It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama slams Arizona immigration bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Hey, I carry a gun, and I have to state that I have one, and produce ID for cops all the time. And, if you are here illegally, you are not an American. I don't care how many kids you have here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

The law states now and has for some time that all immigrant or non-immigrant aliens must carry their immigration paperwork with them at all times. This has been the law for a long time. Resident aliens can be sanctioned for not having their immigration documents on them at all times.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
www.cnn.com...

President Obama on Friday criticized a controversial new immigration bill in Arizona, calling it "misguided."

"Our failure to act responsible at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others. That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe," the president said at a naturalization ceremony for 24 members of the military.

Well it was only a matter of time. Personally, I don't believe the bill will stay alive, and if it does pass the Supreme Court will shoot it down in the end. Getting rid of illegal immigrants just isn't good for corporate bottom lines. But I wonder what the hell Obama means by "fairness" .. all this talk about racial profiling. IMO, if you have an accent, you should be asked identification. If you legally moved here, no big problem you have your identification with you.. but the millions with illegal documents and stolen SS cards, they deserve to be investigated, deported and kept out. Hell, if Obama REALLY cared about getting jobs to Americans, he would start deporting in earnest so Americans can reclaim those jobs stolen by lawless thieves.

"Lawless thieves", as in the corporations right?

Because the illegal immigrants did not steal those jobs (the jobs that most Americans would not even consider doing), they were given those jobs by the greedy corporations looking to gain an few more pennies, while they exploit the illegal immigrants. If America truly wanted to get rid of illegal immigrants, they would prosecute the corporations that hire these people and encourage them to stay in the country, because they earn what they could not earn in their country of origin. I'm not saying that if there were no jobs, that they would stop coming, but a significant amount of people would find that it would defeat the purpose to come here, only to be denied jobs as well. Too many corporations benefit off of cheap labor...thats the real reason that illegal immigrants are still migrating to this country in hordes.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Historymajor]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Obama is just crying because he cannot enter AZ anymore without getting deported.
Seriously though, he is mad because the illegals would be a ton of liberal voters come Nov. without the new voters the House dems will need unemployment benefits.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Hey, I carry a gun, and I have to state that I have one, and produce ID

Why don't you ask the exact same folks who support this bill about how they feel about carrying licences and permits for their guns. Really, go ahead an ask them, see how of them have complained about the fact that needing a gun licence was anti-4th ammendment. Its hypocricisy.

news.yahoo.com...

Ironic how in Phoenix Arizona we find ourselves again with the same political opportunists and rightwingers complaining about how its unconstitutional and wrong to have to carry permits for your guns but nothing wrong with carrying a permit for being hispanic. But please, continue with the excuses.

And, if you are here illegally, you are not an American.

And here we go with the typical derailing tactic that all of you seem to use. This argument is not about illegals, it is about AMERICAN BORN hispanics and hispanis who have lived here for years LEGALLY and are americans. They will be harassed day and day out just over their appearances. They will have to carry papers to constantly defend their right to live in this country. That is a violation of 4th ammendment rights. Thats is the argument. The argument is NOT about the rights of illegals when they are caught.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Not anti 4th amendment there SG.

Anti 2nd amendment.

You know that part-shall not be infringed.

Licensing and that component is the infringement.

The 4th amendment has to do with being secure in your person, here-

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
And here we go with the typical derailing tactic that all of you seem to use. This argument is not about illegals, it is about AMERICAN BORN hispanics and hispanis who have lived here for years LEGALLY and are americans. They will be harassed day and day out just over their appearances. They will have to carry papers to constantly defend their right to live in this country. That is a violation of 4th ammendment rights. Thats is the argument. The argument is NOT about the rights of illegals when they are caught.

I think you need to get with the times we live in, it is where illegals are running rampant in this country, Right? Having to carry those papers is no different than carrying any other ID. If it's a violation of the 4th amendment rights, then everyone who carries a driver license has been violated. Right?...

Paper please....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

then everyone who carries a driver license has been violated. Right?...

Is there a law that requires you to carry a driver license around everywhere you go?

