It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Danger of Spirituality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I usually disregard "Power of Positive Thinking" mantras as just another kind of indoctrination/dogma/self-hypnosis activity - useful techniques for some folks maybe. But the idea of positivity as opposed to negativity is again relative - personally, I don't think "happy" thoughts or seek pleasing thought content. I know that it's much easier to change my thought than my socks and tend to explore that when I approach disturbing topics.

gj

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am always negative in everything, even if my life was not destroyed i would over think every situation.

Being negative is just as good for me as being positive for you.

Irony plays a massive role in keeping you positive people in line, just look at how it works in india, it does not work at all for those people.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

All I'm saying is that it's not easy... so don't judge us. It is a very natural, instinctual and biological reaction. Those that say they have actually beat this either have evolved above something of conventional human or are simply deluding themselves.

Or they have genetic factors which may help them out also.. as opposed to the 'negatives' who try and try yet it gets the best of them all the time. There's a reason why things happen. Always.

So if it comes natural to you, or easy now, and expect that it should be for others, think again. That person really may want to be positive all the time, but during the time he is limited, he is limited.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

<< 1   >>

join