It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama slams Arizona immigration bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

President Obama on Friday criticized a controversial new immigration bill in Arizona, calling it "misguided."

"Our failure to act responsible at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others. That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe," the president said at a naturalization ceremony for 24 members of the military.

Well it was only a matter of time. Personally, I don't believe the bill will stay alive, and if it does pass the Supreme Court will shoot it down in the end. Getting rid of illegal immigrants just isn't good for corporate bottom lines. But I wonder what the hell Obama means by "fairness" .. all this talk about racial profiling. IMO, if you have an accent, you should be asked identification. If you legally moved here, no big problem you have your identification with you.. but the millions with illegal documents and stolen SS cards, they deserve to be investigated, deported and kept out. Hell, if Obama REALLY cared about getting jobs to Americans, he would start deporting in earnest so Americans can reclaim those jobs stolen by lawless thieves.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Interesting, I thought about it and I really don't see what the problem is. I don't see how following the law is discrimination. I mean how else are people supposed to figure out if an immigrant illegal or not? Most people carry around their SS cards in their wallets or purses. Green Card or visa should just be the same. I'm at a failure to see how this is discrimination in anyway.

Also I found this interesting:

Critics argue the new law would foster racial profiling, saying most police officers don't have enough training to look past race while investigating a person's legal status.

Well if that is the case then I believe the government doesn't have enough training to legislate laws.

If this goes to the supreme court, I think the only provision that will get shot down is immigrants having to carry their green card on them at all times. Other than that I don't see what else is unconstitutional about this bill.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If this goes to the supreme court, I think the only provision that will get shot down is immigrants having to carry their green card on them at all times. Other than that I don't see what else is unconstitutional about this bill.

But we as true American citizens must carry an ID on us or else we can be arrested on the spot and detained until proper identification can be procured. So why should this be shot down?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

No we don't. You can walk around anonymously as it is right now. The police can't stop you for no reason and ask for your papers, well not yet at least. You don't even have to tell the police your name. You only have to reveal your identity if you are suspected in a crime. There is no requirement to carry around an ID.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I find it ironic that Arizona's immigration law is too tough for Obama and the Feds, but Feds raiding an Amish milking barn at 5am is somehow more tolerable.

Its not a problem when drug dealers and illegals pour over the border, kidnappings and executions in thier wake, but hey...can't have fresh creamy milk straight from the farm. Damn those Amish.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I dont believe him.
Speaking out of both sides of his mouth.
He will let it pass and let it stick.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I agree. At least AZ is doing something about the problem. I could think of just one program to eliminate that would free up billions of dollars and police officers to concentrate on protecting our boarders.
Much better use of resources IMO.

I'm with Rockpuck though, what is this "fairness" Obama is talking about? Sounds like more Marxist talk coming from the POTUS to me. Of course that can't be because he isn't a "Marxist".

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
One think I noticed before I moved here in the areas closer to borders,a bunch of green Immigration SUV's,so I'm thinking AZ will do it,so looks like poor consumer will have to offset coc aine dealers extra costs,by having their path diverted,I think it's about time someone did something

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
He slammed it because he doesn't have the proper ID proof not to be deported if he goes there...

A joke....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes, no more traveling to Arizona for Obama.

I hope no Democrat needs any help in the upcoming elections. The INS or ICE will set up a sting operation!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Haha.. funny.. I'd say that it's more likely the big corporations (walmart and their likes) are pissed off by this move, because it removes their easily manipulated slave wage laborers. It also threatens his reelection.. a big portion of Latinos voted for him.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Insert foot and apply firm pressure...
Obviously a statement made from a man who rarely leaves the big city..
he has no idea what we border states deal with every year...

Well Mister Obama let me tell you about one place.
Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument lies about 150 miles southwest of Phoenix, Ariz., in desert country where heat is abundant and rainfall scarce, where in odd corners the bleached skeletons of cattle, horses, and humans alike stand in mute testimony to the rigors of living in what can be dangerously inhospitable territory.

