It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Helicopters flying in the skies of Houston

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

It has been my experience that Apache helicopters are frequently in the skies above Houston, and if memory serves the 30mm canon on the front is always present. To see them following I-10 is not that uncommon. On a side note, I know for a fact that I saw a global hawk with on the bed of a truck surrounded by police and black suv's at 2:30am about a year ago. You could even see the teeth graphics on the nose of the plane. It was on the East side of town and turned south at that particular time, towards the port.
Truth is, there is an enormous amount of military aircraft in the skies around Houston if you look up, you couldn't go a single day without seeing them. I have often said that if there were any doubt as to whether or not they would fire on us, the fear they would conjure would be absolutely immense!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Reply to post by Tentickles

Okay well that would indicate they had plans to encounter some kind of hostility. Because typically I don't then they even mount machine guns on the helicopters.

Just to check did it look like it was a large boom sticking out in front of the cockpit? Or did it look like a machine gun? Or did you see a rocket launcher?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'm going to correct you.

Often military aircraft carry dummy ammunition, including missiles/rockets, miniguns and whatever else they can carry.

I worked at an airport where a military aircraft came in and was left over night due to some mechanical malfunction. It had a missile attached and when I asked if that thing was safe the pilot told me that it was just a training round, no boom, just weight.

Another time we had some helos come in fully armed with minis and rockets. No boom, they were there just for looks.

Now you are corrected and next time you won't have to scare someone with your incorrect info next time they say they saw an armed military aircraft.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Okay well thanks for the correction. There wasn't a need for the dig at me at the end, I was operating of info that I had that was incorrect which is why I asked for a correction. But I do appreciate the info and I will remember it next time.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hmm we've been speculating about it but still have no definitive answers.

Anyone else have any hypotheses?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
I believe it is illegal for US military air assets to fly armed within US airspace unless there is a war going on on our soil. I believe the only time US military air assets ever fly equipped with weapons is during training exercises in a military base. The only other time they carry weapons is for transport, but they are never transported in a "ready-to-drop" or "armed" position. Forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology. If these helicopters were in fact armed (and not just carrying extra fuel tanks for extended flight which can sometimes look like bombs) that makes it a different story.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Completely wrong.

Of course Military aircraft can carry weapons, that is what combat aircraft do. And training is exactly what they are doing when not deployed.. Combat units train like they would fight, and keep their skills sharp at all times.

Some people on ATS get paranoid anytime they see military aircraft, or any aircraft for that matter that is dark in color. They would probably be more at ease if combat aircraft were pink, but that generally would not be a good idea for the aircrew who fly them.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Alex Jones on his regular radio show on Sunday evening, April 18th, said that he had the following information told to him by military sources and police sources inside Texas. This radio address is available on video clips at YouTube under the title "Bill Clinton and the OK City Style Attack Soon on Alex Jones TV" (parts 1/8 through 8/8). I believe that Alex spoke about the U.S./Mexican War against the incursion of Mexican nationals who are drug cartel members along several counties in southern and western Texas in the first segment of this 8-part series.

To view the first video segment go to:
www.youtube.com...

The United States military is in a joint exercise with U.S. trained marines from the Mexican Military. Alll or the bulk of all military action is taking place WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. The military helicopters you spoke of land in a given Texas town and out pile "soldiers" who are both American and Mexican and none of them are wearing their country's military uniforms. They are usually dressed more like riot police (all in black). They inform the local police that they are conducting military actions in their jurisdictions. Sometimes some/all of the local sherifs/police officers are invited to join in the military actions, more often in a support role.

The joint military actions are focused on killing everyone who crosses the border illegally from mexico into the U.S. No prisoners are taken, no questions are asked, there is no jury, no trial, no legal representation, just everyone is killed. Alex said these military personnel are committing a massive number of felonies because of these murders.

You may recall the following report about a contingent of high level American officials traveling to Mexico to meet about the violence along the Texas/Mexico border in late March. Since that meeting (March 23, 2010), there has been 300 million dollars approved for this military action.

