It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM, church team up to convert sales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

GM, church team up to convert sales

www.freep.com

In what organizers said was the first event of its kind in the area, Hartford Memorial Baptist Church in Detroit teamed up Sunday with GM and the GM Minority Dealers Association to offer churchgoers a chance to test drive more than a dozen cars.

"It's a beautiful car," the 38-year-old Detroit resident said. "I love it. When I get a job, I might get one."

Banks also were on hand to show potential new car owners how to apply for a loan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Terrific. Here you have a church pushing folks to buy cars. In a city where unemployment is over 25% and is essentially a wasteland, these fools are encouraging folks to get further in debt to buy cars they in most cases don't need.

Oh, I guess its not a problem as the government will force the banks to forgive the loans made to under qualified buyers of government and union thug built vehicles.

This is a disgrace. Further to suggest that it is better to have their preacher pushing a ride on them is better than a sales person is beautiful. The person wants to go to church to practice their religion and clearly places more stock in a member of the clergy than a salesman.

My guess is that the preacher has a nice new ride and he did not pay a dime for it.

www.freep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yep. Here you have it. Just more proof that the movie Idiocracy has become reality. I guess the pastor didn't read the part of the Bible where Jesus went ape crap when he found out people were selling their wares at the temple.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wow. This really sounds idiotic.

How can any Christian clergymen (of whatever denomination) justify this without considering the fact that doctrine dictates commerce and the expression of faith do not mix. (Sorry TV evangelists... that often applies to you as well.)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chicken_Bone

Exactly what I was going to say. In-fact many things like this creep into the modern church. It happened back then and it'll happen now (more-so). Sad times.

It's what happens when man decides he knows best - and sadly it then just makes others think that's all that the church is about. However, that's the same with anything - we (us, man, people) always seem to focus on the negative rather than the positive (good) in something.... be that religion, work, government, schools, friends..... it's just how we are.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Now I am not a Christian, but this reminds me of something I read in the bible. There is a parable of where Jesus walks into the temple and over turns the table of the money changers. Something like this is reminding me of history, and where people would purchase indulgences and attempt to buy their way into heaven. I think it is a bad idea, a very bad idea to team up people to sell things while people go to church.

top topics

join