I understand you have to have one for driving, but don't need one if you decide to walk. And of course we know that driving is not a right. That is why one must carry a license while driving.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
I think you need to get with the times we live in, it is where illegals are running rampant in this country, Right? Having to carry those papers is no different than carrying any other ID. If it's a violation of the 4th amendment rights, then everyone who carries a driver license

People dont have to carry a licence for 'looking like a Mexican' or 'Hispanic'. People carry licences for driving, for when they apply for healthcare but nobody in this country should be forced to carry a form of identification merely because they look like illegal. That is the point if you have the ability to try an get it through your head.

I'd bet my bottom dollar nobody here would keep shut if they had to constantly provide papers everywhere they go in their own country merely because they LOOK illegal. This bill doesnt take that into fact.

But you know it is election time right? Have a great time at the polls voting in those Republicans. Your vote was well earned right? Just pander and you got it in the bag!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
seems public opinions are on the side of AZ
when it comes to Obama's thoughts

www.cnn.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/219a478bc339.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
[

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by imitator

then everyone who carries a driver license has been violated. Right?...

Is there a law that requires you to carry a driver license around everywhere you go?

I understand you have to have one for driving, but don't need one if you decide to walk. And of course we know that driving is not a right. That is why one must carry a license while driving.

Maybe so, however walking can be a civil offense in certain areas, and can lead to suspension of your driver's license.... so one can say walking is not a right either.

And who doesn't carry their driver licenses nowadays, you almost have to use it everywhere you go....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'd bet my bottom dollar nobody here would keep shut if they had to constantly provide papers everywhere they go in their own country merely because they LOOK illegal. This bill doesnt take that into fact.

Really!!! where do you live lmao.... I don't look illegal, but I'm constantly providing ID everywhere I go.... even shopping for food...

What year you in!!!!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by imitator]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This thread is growing quite steadily with support for this bill and yet I am still waiting for an answer to my question about how exactly this bill is supposed to work.

I guess blind support is ok when it is bilind support in something that sounds good to you in particular?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Historymajor

Originally posted by Rockpuck
www.cnn.com...

President Obama on Friday criticized a controversial new immigration bill in Arizona, calling it "misguided."

"Our failure to act responsible at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others. That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe," the president said at a naturalization ceremony for 24 members of the military.

Well it was only a matter of time. Personally, I don't believe the bill will stay alive, and if it does pass the Supreme Court will shoot it down in the end. Getting rid of illegal immigrants just isn't good for corporate bottom lines. But I wonder what the hell Obama means by "fairness" .. all this talk about racial profiling. IMO, if you have an accent, you should be asked identification. If you legally moved here, no big problem you have your identification with you.. but the millions with illegal documents and stolen SS cards, they deserve to be investigated, deported and kept out. Hell, if Obama REALLY cared about getting jobs to Americans, he would start deporting in earnest so Americans can reclaim those jobs stolen by lawless thieves.

"Lawless thieves", as in the corporations right?

Because the illegal immigrants did not steal those jobs (the jobs that most Americans would not even consider doing), they were given those jobs by the greedy corporations looking to gain an few more pennies, while they exploit the illegal immigrants. If America truly wanted to get rid of illegal immigrants, they would prosecute the corporations that hire these people and encourage them to stay in the country, because they earn what they could not earn in their country of origin. I'm not saying that if there were no jobs, that they would stop coming, but a significant amount of people would find that it would defeat the purpose to come here, only to be denied jobs as well. Too many corporations benefit off of cheap labor...thats the real reason that illegal immigrants are still migrating to this country in hordes.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Historymajor]

what he said makes me shake my head... (not up and down) i thought obama, was not neutered.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Really!!! where do you live lmao.... I don't look illegal, but I'm constantly providing ID everywhere I go.... even shopping for food...

What year you in!!!!

What are you lauging all over your own post about? You just said you need ID to buy food. Come on now. What year are you living in? What planet are you on? What country is that again that has rules like that?

ID to buy food.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

What are you lauging all over your own post about? You just said you need ID to buy food. Come on now. What year are you living in? What planet are you on? What country is that again that has rules like that?

ID to buy food.

Well yeah, I usually add a six pack of beer or whatever into my grocery basket... Wallyworld sells everything.... In my town the cashier usually asks to see a driver's license, always.... Do I have to show it? If I add cigarettes or beer etc. then yeah I have too, most times I probably don't have to.... but I do it anyway for security purposes, as I checked photo ID required on the back of my credit card.... (so those illegals can't use it.
)

Even without all that, sometimes they ask while I'm using cash....Are they being racist because I'm Irish? NO!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by imitator]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join