Those who traveled to Mexico for this meeting were listed as follows:
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was in Mexico City, Mexico for the Merida U.S.-Mexico High Level Consultative Group meeting on March 23, 2010. The Secretary was joined by Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates; Secretary of Homeland Security Janet A. Napolitano; Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair; Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism John O. Brennan; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael G. Mullen; Immigration and Customs Enforcement Assistant Secretary for Homeland Security John Morton; Acting Deputy Attorney General Gary G. Grindler; Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Director Adam Szubin; Office of National Drug Control Policy Acting Deputy Director of the Office of Supply Reduction Patrick Ward; and Drug Enforcement Administration Acting Administrator Michele M. Leonhart.

This list REALLY gives one pause. To me, it seems like such involvement on the part of the U.S. in what is a Mexican security problem only seems appropriate when one remembers that the U.S. is almost officially part of the North American Union (NAU). This military involvement is likely occurring under the mandate of an agreement that Obama (urged by current Northcom architects and former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz) put into place which was the North American Security and Prosperity Initiative.

www.spp.gov...

The March 23, 2010 meeting of the high level American government officials in Mexico was the second formal meeting of the High Level Consultative Group and has been in preparation for several months; the first was held in Washington in December 2008.

www.state.gov...

There are LOTS of reports of Mexican Military helicopters over TX towns on YouTube.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Deny Ignorance

Well, Why shouldn't a person see American military aircraft flying in the skies over America?

Where the the heck else are they suppose to operate?

I would also expect to see American troops in around American cities also.

Why the concern?

I fail to understand anyone's consternation over this.

Is ANYONE here aware that the modern interstate system that we all take for granted was built specifically to move military troops rapidly from one side of the country to another?

Or that they are wide enough to land aircraft on for a reason?

Why do you think they are made out of concrete and not asphalt?

Deny Ignorance

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I bet i know where you live lol. I work at that hospital that lifeflight is stationed at in sugarland. Yep there is a small airstrip near there too. However there is ellington airbase outside houston on HWY 3 going towards webster texas. Maybe they are fromt here. I will check the internet also because it hink maybe an airshow is about to take place. There is one every year or used to be called wings over houston. I took my son to it a few years in a row. It also is held at ellington air base. I also saw a old WWII type plane flying over where i live. I live just this past weekend. I live in SW houston real close to sugarland. Maybe thats whats going on.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Ok just checked and no it isnt for an airshow. Thats not going to be till october 31 -nov 1 this year. Makes me wonder what that big WWII type plabe was flying over my house this past weekend was about now. In reading everyone elses posts i have to agree that it does seem quite normal here to see them. I dont know about the gun part if they are allowed to carry them but ihave seen them enough to not make me wonder why they are there. Oh and if there is a war going on at the border and like the one guy said about helicopters +hospitals makes sense lol. Well we havent gotten any wounded from the mexican war here in sugarland so i dont know where they are taking them.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
FWIW...

I was in Saint Paul MN last weekend and late Sunday morning we spied FIVE helicopters heading ~180° all in close staggered formation.

Holman Airfield is nearby and reports claim 35 military aircraft including helicopters.

It's extremely rare to see 5 in formation.

However, a similar occurrence happened about 8 months ago but that time there were 3 in formation heading ~0°.

Both on Sunday. Weekend warriors (reserves?) Dunno. Interesting all the same.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by fizzy1

Thanks. I don't really care when I see military helicopters or jets for that matter. I think all our air assets are kick ass and I love to watch them fly around regardless of what they're doing. I just thought they weren't allowed to fly around armed over the US unless they were in combat. I don't know why I thought that but thanks for letting me know.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Hmm we've been speculating about it but still have no definitive answers.

Anyone else have any hypotheses?

yes.. I do, appox 2 years ago, I was going out at lunch from work here in Hillsboro when I pulled in to the restaurant I saw 2 black helo's that looked exactally like this

I wasn't to shocked but, surprised more/less, I got back to work and told my friend and he laughed and said..'yea right..'

not more less than 2 weeks later, I was driving to or from work when I saw another same black helo, I told my friend again .. and he said.."where?" with a grin.. and I told him. I said.. I thought they were coming from the Hillsboro Airport but, why no id on them?? He replied "no they have to have .." I told him I didn't see any...

