontract or other independent contractor agreement to obtain the labor of an alien in this state, the employer knowingly contracts with an unauthorized alien or with a person who employs or contracts with an unauthorized alien to perform the labor, the employer violates this subsection.

Are those in opposition, of the law, equally averse to this segment? If so, why?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois

Originally posted by cenpuppie

The bill states that if the officer has reasonable suspicion that the person is illegal he must verify his immigration status...

Its a good thing your not a cop, you would only look at the color of the suspects skin to determine his status right? I mean that really is the only way to tell, correct?

Also the cop cant just stop you because you look mexican...You have to be detained for some other valid reason and then provide the officer with a legitimate reason to suspect that you are here illegally!!!!

What the hell is wrong with that?????

Ask any brown or black person, from any social class, what the police are really like. You may have a few that administer their duties in an ethical fashion, but the majority will do whatever they feel expedient or in accordance with their own beliefs. I had three cops in the family including my son. Racial profiling will be practiced...count on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Arizona vandals smear swastika made of refried beans into Capitol doors

Calderon is calling this a violation of human rights. Does that mean Mexico officially is accusing the United States of crimes against humanity? Why use the beans? That part smells a little fishy. I do not disagree with this law. Yes, there are police, who I am not a fan of, asking for papers just like the nazis did, but there is sound reasoning behind it; it's not a eugenics thing. We have people who everyday enter our country illegaly and they are causing problems for the citizens. This law protects citizens.

You realize that beans don't smell like fish don't you?
I guess you aren't familiar with Mexican food. Tucson is the Mexican food capital of the world (according to Eric Sevaried anyway). But the Capital building is in Phoenix; they were protesting the lousy Mexican food in Phoenix.

OK, I'll get serious now.

This law is racist, perverse, and unconstitutional. Are we turning into South Africa with its 'pass laws' or the Soviet Union with its internal passports?

How can be tolerated by the ultra-conservative/libertarian/tea-bag set who are continually spouting off about how the Constitution is being violated. I'm sick of those hypocrites.

Illegal migrants are in the Arizona to work, not be arrested and deported. Why would they do something to draw the attention of law enforcement?

Illegal migrants actually commit MUCH less crime than those who are in Arizona legally. Overall violent crime in Arizona is has declined sharply in recent years, much faster than in the rest of the country where there is much less of an illegal immigration 'problem'.

Source

It's no surprise that Arizonans resent the recent influx of unauthorized foreigners, some of them criminals. But there is less here than meets the eye.

The state has an estimated 460,000 illegal immigrants. But contrary to myth, they have not brought an epidemic of murder and mayhem with them. Surprise of surprises, the state has gotten safer.

Over the last decade, the violent crime rate has dropped by 19 percent, while property crime is down by 20 percent. Crime has also declined in the rest of the country, but not as fast as in Arizona.

Truth is, illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than native Americans. Most come here to work, and in their desire to stay, they are generally afraid to do anything that might draw the attention of armed people wearing badges.

El Paso, Texas, is next door to the exceptionally violent Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, and easily accessible to illegal entry. Yet it is one of the safest cities in the United States.

In 2007, scholars Ruben Rumbaut and Walter Ewing investigated the issue for the Immigration Policy Center and concluded that "if immigrants suddenly disappeared and the country became immigrant-free (and illegal-immigrant free), crime rates would likely increase."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by rnaa]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

Do you carry your birth certificate around with you? Your passport? Does a drivers license prove you are in the country legally?

I am a US citizen (born in Detroit, raised in Arizona) and have a driver's license from Victoria Australia. When I go home to visit family, and am, say driving my sister's car, how do I prove I am there legally if I get stopped for running a red light or having a cracked tail light?

I mean, a foreign driver's license, not my car, a bag of steaming take-away tamales on the passenger seat, fluffy dice hanging off the rear view mirror, sandals on my feet. What could possibly be more 'suspicious' than that?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

i say the exact same thing. heres some facts for everyone to ingest:

If u cross the north Korean border illegally u get 12 years hard labor...if u cross Iranian border illegally u get detained indefinitly....cross the Afghan border u get shot ....cross the Saudi border u will be jailed .....cross the Chinese border u will never be heard from again....cross the Venezuelan border u will b branded a spy and your fate sealed...cross the Cuban border u will b thrown n prison to rot.....however ..cross the U.S. border illegally...u get a job, a drivers license, a social security card, welfare benefits, food stamps, credit cards, subsidized rent or a loan to buy a new house, free education, free healthcare, the right to vote, and all without speaking a word of english.....makes ya think a little bit huh? If you agree with this forward to everyone you know who in one way or another pays for these people to live in OUR country.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i believe if you want to reside in this country enough, then tucking in some papers in your wallet isnt that damn difficult. im already sick of all the pathetic bitching. shut the # up and carry your papers. if you all can carry around lawn equipment you can carry papers, well wait, NOT IF YOUR ILLEGAL, SO GET THE # OUT

