It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Council 33rd degree, 33 active members at a time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The government of the Scottish Rite In Canada resides in the Supreme Council 33 which selects and elects its own membership. It is composed of Sovereign Grand Inspectors-General 33, Active members, (not exceeding 33 in number) and Past Active members (without vote). Associated with them are Honorary Inspectors General 33, distinguished brethren selected for their service to the Scottish Rite, to Freemasonry, to their country, or to humanity.

This is taken from Supreme Council 33rd degree Canada

I did not know until a freind of mine that is a Freemason told me that there can only be 33 members of the 33rd degree at a time.

I did a little research and found that here in Canada, the Supreme Council (33rd degree) is comprised of only 33 members, and someone has to die before that their position is filled.

I found this very interesting. Apparently if you do a search on the Supreme Councils across the world, they do limit their membership as well to certain numbers.

The 33rd degree members in the Supreme Council here in Canada must be a very elite few that have devoted a lot of time and effort into Freemasonry to be given that title and honor.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
From what I understand is that there are only 33 active members of the Council, but there are others who are 33rd and they are honorary members.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
From what I understand is that there are only 33 active members of the Council, but there are others who are 33rd and they are honorary members.

That is correct. There are many Scottish Rite Masons who hold the 33°, but each Supreme Council has at most 33 "Active Members", which are voting members. All other 33° Masons are honorary members of the Supreme Council (non-voting).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
yea, on the degree team I am part of there are 7 33rds that show up on a regular basis and a few others that have in the past. All from just my area. (two districts) Is there a list of current 33rds anywhere per state? I know they list each years KCCH and 33rds on a site for NC, But I don't remember the link.

new topics

top topics

join