It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Just doing my job" [VIDEO] - Extreme racism perpetuated by Australian media - EXPOSED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Melbourne TV news recently showed a father losing his cool outside court, but failed to show why he got so angry. The unedited camera tape reveals how he and his son were provoked by Nine cameraman, Simon Fuller, who then called the father a "f**king terrorist".

Firstly, don't let the title deter you from continuing with this thread, it applies to every Western nation as it probably happens on a regular basis, not just here in Australia. The following is a report from a government owned channel (ABC) where they expose the reality of recent events surrounding racist provocations made by a Channel Nine (large, private channel) reporter.

Is there an agenda here

This is blatant provocation. I know that this happens all the time, in Australia, UK, America, etc. I know that this has been happening for a long time. Whether its too further fuel racist flames or simply to gain more viewers, this is unacceptable.

The video is self explanatory.

WARNING: LANGUAGE

This camera man is copping a flacking over here about this. As he should be. I don't know about you guys but this just makes me surge with raw rage and I'm not the religious type, it has nothing to do with my support for any religion. This is absolutely disgusting.

Thoughts?

[edit on 19/4/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm completely jack of the media hounding people in order to "tell the story"...Simon Fuller is an arse and quite rightly got the sack...

Hopefully he'll enjoy "working" for Centrelink...It will give him ample time to consider what a prick he was to that family...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well this is provocation but cannot be racism as only reverse racism exists. The moslems were clearly racists and had combined with the powers that be to discredit ordinary (white) working men.

The above would be the idiots response.

In reality this was a terrible and insidious act of racism because of the media misuse and the high hate moslem attitudes. The moslems were actually more patient than I would have been. I may have lost it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I was under the impression that Simon Fuller was a news reader, not a camera man.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
The moslems were clearly racists and had combined with the powers that be to discredit ordinary (white) working men.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not... I cant read it well over the internet.

reply to post by scubagravy

Nah nah. Fuller is the camera man.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Media maggotts trying to senstionalise things. Provoke then edit to suit their own story. May he get his ghoulies kick in.

Good on mediawatch, they have caught quite a few media maggotts over the years.

A couple of lines from the song by John Mellencamp "Rain On The Scarecrow" seem quite apt.

"He said John it's just my job and I hope you understand
Hey calling it your job ol' hoss sure don't make it right
But if you want me to I'll say a prayer for your soul tonight."

[edit on 19-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was just watching this on tv
thanks for posting it, i thought about doing it myself.

you see it all the time on Australian media, but in a sly way, usually masked with some nationalism sweetner.

Nice to see this exposed and this wanka getting the just deserts.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Good thread, S&F.

And It's true, This is happening all around the western world.

Believe me, The Amr's used amazing restraint, had that have been my dad, I would have smacked that reporter in the chops, no two ways about it.
Not a lot gets me angry to the point of violence but man... The reporter not only told him to F Off.... but also called him a terrorist and the way they were following him, and responding to his requests to please go away, was like he was goading the pair.

Bravo to the news channel for showing this.

[edit on 19/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Not a lot gets me angry to the point of violence but man... The reporter not only told him to F Off.... but also called him a terrorist and the way they were following him, and responding to his requests to please go away, was like he was goading the pair.

Bravo to the news channel for showing this.

[edit on 19/4/10 by blupblup]

My exact thoughts.

I can't picture myself in his position. I would have burst out, but what good would that have done? This camera man has sold his soul and he is the epitomization of everything that is wrong with Western media.

I agree, I applaud the ABC for showing this.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I managed to find Fuller's response to the incident.

“I cracked, and I said something that I shouldn’t have said,” said Fuller. “I know what I did was wrong. I’m not a racist. I’ve got European heritage; I’m half Italian. I’ve worked in several countries in Europe and around the world.”

www.crikey.com.au...

I would bet that this isn't the first time he's done this either. The point is not on whether he is a racist/bigot or not, its the fact that he is verbally abusing someone with terms heavily attached with racist tendencies in order to get a desired reaction.

MR FULLER, IF YOU EVER READ THIS:

Terrorist: One who governs by terrorism or intimidation;

Who's the terrorist?... Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Originally posted by Tiger5
The moslems were clearly racists and had combined with the powers that be to discredit ordinary (white) working men.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not... I cant read it well over the internet.

reply to post by scubagravy

Nah nah. Fuller is the camera man.

Dude I was using industrial-strength sarcasm before the iditics who only see reversde racism put in their tiresome appearance. I dislike all forms of racism. Racism is alive and well. I was furious at this.

Rgds

T

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
I managed to find Fuller's response to the incident.

“I cracked, and I said something that I shouldn’t have said,” said Fuller. “I know what I did was wrong. I’m not a racist. I’ve got European heritage; I’m half Italian. I’ve worked in several countries in Europe and around the world.”

www.crikey.com.au...

That is hilarious...

It's like... I'm not racist, I have 2 black friends and one Asian friend and....
He's just feeling guilty and annoyed that he was busted and is now trying to say he's not racist by saying he has European blood?

That's like saying I'm not a thief because I drink Orange juice.
The two are not related.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Cant really be that upset with the camera man, other then he shouldn't have called him a terroist.

He was doing his job, like the paparazzi do in the US. Granted he did provoke the father, but the man did say several times, "I"m just doing my job".

Now for the edited piece that made it to television. Got to lay all the blame on the editor. The camera man got all the footage, they don't get to decide what you will see.

I saw two people in the wrong and on person in the wrong in the background.

Father
Camera man
Editor.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
Cant really be that upset with the camera man, other then he shouldn't have called him a terroist.

He was doing his job, like the paparazzi do in the US. Granted he did provoke the father, but the man did say several times, "I"m just doing my job".

Now for the edited piece that made it to television. Got to lay all the blame on the editor. The camera man got all the footage, they don't get to decide what you will see.

I saw two people in the wrong and on person in the wrong in the background.

Father
Camera man
Editor.

That's really interesting...

I wasn't aware calling someone "a #ing terrorist" was part of someone's job ?

If that was part of "doing his job", then perhaps his job description might need a little updating...

top topics

join