It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Images of Iceland Volcano from Just a Few Kilometers Away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well atleast I know my eyes site is not going bad at 27 lol thanks for the link to help clarify for me what that was

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That's just incredible. I was curious how many others are erupting worldwide now, and here's what I found.

www.geocodezip.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

These are just astounding. Thanks so much to the OP!

The first time I ever saw lightning in a volcano photo was last year when Chaiten (in Chile, I think) erupted. If you google it, I bet you can find the pics. There were also some of the ash fall. I think they even got all of their animals out. (I'm wrong. May 08. Photos are on universetoday)

I think this would scare me literally to death.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
More Stunning images:

thats just awesome must have been a super slow shutter speed look at how distorted the stars are. would love to be there with my SLR and tripod.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Far out! The ones with the lightning are awesome. Both of my kids want to go to see this "up close", me too. New wall paper again.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
why is the first one photoshopped. and quite badly too?

exif chack outs. but it still looks odd.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Interesting idea... had popped up in my mind but I had not given it much thought until recently.
Who stands to gain? Deffo not the airline industry.

Could it be a scalar induced dry run for some future artificially generated food shortage, to study behaviour of the people of the UK? We had to send a whole lot of our fruit, lamb and fish back from the UK to New Zealand and also we are attempting to offload some of it on the states too. I'm not complaining because it means supermaket prices will drop here, plus we'll get the good export stuff instead of the rubbish we usually get dumped on us consumers!

edit:lighting around volcanic eruptions is common, the general consensus is that it is static discharge caused by the friction of hundreds of tonnes of fine ash particles. If you follow electric universe theory, if the earths core is a giant cathode then when the cork comes off..

I love volcanoes (I was on the mountain the last time Ruapehu erupted down this way
) and I love seeing a little bit of chaos and disruption... go get em ey... eye... eye jaf jaaa.... eyjafjallajokull....

[edit on 19/4/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
great pics, goes to show the fury of nature quite well. would be facinating but frightening at the same time to be up close as this to see and hear first hand the power and rage going on with the eruptions.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
tnx so much 4 the awesome pics evrybody,they were the best i ve ever seen!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Unfortunately I thought the same thing about it being man-made, but only because of a report I saw on Fox News last week, April 12th. I originally saw this on their broadcast, but I dug around on the website and found a link to the story.

Fox News Story

REYKJAVIK, Iceland -- Iceland's latest volcanic eruption is coming to an end, scientists said Monday -- and the unexpected tourist boom that lifted this recession-weary country's financial gloom may be up in smoke as well.

It says something about a country's fortunes when an erupting volcano is greeted as good news. But Iceland has had a rocky time since its banks collapsed 18 months ago, capsizing the economy and sending unemployment soaring.

Then, last month, the Eyjafjallajokull volcano began erupting after almost 200 years of silence, threatening floods and earthquakes but drawing thousands of adventurous tourists -- and their desperately needed cash -- to the site where ash and red-hot lava spewed from a crater between two glaciers.

All good things must come to an end, however, and scientists said Monday that the eruption is winding down. "The volcanic activity has essentially stopped," said Einar Kjartansson, a geophysicist at the Icelandic Meteorological Office. "I believe the eruption has ended."

Opps! So much for the eruption ending.

Maybe they thought they could keep it going as a minor eruption to help the tourism industry?

Without this news story, I would have just wrote the larger eruption off as a natural occurrence.

Either way, great photos!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
anyone know if theres a live webcam to the volcano....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow, i feel small, but in a good way somehow

Go nature !!! Makes me proud to be a part of all this (edit to add second line)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wow look at those lightining! Very amazing pic!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
To me, this one is just freaky. www.universetoday.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

this pic has been my wallpaper since last week
It's my favorite volcano pic so far!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Viewing these photos it's easy to understand how past generations worshiped and feared nature as living gods. Awesome pics, I changed my desktop backround three times !

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Viewing these photos it's easy to understand how past generations worshiped and feared nature as living gods. Awesome pics, I changed my desktop backround three times !

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Yonder mountain]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Yonder mountain]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

"http://www.disclose.tv/embedPlayer.php?vid=054dc98b329e8837d6429c484" flashvars="config=http://www.disclose.tv/videoConfigXmlCode.php?pg=video_42237_no_0_extsite" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="425" height="355" name="flvplayer" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true">Disclose.tv Ultimate UFO Collection-Iceland Volcano March 2010 Video

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Those are some sweet pics! It will be interesting to see how active this stays since Iceland is basically one big volcano ... kind of like Hawaii. Natures a beast.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Its easy to see how primitive peoples could have taken these eruptions with lightening and all for angry Gods.

It really does make you stop in your tracks and ponder your impotence against such might and fury.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join