Him and I were just pulling in to a restaurant 3 weeks later, when these 2 black helo's went right over us CLEARLY with no ID's on them and we watched him turn east a bit and then I said.. "THERE!!! now you believe me..!!!" So he concieded..

2 weeks later.. News erupts with (yep you guessed it) .. Portlanders startled by Black Helicopters

only thing I can suggest is, there's CIA (input alpha gov letter here) OP about to be happening or they're tracking someone/something..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Little birds the perfect helicopter for urban assults.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I live near an airbase and there is some significant distance between the base and their training grounds where they conduct live-fire exercises. there is also supposed to be a number of fighters that are supposed to be armed and ready to engage hostiles in the event of attack

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry much. I lived in Houston and South Houston for more than 10 years. There's a fairly heavy military presence there and with good reason.

1. Ellington Field (likely where they came from,) is (or was when I lived there,) an air defense base. I know because I witnessed two F18's launch with their afterburners on one night driving home and thought they were missiles being launched. Being curious and not afraid to ask questions, I drove over to the front gate of Ellington field and asked what they were. The sentry guard first told me they were missiles and that we were launching them at Mexico, just to get a rise out of me. When I gave him a puzzled expression, he laughed (they were obviously bored,) and he told me that their base scrambles fighters to defend the airspace around the Southern half of the Gulf of Mexico and that sometimes (based on priority,) they launch with full afterburners on, hence the light show.

2. NASA is there - Enough said

3. There are bases east of your position in Louisiana and aircraft commonly fly several hundred miles in all directions of that base.

If you're really wanting something to worry about in Houston, worry about the spread of MRSA. I have friends there that have had repeated incidents with this "much smaller threat" in that area.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What seems odd to me is the Gov. making an announcement. I live about 60 mile north of Dobbins AFB. Never hear of announcements but see flights everyday. F15's, Apache's, Cobra's, Black hawks and AC130's.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
Ok just checked and no it isnt for an airshow. Thats not going to be till october 31 -nov 1 this year. Makes me wonder what that big WWII type plabe was flying over my house this past weekend was about now. In reading everyone elses posts i have to agree that it does seem quite normal here to see them. I dont know about the gun part if they are allowed to carry them but ihave seen them enough to not make me wonder why they are there. Oh and if there is a war going on at the border and like the one guy said about helicopters +hospitals makes sense lol. Well we havent gotten any wounded from the mexican war here in sugarland so i dont know where they are taking them.

There was a big WWII air show over in Bear Creek area at the small Air strip that's close by. Thats probably why you seen the big WW2 plane.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

That is false. Military aircraft often fly from bases to ranges many miles away loaded, and there are many fighter planes around the country on 24/7 alert statis. F15s in New orleans are on 24/7 alert and "loaded" with air to air missles since 911.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

That's because what you are seeing is normal operations. If there is going to be an exercise, or unusual activity going on (such as training at night when they normally fly only during the day), the military makes an announcement about it, to give the people living near the base warning that there is going to be a lot more noise than usual going on.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'm sure the helicopter in the picture is not what you saw. That is not an american military aircraft. That is an HN90 used by several European countries. Most likely what you saw was a UH-60 Blackhawk.

I am a former UH-60 crewchief so maybe I can offer an explanation. Back in my Army days we would do what is called a "cross country flight". It's basically a higher altitude flight for a couple hours. We would fly to nearby cities, land, eat lunch/dinner, and fly home. Most often we would fly in areas that may not be used to seeing the helicopters.

Many Blackhawks have what is called an ESSS system installed. It consists of "wings" coming from the helicopter with large fuel tanks connected to them. The fuel tanks look very similar to bombs. Some of them can also carry Hellfire missiles, rocket pods, and miniguns on the wings... though that is much less common. Usually, when not actively involved in the firing range, those are either removed or replaced with dummy missiles.

Hopefully this will clear stuff up...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join