It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow, the bill hasn't even taken effect yet. Then again, Joe the sheriff & his lackeys have been (illegally) doing this and worse for a while now. All you guys who said this would never happen, why aren't you outraged an American was treated as second class?
You do realize it's just a hop and skip from being required to carry a birth certificate to being implanted with a chip, right? In fact, Governments around the world, including Mexico, are routinely chipping their federal employees.
Actually, this is nothing new. In many northern cities such as Portland, New York, and Chicago, when just walking down the street you can be racially profiled, illegally searched, and hauled off to jail for not having identification. Know that you have the right to tell them to bring a fingerprint scanner to the location to prove your identity. Be warned, it may take a while, and they might slap you around a bit, and belittle you.
Here's an example that happened to me. I had just walked across the street from my home to go to the store. I was stopped, saying someone who fit my description had broken into somebodies house. Mind you, I was going to get some coffee for my sleepy head and was in pajamas (who robs a home in fuzzy slippers?!), not even thinking I needed ID to walk across the street. They handcuffed me and sat me on the curb. After running my name, and nothing coming up, they were going to take me in anyway to prove my identity. The most ridiculous aspect of the situation was I lived right across the street, and readily offered to be accompanied to my home to retrieve my identification. I was never worried, as I give Ceaser his due and do not run afoul of the law other than an occasional ticket, but I decided to defend my rights and told him to get the scanner. This took three hours to arrive. The check then took 45 minutes as they had to send out of state for my records as I was a recent transplant from another city. During the wait, a women rushed up to us saying her car was being broken into AT THAT MOMENT, I swear they told her they were busy and would call for another unit to investigate for her. I bet her car was long gone by then. Then the backup that arrived with the fingerprint scanner swore she knew me as a local troublemaker (I had been in the neighborhood all of a month) and just knew I had a warrant. Needless to say, I was released without so much as an apology, and when I asked for a note from the officer explaining to my job why I was hours late was told he had more important things to do and he sped off. I still give myself credit for the self control I exercised that day, as I had plenty I wanted to say, but didn't fancy the use of tasers on my body.
Absolutely ridiculous and a terrible waste of my tax dollars. I will say that since I've gotten older, and my style of dress has changed, this happens less often. I am however well aware that it can happen again at any time, and if the AZ law spreads I just may stay indoors permanently, as I now work from home and only really need to go out to enjoy life, and the benefits of freedom, which if they ever truly existed for someone like me, are rapidly vanishing.
To all you privileged and angry "real" Americans, enjoy it while you can. You should know that the state of AZ, and your federal government, don't give a rats 455 about you or your rights, and when it becomes feasible for them to do the same to you, we'll see how you feel about the situation then.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
imagine the hell that would be caused if these laws were implamented all over the country in another unconstitutional federal law. its 100% that americans will be targeted by these laws. i wouldnt be suprised if more citizens will be targeted than illegals. same thing as DUI checkpoints, more drivers get there cars taken for things like no insurence/registration/drivers license, than for actually being drunk. yet another invasion of our right to refuse unlawful search, invasion of privacy, imo it should be considered unlawful detention.

every day i turn on the news, or get on ATS and see another insane law being passed that go above and beyond what bush has started. Google recording us, AFTA, healthcare, "financial reform", etc, etc. When are we going to stand up for ourselfs and take back our country, ITS OUR COUNTRY, and almost all of us dont agree with it. their agenda is in the trash, their moving too quickly and exposing themselves to countless americans that did not know things were really this bad.

These kinds of invasions of our rights are absolutly unacceptable. i often wonder what would have happend in our country in the 1800s if these types of laws were passed; before the government was in total control of the most powerful military in the world, before the atom bomb, machine guns, chemical weapons, flying death, and highly trained super-soldiers ready to do what ever they are told, even fire on american citizens. Had these events (the passing of f'ed up laws, executive orders, high taxation, etc) happened in those times it would have been civil war. after the atom bomb, everything changed. we became scared for our lives and the lives of our familys; and now we should be even more scared.

those in power are no longer trying to pass all this reform as fast as they can, so that one day we are going to wake up and the constitution will gone, and riot police are knocking on your door to take you away to a "population zone" or "citizen housing" or some other PC name with a cold inhuman sound.

this is what awaits us if we continue to allow our libertys to be raped

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join