It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies about Greys, there are none.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

[edit on 19-4-2010 by wigit]

If there aint (proper looking) greys in this movie I'll eat my hat.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by wigit]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
I guess over the years Directors have wanted to escape from the typical Grey image and go with their own creative idea of what a Alien would actually look like.

Actually grays don't look all that alien.

Scientists speculated on what humans might evolve into in the future.

We keep getting smarter, so our brains get bigger.

We keep inventing more machines to do our work for us, so less physical effort means less physically imposing bodies are needed, we could get smaller.

And since we don't hunt for our food anymore the nose and ears aren't as important to us as they were to hunting animals.

So when you add up all these evolutionary changes, what have you got? Grays.

The Asgard grays were pretty good in the TV show Stargate SG-1.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
U seen close encounters of the third kind? www.unexplainedstuff.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Don´t forget Dark Skies

Not a movie, great tv-show!

The greys are all over that show!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Fire in the Sky" was about alien abductions. And based on the Travis Walton abduction. True story or not, it is a very interesting story.

And if I remember correctly, Close Encounters got Steven Spielberg in some trouble. Rumor is, they tried to block it back in the day.

Forgot to add.. "Communion" the book/movie was about Greys also.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Justaposter]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Apparently everyoen forgot about the TV miniseries 'Intruders' based on the best selling author Budd Hopkins book. Im actually trying to find that movie to purchase if anyone knows where i can find it. That movie was SCARY! and the most true to life representaion of abductions

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth?
Apparently everyoen forgot about the TV miniseries 'Intruders' based on the best selling author Budd Hopkins book. Im actually trying to find that movie to purchase if anyone knows where i can find it. That movie was SCARY! and the most true to life representaion of abductions

OMYGAWD that miniseries scared the heck out of me!!!

Oh great now I am freaked out! I will never forget how she was looking out the window and saw the 'work crew'.

Truth, when it came out, my boyfriend (now my husband) had a room mate and he left early in the morning and I woke up just in time to see lights passing my window (room mate leaving for work) and freaked me out!!! Hubby still teases me about it.

I just thought of another movie, "Vistors of the Night" It was on Lifetime (don't laugh! It was a good movie.. no honest!) Markie Post was in it and Candice Cameron was her daughter.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Truth, they have it listed on Amazon but only in VHS format
Bummer! I would love to see it again too.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There was also the made for T.V. movie abou the Betty and Barney hill case called the "UFO Incident".

This was made in 1975 and based on the book, "Interrupted Journey".

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

I remember watching that as a little girl.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Probably not what you were looking for but, I always thought that in the movie Independence Day when they remove the exoskeleton from the aliens that they were the greys. Anyone else remember this?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They could make a pretty entertaining movie out of "Brother Termite" by Patricia Anthony.

It's a CT story told from a grey's point of view. They've been controlling us since WWII, they finally come out in the open, and assume posts in the governments. All along, they've been giving us sterility drugs and whacking the few that are making progress towards getting off the planet. They are nearly infertile themselves, and are looking for another species that they can hybridize with to restore their race, whilst limiting the competition.

We're it. It works. They plan to start making hybrids, and cut off our reproduction totally.

The story's told from the grey's point of view who is basically the "human manager". He likes humans, but is still going along with the entire thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can name a few:

Taken (Tv series by spielberg)
The forth-kind (based on "real" events)
the MacPherson tape: The Alien Abduction (and its counterpart) Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County.

peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Haha agreed, that is probably the SCARIEST made for TV movie EVER! Its funny because i never saw much of it, i would have only been 8 when it came out but the commercials made me cry and my parents told me not to watch it. Well i snuck a lil and boy was i sorry.

I saw Amazon has the DVD but its in PAL format (so it wont work in the USA) and i dont think i could justify paying 20.00 for a VHS copy unless i was stuck in 1992. I keep hoping to find a good copy of it online, youtube has it up but is bad quality.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
actually there was also this TV movie filmed documentary style they scared me as well:Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142074/]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
I distinctly remember reading somewhere that the original poster ads for Close Encounters featured obvious greys beckoning a man onto their ship, but that the ads generated such a negative public backlash that they were pulled and replaced.

Lordbucket -had never heard that one but it's said that Stephen Spielberg did base the police UFO chase in 'Close Encounters' on a real incident:

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Not once has an epic film been made about the Grey Aliens.

I think the Grey Aliens are too alien to be depicted accurately in a film, amongst other reason why no blockbuster movie about Grey Aliens has ever been produced. EVER.

Let's examine the common attributes:
1. Lack of emotion
2. Little to no speaking (even through telepathy)
3. Not exactly terrifying (short, no fierce teeth, claws, etc.)
4. All they seem to do is observe or medical exams...hardly exciting

Simply put, these guys don't really offer up a great movie character...so it doesn't surprise me they aren't more center-stage. Besides, for any good movie, it's the human story, the human connections, that really make or break a film. You could have a movie all about the planet, history, etc. of the Grays, but it would STILL likely center around the stories of the human characters' interaction with them....

There was a really good TV movie not too too long ago (Official Denial), had Parker Stevenson (former Hardy Boy and Probe star) and was about his meeting a crashed Gray (after the government shot it down)... Was kind of cheesy, but the movie really hit upon common Gray conceptions...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think somebody might have said this, but I'll say it again. The X-files series. It ran for, what like 9 years (?), and several times featured greys, among other aliens.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by game over man

So are you trying to tell me with this thread that because there are no "movies about greys" that they must be real? I don't understand your point here. There are no movies about plenty of boring things as well, lol.

You do not understand capitalism or the entertainment industry and your ignorance in such matters only fuels your confusion.

Ha! A movie about Greys would be very marketable. Their traits and mystery are incredible! Look at how Batman evolved into the Dark Knight. You could do some creative things with it.

Steven Spielberg has some interviews on the Close Encounters of the Third Kind blu ray, and I know he talks about ufology. I will re-watch and let you know what he says. IF anyone can upload it that would be great.

I know in ufology there is NO evidence of alien life. ZERO.

However, if a child, asked, "Are there aliens?" and didn't get an answer, decided to look it up on their own, the overwhelming description of an alien is a Grey.

Now that is basically what Steven Spielberg did when he finished Jaws and started working on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Being uneducated in ufology, he started researching.

And it is FACT that you can research UFO's and ET. And it is a FACT that one alien since the beginning of ufology has been mentioned, over and over again. If it is a phenomenon, then everyone is having the same dream. Dream, fact, or not, and its just our imagination from HG Wells, it is still a fact that in ufology the Greys are the most reported. And that is why I think no one has ever done or will ever do a movie about the entire cover up involving the Greys, because you would be a whistle blower and a mass conspiracy theorist if there ever was one, you would be the all time greatest.

Since no one will touch it, I think that gives more credence to the believability to the Greys and cover up starting with Roswell.

HA, ironically Steven Spielberg has made movies involving World Wars, Nazis, Archeology, fantasy, Space, terrorism....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
The closest thing I can think of is the syfy mini-series Taken, which involved the Grays.

I think that was one before we started recording stuff. Do you know if it's available on DVD. The previews always looked good, but just never got a chance to watch. The movie "Signs" was kinda about greys.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join