It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military suffers major defeat in Korengal Valley, forced to retreat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A search on this produced not a thing, so here goes...

U.S. military suffers major defeat in Korengal Valley, forced to retreat

PSL, April 22, 2010

U.S. soldiers, Afghans dying so that Pentagon can avoid appearance of defeat

The U.S. military has retreated from a base in the remote Korengal Valley, Afghanistan, after spending over four years trying to hold the ground. The U.S. forces even negotiated the terms of their defeat, paying the resistance fighters and leaving them the base fully intact with buildings, fuel, generators and military equipment, in order to be allowed a peaceful retreat out of the valley.

The corporate media and, for the most part, the Pentagon brass have framed the forced retreat from the "Valley of Death" as a "shift" in strategy. This so-called shift has been eye-opening for the soldiers and marines who have lost friends and shed blood in the mountains of Afghanistan, while forced to defend an outpost which U.S. military commanders have argued is "a remote backwater of limited strategic value."

Despite its "limited strategic value," a startling 42 U.S. troops have been killed there, hundreds have been wounded, and a disproportionate number of Afghan civilians have perished. One of the last soldiers to die there took his own life, unable to cope with the daily horrors of a hopeless mission.

uruknet.com...

Related:

German troops in Afghanistan call on Angela Merkel to explain why they're at war
Korengal Valley

I most certainly wish the Mainstream Media would start telling us the truth here, instead of doing the old Viet Nam thing and running a secret war, behind the scenes and far away from the cameras, while the cameras see only what they are supposed to see. I have been hearing some pretty hairy stories from soldiers returning from that particular war zone, stories of drug running and other other things in that vein. I think it past time to end these fake "war on terror" actions, and bring our troops home. This was has lasted longer than 'Nam, and for what end? What, exactly, as America won?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I do not know anything about this news
outlet; uruk.net, but I do know that your
claim of now MSM covering this story is
wrong.

This was all over NBC news days ago.
Richard Engel; their #1 war correspondent
for the last 8 years covered this base
extensively. The video that was shot and
shown to "the world" definately showed
U.S troops blowing the hell out of the place.

Every building was demolished. Also, unless
a unit is overrun it will never leave ammo
with the enemy. U.S military doctrine also
states that all landmines be recovered when
a unit leaves unless they are passing responsability
to another unit. (at least in my day).

Talk about propaganda. I would say that this
uruk.net should have been there when the U.S
left. They just might have come close to getting
the story right.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If this is wrong, I stand corrected. I got this in email from a friend who is serving in Afghanistan, he keep me up to date on what is really going on there. But, as I said, if I am wrong here, I stand corrected. However, a search using those terms produced 5,010 hits, here are some links running this story...

www.wishtv.com...

townhall.com...

article.wn.com...

www.fourwinds10.com...

And, using the search terms, "U.S. military losing in Afghanistan," I garnered these online news stories.

Afghan War Faltering, Military Leader Says

Obama says US is losing war in Afghanistan and hints at Taleban talks

101 GIs Killed; U.S. "Losing" Afghanistan?

U.S. military chief warns: We're losing out to the Taliban in Afghanistan

So, I guess NBC has it right, American soldiers are actually winning the war in Afghanistan, and they are the only ones that really tell the truth, so we should just believe them, and forget all other sources. Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I do not know if you were unsure of your
own thread title or just being disingenuous.

I never said that I got my news from the
Army. If I wanted to I could ask any ofthe
thousands of soldiers in my neighborhood
alone. Fort Campbell and the 101st Airborne
is about 6 miles from my front door.

More to the point, your OP was talking about
FOB Viper in the Korengai (sp) Valley. If
you wanted to talk about the entire Afganistan
area that should have been your lead in.

Don't refer to one dramatic title in an attempt
to get attention if you were referring to
something alot more broad.

Other than that I agree with you on some
aspects of your latter post. More than one
General; (McCrystal, Patreaus) have both said
at some point that the US could lose if
policy did not change.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think this is the video in which u seek

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Text NavyText

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We shouldn't have ever been in that place to begin with. It is at such a disadvantage strategic wise that whoever decided to put US soldiers there should be shot for treason.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I suppose they could fall back to a safe position and just nuke the site from orbit.
According to Ripley, "it's the only way to be sure".

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have plenty of posts bashing our corrupt Gov. but there's no way in he!! I believe this!
Before this would happen:

The U.S. military has retreated from a base in the remote Korengal Valley, Afghanistan, after spending over four years trying to hold the ground. The U.S. forces even negotiated the terms of their defeat, paying the resistance fighters and leaving them the base fully intact with buildings, fuel, generators and military equipment, in order to be allowed a peaceful retreat out of the valley.

They'd turn that place into Glass.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

They don't need to nuke it.

If they want it back they can easily get it. The hard part is defending that crappy piece of land. If the taliban wants it they can have it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
NO HOPENO HOPE

WAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO THAT OUR OWN TROOPS ARE BACKING DOWN ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE MEMBERS. WOW SEEMS LIKE IF THEY KEEP THIS UP WERE ONLY WAITING TO HERE FROM THE WORST
HOPE SOME ONE OUT THERE PICKS UP THERE TESTIS ,LOCK AND LOAD BUBS.
THE HELL WITH GIVING UP JUST STRATEGY AN PERSISTENCE IS THE KEY GOOD LUCK AND NICE POST DUDE

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
We here at home, are nothing but a audience watching and making opinions about what we hear and see. There is no way any of us can distinguish facts from fiction, unless we have a different active role in whats happening over there.

We can argue our sources to we drop. Still non of us can say for sure if we know whats going on.

top topics

join