Yes they really post signs warning you to stay clear of dead human bodies

It is inhospitable in more than one way, for Organ Pipe lies astride the U.S.–Mexico border and bears the footprints of tens of thousands of immigrants from Mexico, Central America, and elsewhere. In a typical summer, dozens of them will die here and elsewhere in the Sonoran Desert of heat, thirst, and exposure as they struggle through the miles of sand and rock on the way to some better place.

This also happens to be a major insertion point for the cartels because the border patrol is not allowed to drive their vehicles into these federally protected lands, the drug smugglers who scoff at laws just drive their hummers in and out as if they own the place... what was the feds laughable answer to the little problem... They gave the border patrol permission to use horses in pursuit of said bad guys...

If mister Obama doesnt like these laws border states are passing then he needs to grow a pair, protect our people and close the F'en borders now! before more americans are killed

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
thanks for the thread. just curious was his slamming speach used with telepromters as his head swayed to the left, then to the right?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
check out this site (all of you should):
www.usillegalaliens.com...

Let's start with a broad summary on how illegal immigration is or can affect you personally. Here are just some of the negative side affects of illegal immigration:

•easy conduit for terrorists entering the USA
•massive escalation in crime
•surge in foreign national prisoners to support for years
•increases Balkanization of US
•increases multiculturalism/segregation/divisiveness instead of the American melting pot
•increases desire for Aztlan (reclaiming SW states for Mexico)
•increasing number of traffic accidents
•main contributor to surging US population
•dramatic impact on society and infrastructure, including education
•destruction of fragile ecosystems in American SW
•main cause of emergency rooms and hospitals closing as well as service cut backs
•introduction of third world diseases
•increased welfare costs
•massive costs to society – over and above contributions

it goes into great detail...

a thread of mine: www.abovetopsecret.com...
What if 20 million illegal aliens vacated America?

great read, talks about the benefits of kicking out every illegal criminal immigrant out of america and how it would benefit (and heres the kicker) ...americans! I guess Obama doesnt give a crap about that tho.. GOOD FOR ARIZONA. and another thing, 77% of arizona citizens favor this bill, yet another example of Obama going against the will of the people he is suppose to represent.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Not really sure what is fair about it either but on a sidenote I can see your posts all the sudden..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Excellent thread there Coffinman ..my fiance is a nurse in an emergency room and tells me first hand the problems with illegals who cant speak English clogging the ER with coughs and slight fevers seeking medication even as simple as advil, while consuming a room that could be given to a sick child or emergency.

Hell, if we kicked them out of the country, we wouldn't need this drastic overhaul of the healthcare system (which the Feds claim no illegal will benefit from - my ass they wont)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Arizona must be doing something right for Obama to get his balls in an uproar over it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Good for Obama...he should speak out against UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws.

I just find it hilarious that when a law is directly unconstitutional...no one cares...because it targets minorities. But you will abandon logic, create false information, and cry and scream about the healthcare bill.
People are crazy and illogical.

Bottom line...Arizona will go bankrupt over this law...and they deserve it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What part of this is unconstitutional? Direct references please if you don't mind. Would their passing of such a bill not fall under states rights? I don't see how you can disagree with their enforcement of already existing laws. I would think any citizen of the US, natural born or otherwise would agree with the measures being taken in order to ensure that laws are being followed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Illegal immigration in this country needs to be dealt with swiftly and aggressively. This country has been invaded by illegals gaining access to American territory in MASSIVE amounts daily for a VERY long time now. The time is PAST DUE for authorities to rectify the problem with an aggressive approach to stop these crimes. We need to combat this CRIMINAL ACTIVITY and prevent illegals the ability to mooch off a system to which LEGAL citizens have PAID into by BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS.

This country is currently in poor economic shape, and it MUST rid itself of those illegally eating the fruits of our system by those whom have not EARNED it. Strict, aggressive, and swift actions are PAST DUE.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join