It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Army Chief: The Bible Is Our Guide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

It is called lack of a plotline.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Without trying to starting a back and to thread about who did what to whom.

If you look at history you will find that a lot of the problems in the middle east can be put at the feet of many western countries. A lot of countries have have tried to control the water ways and the land. The British helped set up the state of israel by taking land from others.

Yes they have been hit by suicide bombers and much worse. But they have also committed acts that if it was anyone else would of been condemed. The ones who do speak out are told they are our allies and we should help them.

As i did say in my post, ALL sides have done things that actively fuel more hatred towards each other. neither side is any cleaner than the other.

So many wars have been fought in the middle east and many western countries have helped by either selling one side military hardware or even both sides. The only reason the state of israel is helped by the west is because so far with their nukes they have a controling influence in the area. If the area was not valuable to the west, i could see israel being on their own.

I am not condeming either of the people from israel or the surrounding countries. Their leaders and others in the world have caused this area to be the state it is today.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They know in the very end Israel survives and gets saved...

So why not play with fire?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

So the Muslim countries and terrorist organizations who surround Israel who have been saying for decades that by Allah's will they will wipe Israel off the map and drive the Jews into the sea get zero attention from you.

But when an Israeli military chief says that they act in accordance with the Bible, it makes them all insane and dangerous.

Seriously, with that level of balance don't walk on any tightropes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That makes sense.

They operate like barbarian, inhuman, psychopathic, monsters, just like the old testament is all about.

I wonder if Israel will ever regain any degree of civilizing behavior?

Probably not.

Religious freaks rarely do.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow, what a line of b.s. Simply a perfect example of a lie (propaganda) that the Pat Robertson crowd will eat up. If it were true, why not convert to Christianity and stop treating the Israeli/Palestinian Christian population like last weeks trash.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by minkey53

"When god is on your side, you cant go wrong" Can you quote me some factual references, sources please?

Also not being religious in any way, but having noticed many gods worshipped by many diffirent people, could you also post sources re your god being the chief god or supervisor?

Or, if all the other gods apart from Israels dont exist, proof that Israels does would also be helpfull to me being an athiest.

Thanks in anticipation.

Respects

Respects

With you being such an Athiest, I wouldn't know where to start to answer your questions.

I will pray for you though!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Israel learned nothing from Hitler. The biggest lie is the best lie. They should not say they are God's people, and say they are "God."

Actually, sounds like more posturing...hard to tell who means what...then it's filtered through the media...

BTW JanusFin, another good OP...I always find your comments thought provoking...thanks

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED

If Israel's enemies actually studied The Torah. They might have, although extremely doubtful, chance of defeating Israel. If you look at all the wars Israel has fought since it was re-established among the nations in 1948, they were repeats of how their ancestors fought. The Battle plans are more evidence of the accuracy of The Tanach. ISRAEL IS BACK. ISRAEL IS BACK TO STAY!!!

Old testament was talking for Israel.
New testament was talking for Israel.
Although New Testament is not referring to the same Israel the Old testament was, also that's one of the reasons you guys do not recognize the New testament.
Now, you people do not believe in what the New Testament says but the whole world does plus the Muslims. Who do you think is really going to win this one?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by spacebot]

Originally posted by searching4truth
Wow, what a line of b.s. Simply a perfect example of a lie (propaganda) that the Pat Robertson crowd will eat up. If it were true, why not convert to Christianity and stop treating the Israeli/Palestinian Christian population like last weeks trash.

Actually many Christian Orthodox saints were quoted profesizing that they actually will turn to Christianity and then their deed will be fulfilled.

They are the God's chosen in the concept that God allegedly has chosen them as worthy of being waited for but Israel is not a state, at least anymore. Its Christianity as a whole but also with them as Christians.

Hope this makes sense to you.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Entire post removed as it contained massive amounts of content copied from multiple online sources with absolutely no attribution.

When using content from other web sites, members MUST paste-in small snippets into their replies, and provide proper attribution in the form of a link to the source material (at a minimum).

