It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Footage Of The Violent Clashes In Kyrgyzstan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

The Kyrgyz Republic, is a country in Central Asia. Landlocked and mountainous, it is bordered by Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest and China to the east.

On 6 April 2010, a demonstration in Talas by opposition leaders protested against government corruption and increased living expenses. The prote More..sts turned violent and spread nationwide. There were conflicting reports of Interior Minister Moldomusa Kongatiyev having been killed during this event. On 7 April 2010, protesters controlled the internal security headquarters (former KGB headquarters) and a state TV channel in the capital, Bishkek. Reports by Kyrgyzstan government officials indicate that at least 75 people have been killed and 458 hospitalized in bloody clashes with police in the capital.

Prime Minister Daniar Usenov has accused Russia of supporting these protests; meanwhile Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has denied this. Opposition members are also calling for the closing of the US controlled Manas Air Base. On 15 April 2010 Bakiyev left the country and flew to neighboring Kazakhstan, along with his wife and two children. The country's provisional leaders announced that Bakiyev signed a formal letter of resignation prior to his departure.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

These actions portrayed by the citizens, are the result of a oppressive regime.
LiveLeak’s statement above this video states, ” On 6 April 2010, a demonstration in Talas by opposition leaders protested against government corruption and increased living expenses.”
This sounds very familiar!
I’m sure Boxer, Pelosi and Feinstein will be sending their recommendations on further government control to the Kyrgyzstan Administration.
S&F

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is it sad that I watched this footage with a focus on taking mental notes?

I have decided I need to buy a few megaphones - they would be incredibly useful in a 'riot' like this to keep organization and order, and perhaps convince the governmental pawns to disarm and join the right side.

join