It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK AIRSPACE: So I just saw my first UFO... 2 to be precise!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
WE seen 2 Orange orbs tonight also, lancs, near a580 EAST LANCS ROAD, i was useing the opportunity to view the crescent moon with mi celestron scope,i viewed the orbs with binoculars and i could see the flame AND A STRING OR SOMETHING HANGING DOWN but the other was further away ,the mises filmed it ,ill check it out tomorow if its not a Chinese lantern the second one ill try AND UPLOAD,
MUST BE A CONSPIRACY TO LET OF THESE THINGS BECAUSE I SEEN ONE LAST NIGHT ALSO WHILE ON OUR LAKE/PARK AREA.
jeez mi laptop keys are sticking ,,,,,,

edited i went of topic

[edit on 4/17/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
reply to post by Ayana

I saw something similar where I live, which is Rothesay NB Canada, just across the pond from you guys. It was an orange ball that lit up the sky, it hovered probably a mile away from my house for about 30 seconds, moving west if I remember correctly. Then the light dimmed a bit, and it folded in on its self and disappeared.

All of those sound like Chinese Fire/Sky Lanterns.

(hot air paper balloons with a combusting candle).

Yes, they are very frequently called UFOs since their appearance is quite striking and behavior outside norms.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
its a chinese lantern they must have set them off as a mark of respect for chinas earthquake

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't agree with either explanation so far. Chinese lanterns don't behave like the OP's sighting and would have been much easier to record on camera. The voice on the recording also states that there is no wind, so they would have moved much more slowly.
The sighting can't be meteors either as a meteor would move far too quickly to catch on camera. By the time you've seen it, it's gone! In a nutshell - Too fast to be chinese lanterns and too slow to be meteors.
In my opinion the objects remain unidentified for now. Star and flag btw!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
i must be invisable or something because i clearly stated i seen moving stars, yes they looked like stars not orange, one following one whilst another crosses there path in the opposite direction, TWICE...oh now i get it, you have no explaination so you just dont say anything...now THAT makes sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by steven barnes

I reckon you saw discovery and the space station. I looked out when my mum rang me amazed. They are doing a double flyby as discovery has just disembarked.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
well in the first instance there were 3 moving objects, 2 going in the same direction about an inch apart and another crossing them. The second instance was just 2 objects crossing paths also going in different directions, in a similar area of the sky - i dont understand how it could be the space station unless it orbits the earth every 5ish minutes, travels in different directions also accompanied by another object following the exact same line and maintaining exact distance apart, not to mention seeing "moving star objects" on there own - i mention the other 2 instances more because of the crossing of multiple moving stars also i stress to say this happened within a 15 minute time of space.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by steven barnes]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies! I'm really greatful.

Erm... I don't really think they were Chinese lanterns (sorry sp?) no, and my mam was convinced coz I actually suggested it as you can hear on the video once the light vanishes, but yeah, thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'm open to anything!

We seem to have them all over.

Fellow Geordie who also mentioned it (sorry, name escapes me!) hello!

But yeah, pretty cool for a Sat night, and I'll keep looking tonight since I'm sure the airspace is still closed and if anything happens (I'm sort of desperate now for it to happen again!) I'll try and film again!

Ay x

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
if you just take time to look, you see something pretty much 100% of the time, as far as my experiences go and im not just talking about a mispercieved plane, fog, radio controlled sock, electricity manifested as ghandi or any of the other explainations - fact is, we're used to seeing aeroplanes and anything we see that we can't really recognise we just assume is an aeroplane mostly because of frequency and also the fact the only other memory we have is one of "fiction" because we see many books and movies about other things. Since you depend on your memory or experience to judge the present, if you have a memory of the fact that its not real, this is your reality so if you see it in reality you will tend to believe it isnt real because your experience of reality is fiction memory, you could say ah ha but you've just experienced something well you must remember fiction is the way it is because we just want great experiences in short time periods apparently its called "entertainment" but anyway ill stop banging on about this, i think if you see something and can't identify it, if it really bothers you can find out what satillites passed over that part of the sky and planes, if you do not find any then you can then suggest that it was definatly something and just go with it, who cares what people say they're just repeating someone elses words and ideas anyway just like i am, i didnt make any of these words, so how do i know how i really think?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by steven barnes

Yeah I see what you mean.