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Looking_Glass
I agree with this. And we have to remember that Israel is a tiny little country completely surrounded by maniacs that blow themselves up and seek to wipe them off the map...[edit on 19-4-2010 by Looking_Glass]

Reply can be found here

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Also to mention the source material, news website is Israel Today a Israeli Website and it appears has no valid substantiation. It looks biased because its from Israel. Doubt it had anything to say good about the general. Israel is accused of war crimes and any news from their country cannot be taken as real and non biased.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by minkey53

"When god is on your side, you cant go wrong" Can you quote me some factual references, sources please?

Also not being religious in any way, but having noticed many gods worshipped by many diffirent people, could you also post sources re your god being the chief god or supervisor?

Or, if all the other gods apart from Israels dont exist, proof that Israels does would also be helpfull to me being an athiest.

Thanks in anticipation.

Respects

Respects

With you being such an Athiest, I wouldn't know where to start to answer your questions.

I will pray for you though!

Thank you, your prayer is appreciated. If it works and Im converted to your god does that mean I can heard all my neighbours into a barbed wire enclosed wall at the bottom of my street and throw WP at them??

Contradiction - surely "God" holds his power to create the new life of this world (Children and babies) in the highest esteem. So...Why would Israel(Gods chosen people) murder innocent babies and children in Gaza.

www1.voanews.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

Respects

[edit on 20-4-2010 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Bible is full of death, murder and torture.

The Bible has nothing to do with Jesus Christ, the gentle saviour.

To all people who follow the Bible, eternal death is yours.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

The Holy Scriptures reveal who wins: ISRAEL. The Anti-Semites and Anti-Zionists who despise Israel, The Jewish People and The Jewish Faith WILL NEVER WIN AGAINST ISRAEL!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PGTWEED

Unfortunatly and with the utmost respect, you dont need to be clever to realise that ink on paper predicting that "Israel wins" can only mean there is nothing in the end, left to win.

Everyone loses.

Respects

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What a load of cobblers. If the Bible is the IDF guide book, then they ought to have a good hard look at the part which says :
THOU SHALT NOT KILL !

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Israeli Army Chief: The Bible Is Our Guide

www.israeltoday.co.il

Israeli army chief Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi firmly stated last week that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) view the Bible as the number one influence on its conduct and mission.

"The IDF sees the Bible as a guide in the deep and practical sense of the word," said Ashkenazi. "It is no accident that the IDF swears in its soldiers with a weapon in one hand and the Bible in the other – a custom that reflects the uniqueness of the IDF and the deep bond of the Jewish people to the Book of Books."
(visit the link for the full news article)

im a little confused.....maybe its a mistranslation but im pretty sure that Israelis couldn't give two craps about "the Bible"
the "Torah" on the other hand....it's what Xtians call "the Old Testament" whereas the "Bible" is the NT.....
confusing

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Why would they need suicide bombers when they have a fully trained and equiped military?

War is terrorism of the rich
Terrorism is war of the poor.

You know why? Because the poor are to poor to afford tactical nuclear weapons and strategic ballistic missiles. So they have to relie on men in caves blowing up cars pulled by donkies.

If Israel was poor, which they wouldn't be because they are Jewish, then they would be suicide bombing Gaza all the time.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED
reply to post by spacebot

The Holy Scriptures reveal who wins: ISRAEL. The Anti-Semites and Anti-Zionists who despise Israel, The Jewish People and The Jewish Faith WILL NEVER WIN AGAINST ISRAEL!!!

What's up with the anti-semite card? It's getting pretty old. Just because we think using a 2,000 year old holy book written by some crazy dudes starving themselves in the desert eating mushrooms is crazy how does that make us anti-semetic? We are saying your political practices are wrong, I did not see anyone say anything bad about Judaism or the Israeli people. I would visit Israel, I don't mind Jews. But when you start doing stupid and irrational things you need to be called out so you can fix your problems.

Of course it is far easier to just say we are against your religion or your nations citizens because that just means that you would prefer to ignore your mistakes and continue to make them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join