It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Helicopters flying in the skies of Houston

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So the last few days Ive had military helicopters flying over my house and surrounding area. This is extremely odd. There is no close base or training area.

I do live near a small airfield but it doesnt accommodate the number Ive seen flying around.

Literally not 5 minutes ago 3 helicopters fly over my house and take a sharp turn East.

Just to dissuade any comment of not knowing if they are military or not. I also live near a hospital with life flight. I know the difference between the copters.

Here's a close picture of the copters I saw: www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

Please note the ones I saw had weapons attached to the side bumpers.

Seems this happened last year as well around the same time.
forum.prisonplanet.com...

Also found this article from texasinsider.org:
www.texasinsider.org...

AUSTIN – Gov. Perry announced late last week the deployment of Texas Military Forces OH-58 Kiowa and UH-72 Lakota helicopters as part of the first phase of the state’s spillover violence contingency plan, which he activated on Tuesday, March 16th.

Take note I live in the suburbs about 30 miles outside of Houston.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't think too much of it. Military helicopters are always about. Maybe they are running some exercises. Or perhaps they are moving the spaceship from area 51

On a side note. Is that a girl with a tentacle coming out of her mouth in your avatar?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Some bases, such as the one in Cape Cod, Otis Airforce base, have all helicopters now instead of the fleets they used to fly. I dont know why or for what reason the change came about, at least here.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I believe it is illegal for US military air assets to fly armed within US airspace unless there is a war going on on our soil. I believe the only time US military air assets ever fly equipped with weapons is during training exercises in a military base. The only other time they carry weapons is for transport, but they are never transported in a "ready-to-drop" or "armed" position. Forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology. If these helicopters were in fact armed (and not just carrying extra fuel tanks for extended flight which can sometimes look like bombs) that makes it a different story.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Also they would be deployed armed when they were going to intercept a potential enemy. Anyway I'm not going to cover all my bases here because I think you get the gist of what I'm saying. If they helicopters were just carrying supplies/people or relocating from point A to point B then they would not have been armed. If they were armed they would have had a specific defensive mission to follow.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I definitely saw a some sort of gun attached to the side of the copter.

Now if it were loaded or not, I can not say.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by Tentickles

Okay well that would indicate they had plans to encounter some kind of hostility. Because typically I don't then they even mount machine guns on the helicopters.

Just to check did it look like it was a large boom sticking out in front of the cockpit? Or did it look like a machine gun? Or did you see a rocket launcher?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Beware of Mexican military choppers as well.

We have allowed several free reign over the border recently.

Nothing like helicopters flying over your house, not a good feeling.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I caught sight of them as the turned East, out of my line of sight, only caught the right hand side of the copters with the guns.

I'm not helicopter expert so it might have had a boom on the left side. I can not say for certain.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
UH-72 are unarmed.

If you live near Spring, I know there is a Customs Blackhawk based there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3276f41ddf97.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Beware of Mexican military choppers as well.

We have allowed several free reign over the border recently.

Nothing like helicopters flying over your house, not a good feeling.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mexican military helicopters do not have "free reign" over our skies.

The recent sightings over Brownsville are speculative at best.

Also, Houston is hundreds of miles from the Mexican border.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

That picture doesnt look like the ones I saw at all.

The ones flying over my house were clearly military of some sort. Complete with weapons (And possible booms).

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Read the link. Then re-think your post. Way more than "speculative" buddy.

And I am well aware of where Houston is versus the border

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by emsed1

Yea its way more than speculation. There are photos and videos and it has been reported more than once in MSM.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the pic emsed1 posted is an old pic. That bird isnt there anymore, or it was repainted. but anyway. DEA, FBI and USArmy all have hangers out at Hooks airport From Blackhawks, Apaches and smaller recon birds fly out of there all the time and every so often 2 USMC Cobras. for a couple of weeks about a year ago there were 2 luftwaffe transport helos outthere.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by darthlung1]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by darthlung1]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Helicopters + hospital = transporting the wounded.

There is a war in Mexico and Mexico-USA border going on.

This is logical.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Yes that is logical. Houston does have one of the worlds best medical centers. Im not just talking one center, there are several city blocks full of hospitals and medical buildings.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There is also an Army Aviation Support Facility at Ellington Field that services Apaches.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Reply to post by emsed1

Yea its way more than speculation. There are photos and videos and it has been reported more than once in MSM.

One helicopter, reported by people in a trailer park hardly a conspiracy makes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by DangerDeath

Yes that is logical. Houston does have one of the worlds best medical centers. Im not just talking one center, there are several city blocks full of hospitals and medical buildings.

Exactly.

I live in a suburb that's approximately the same distance as Tentickles, with 3 hospitals within a 15 mile radius, and have regularly seen military helicopters. Anything from single fly overs to formations of three. This has happened for the past 3-4 years (if not longer) that I can remember. We have an incredible medical industry all over the city which could provide one possible reason. Also, Bush Intercontinental Airport and Hobby Airport are two large airfields...maybe security for airspace?

It is interesting though, because I have wondered for some time now why they fly over the city.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join