I've had a massive amount of Twitter replies, mainly coz I talked to a scientist who is pretty well known over here (did some TV work) and a lot of people saw the same thing, at different times, in different places all around the country. One said about 11:30 in Wales, and the scientist himself said he saw them and "didn't think it was alien tech" (which I wasn't suggesting anyway) "but it's interesting nonetheless" so yeah, could've been anything, but it's made me pretty happy, so what the hell!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven barnes
well in the first instance there were 3 moving objects, 2 going in the same direction about an inch apart and another crossing them. The second instance was just 2 objects crossing paths also going in different directions, in a similar area of the sky - i dont understand how it could be the space station unless it orbits the earth every 5ish minutes, travels in different directions also accompanied by another object following the exact same line and maintaining exact distance apart, not to mention seeing "moving star objects" on there own - i mention the other 2 instances more because of the crossing of multiple moving stars also i stress to say this happened within a 15 minute time of space.

could be the same as i saw.
what i saw were definately NOT chinese lanterns OR satellites. what i saw were VERY bright and they were travelling at great speed from east to west all the way across the sky. it took them about 20seconds to go all that way. do chinese lanterns travel at that speed? i dont think so.
but it seems if you're not at professor level (acedemically) on here then you cant possibly know what you're talking about.
i dont have to be an acedemic to know that what i saw werent lanterns.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

yeah the things i saw were like this, very high speed travelling east to west, although the objects crossing these were going north to south and west to east.
yes seemingly we seen the same which were not orange to my eyes, they looked alot like pulsating stars travelling VERY fast (when i say stars i mean they look just like STARS)

did you see anything crossing the paths of the objects you saw?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

what i saw were definately NOT chinese lanterns OR satellites. what i saw were VERY bright and they were travelling at great speed from east to west all the way across the sky. it took them about 20seconds to go all that way. do chinese lanterns travel at that speed? i dont think so.

Sounds pretty much like what I saw too, 'cept they went from west to east here and were really bloody quick! The reason I think not lanterns is mainly because of the engine noise I heard when I told my mam to shush. And it really didn't take them a long time to get across the sky.

Shame I didn't fully see where they came from though :/ Or where they went since it's blocked by houses and trees! It would've been much better if I could say I saw them come over the horizon and get bigger, then vanish into thin air or something!

Mind you the proffessor of physics I spoke to said "interesting" and not "chinese lantern" so meh. I'll see if he knows what they are and if he replies to me.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven barnes

yeah the things i saw were like this, very high speed travelling east to west, although the objects crossing these were going north to south and west to east.
yes seemingly we seen the same which were not orange to my eyes, they looked alot like pulsating stars travelling VERY fast (when i say stars i mean they look just like STARS)

did you see anything crossing the paths of the objects you saw?

yes i did. two of them. they crossed the other two from SE to NW diagonal direction. these two were white like stars and VERY fast, faster than the other two and were gone in a couple of seconds.
but the two going from east to west were a really bright orange, like flame coloured, one was absolutely huge, and they had a glowing/pulsating effect, very fast across the whole width of the sky until they disappeared into the distance. it was all over in about 20 seconds.
the others i saw about 20minutes later.
dooby

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Okay so a plane just flew over my house!
Looked old-style, dark coloured, had the propellory things at the front.
Not too hight up.

Dunno if that means anything! Apart from some things ARE allowed to fly!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
Sounds pretty much like what I saw too, 'cept they went from west to east here and were really bloody quick! The reason I think not lanterns is mainly because of the engine noise I heard when I told my mam to shush. And it really didn't take them a long time to get across the sky.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Ayana]

i was in the town centre so although i was making a point of listening for any sound from them, you know what its like: saturday night-town centre-traffic etc. i cant say for sure there was no engine noise, if there was i probably wouldnt have heard it anyway, especially if it was faint.
dooby

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
Okay so a plane just flew over my house!
Looked old-style, dark coloured, had the propellory things at the front.
Not too hight up.

Dunno if that means anything! Apart from some things ARE allowed to fly!

it wasnt a chinese lantern was it? hehe

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yeah, I get you! I live near a road but it was quite late, it was a Saturday, and there wasn't much traffic. There was definetely a VERY faint engine noise, but it was so faint that it was barely audiable (I have good hearing) but my mam only just heard it, and it definetly wasn't from the road, I'm sure it sounded like an aircraft.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
it wasnt a chinese lantern was it? hehe

Ah man! That'll be it! How silly of me

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi ayana

Great to see this kind of things so close to home. I keep one eye on the sky but ive never seen anything so im really jealous if im honest

I havent got a clue what it could be, but after hearing your desription on ATS live. It may have been something testing the air quality for volcanic ash. Thats the best ive got. Although i cant understand why they would do this at night and how they were able to achieve the speed you mentioned. Its just the engine noise that makes me think like this.The fact that other people seen something similar is a bonus aswell.

Never mind your mam "missy". You were doing some swearing yourself.
It should come with a parental guidance label really, so i'll be writing a strongly worded letter of disgust to my local MP.

I bid you good day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join