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING THEM SAY ITS A VIOLATION OF "HUMAN RIGHTS". NO ONE IS GETTING HURT!! THEY CAME FROM MEXICO, SO WE SHIP THEM BACK TO MEXICO. THE NEXT DAY THEY'RE BACK IN OUR COUNTRY AGAIN ANYWAY. SO ALL YOU BLEEDING HEARTS SCREAMING HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION, JUST SHUT THE F U C K UP.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteboynolan

Well, if that wasn't a fair spewing of nasty nonsense then I must be mistaken.

You are a very good example of a few things:

1) Someone with a complete misunderstanding of the reality on the ground.
2) Someone who lacks of appreciation for how the economy of this country has worked historically and why cheap labor isn't a bad thing (unless you are in a service/consumption nation like these days) and could be a good thing.
3) One that knows our immigration policy is broken seriously but has no real practical ideas on a solution
4) One that things deporting that many people would be a good idea rather than to create another "War on fill-in-the-blank" failure.
5) Someone who is angry, has no specific direction, so you aim it at Washington AND the immigrants, but really only come off as bigoted with no principled views
6) One who has not critically examined what options you might come up with, but have, rather, embraced the nonsensical side between two foolish options the media has presented you with.

If you don't want to be the poster child for everything we should ignore, scorn, shun, ridicule, and utterly dismiss as a complete nonentity, I'd suggest you calm down, think it through, and come up with some solutions you are able to speak to AND support when questioned/opposed.

Otherwise you might be better off taking your own advise before you get banned for doing everything wrong.

Peace
KJ

[edit on 27-4-2010 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
You know what- it smacks of a set up. Its the kind of thing some racists would do to garner support for their cause.

Someone has thought "this will look like the mexicans did it if we do it in refried beans"

Which is, actually, just dumb stupid.

Just my take on it mind. Worth thinking about though.

Not that I'm saying that people who want to limit immigration are racists. What I'm saying is this particular act has probably been carried out by some, because the way it has been done is too dumbly obvious

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

Originally posted by devildogUSMC

Calderon is calling this a violation of human rights. Does that mean Mexico officially is accusing the United States of crimes against humanity?

Yet what does Mexico do to "illegal" immigrants in their nation? They make it a felony to enter Mexico illegally...thats what they do.

Mexico is only bitching about this because the remittance that illegals send back home helps prop up the mexican economy.

Amazing how people against the AZ law continually ignore the facts you just posted. This is exactly why I told the mexican government to STFU in a previous post.

Anyone against this AZ bill have enough cojones to ask or discuss what would happen to a light complexioned person that wanted to move to mexico - for economic reasons (lower living costs, etc.) - without going through legal channels?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
Do you carry your birth certificate around with you? Your passport? Does a drivers license prove you are in the country legally?

If I am legallly entering another country, why yes I have carried my Passport, license and other documents with me at all times. I've done that in 27 countries. Never once did I feel my personal rights were being abused by me having to carrying them. Try being in East Germany (when It was around) without your "Papers" then you'd get the picture. I've gotten searched by border guards with machine guns and sniffing military dogs on a train before, damn straight I had my "papers". It's (carrying your paperwork) not that hard to do.

That's what you do when you are a welcomed guest in another country. If you are illegally in a country..............you are breaking the Law and need to suffer the consequences of that.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

well thank you for your reply. i am actually non of those things that you accused me of being. i have very sensible plans of action over what they are putting into place. i am not angry, i like that mexicans come over to work jobs that americans dont want to do. im not mad about any of that, but you said i dont know how our economy works. well i know when they come here, earn OUR money, and send it back to mexico, i know that weakens our economy and strenthens theirs. thats great that they can support their family back in mexico,i support that, but on a large scale, a national scale, an economic scale, it is not good, especially with how fragile we are right now. and as far as me not "being on the ground" i live in the ghetto with my ENTIRE hood being mexicans. ive probally got myself deeper into "reality" than you.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

P.S. jethro, i live in glendale arizona, i live the problem more than virgianians can understand.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join